the Rift

[OPEN] castle of glass

Nato Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: 13 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

Glancing through the crystal like substance, the obsidian phantom observed the landscapes beauty. The rolling hills, littered with pine forests before backing up to the cliffs by the ocean. He breathed deep, the crisp pine filled air; in thought of how they could smell heaven- but they just couldn’t get a taste. Crimson pools shifted away from the lands and back to his daughter as she spoke briefly on how she’s never encountered such an element before. It was true; the stallion as well had never seen magic such as this. There was a way in, just no telling how. Audits of black pinned against his skull as he turned to inspect it again. Iron spiral prodding against its surface, making a rather horrid scratching sound. Slightly agitated the brute released a rumbling snort as he paced along its barrier. And if – but for a moment – he wondered if that equine stallion of his past; Lace- had tricked them into this place. Shaking his head, he dismissed the thought of his ironic hatred for equines and met his daughter’s curious gaze. Though she was probably right in waiting about for someone to lead the way, he had the hunch if they prodded around long enough they would find a way through the barrier of witchcraft.

Bobbing his head slightly to her comment, he turned and gazed back to the lands they now would call home. Such a chilling reminder of the Woodlands; a thought he was doing his best forget. So.. Words of a dove broke the silence, as blood filled pools returned to his daughters own lightning filled eyes. The question he knew was coming, but wasn’t quite prepared for. How would he tell her that he had gone every year in search of his family; fighting wars along the way? Almost ashamed, he took a single step back with his right leg, and lowered his crown slightly, lazing his ears to the side and then back. The cool breeze rippling through his marble tresses as he brought his once hollow crimson eyes from the earth floor and casted a gaze to his daughter that was almost apologetic, empathy laced with respect. There was no smile, there was no laugh. How was he, what had he done? There would be things he would probably never speak of again, the names of those who perished under his weapon, those who surely wait in hell for his arrival. "I’m Alright." He breathed a lie, his words masculine and soft. "Life has not been easy these last few years." He said almost coldly, but not to her. His last statement was very true; life was nothing but a horrible damnation to even be breathing anymore since the separation from his family. Though now that Nyx was here, there was a glimmer of hope.

"It was never fun knowing that no matter how hard you fought to survive one day- you would have to do it again the next. And with each sunset, you knew the sunrise was going to bring war, pain and death." The knights voice rumbled, as he turned away and looked back to the Edge, for the first time in many years he had felt a sadness; the loneliness of his years caught up to him. Though he would not cry. "When I lost your mother-“ He paused, closing his eyes and arching his chin to his chest. ”... you and Dexter." A sigh escaped his lips, shaking his head in the slightest motion, before looking back to his daughter. He had thought they were gone, lost in the blackness- left in the quakes of the dying world. He knew now, he would never see his lightning queen again; but she lived through Nyx’s eyes. ”I thought you were dead… I had to live every waking moment of my life for five years, damning myself for not being there... for not dying myself." His words seemed to trail off into silence, as he looked at her. Although his face was emotionless, his heart was bleeding, as were his eyes. He stepped closer to his daughter; his image would flow through her veins for years to come. This seemed all too good to be true- to find her here, alive in a place where perhaps war never rages like it did before.

"What of you, Daughter? I hope these years have treated you far better than they have me. When was the last you saw of your Mother.. of Dexter?“ He inquired, his stomach turning to what reply he might get from his question. It was to the point now where he missed his younger days, where all this mushy shit didn't get to him so much.. getting older sucked.

Messages In This Thread
castle of glass - by Nyx - 11-26-2013, 07:30 PM
RE: castle of glass - by Nato - 11-27-2013, 09:12 PM
RE: castle of glass - by Nyx - 12-03-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: castle of glass - by Nato - 12-05-2013, 04:20 AM
RE: castle of glass - by Nyx - 12-05-2013, 01:13 PM
RE: castle of glass - by Nato - 12-05-2013, 02:48 PM
RE: castle of glass - by Nyx - 12-05-2013, 06:15 PM
RE: castle of glass - by Lace - 12-06-2013, 07:33 AM
RE: castle of glass - by Nato - 12-07-2013, 01:50 PM
RE: castle of glass - by Nyx - 12-07-2013, 07:40 PM
RE: castle of glass - by Kaj - 12-07-2013, 11:07 PM