the Rift

[OPEN] castle of glass

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Vikram was a kind sort, Kaj had finally settled upon. Older than he, of course, and vastly more experienced. He was the, what, consort? Of Mirage, and though Kaj did not comprehend things such as love and the like, he held great respect for the half-dragon warrior. He was a fine Protector, a great duelist, and a loyal Qian member. Often times Kaj felt rather out of sorts, when he realized he was, in all technicalities, Vikram's superior. After all, it didn't seem likely that he could order around the massive soldier. Regardless, he was great company, and as the two large stags walked leisurely along the borders, Kaj was grateful not only for the rare conversation, but the enlightenment it brought him. Vikram and he were discussing how best to use the wall to their advantage during battle, considering not only the enemy would be unable to climb it. And how would members be transported out, on missions that required bulk and stealth? Would they be bottlenecked and easily killed by a large force waiting around the exit, should it be discovered? How could they attack instead of staring blankly through the warped, enhanced glass at their foes?

It was a crisp autumn eve, though Kaj was not bothered by it. Born in the highlands, surrounded by snow and ice, caverns of marble and quarries that spanned the width of the entire Edge land, the cold did not bother him as much as the others. Perhaps he wasn't a breed meant to withstand it, but being born into the environment gave him the advantage in that area. Dapples of light trickled down like water from the waning branches overhead, alighting in explosions of color upon a hide of sunlight and pale morning days. Shuffling his feathers he hummed softly as Vikram spoke in a rumble in his ear, shocking blue eyes sending his gaze pervading through the forest around them. "The mists may be our advantage here, broer. We know our way through them, perhaps we could blind our opponents by sweeping it over the walls, somehow? And striking from above, those who are winged?" It is a quiet response to a conversation that had been ongoing for quite some time, but Kaj didn't mind in the least. Vikram was wonderful company, and a pleasant man all-around, in most cases. Those excluded cases usually being war and threat.

Voices prick his aurals and he glances to Vikram quickly, for two of them are unfamiliar, and his nape feels prickled with uncertainty. "Let us greet our guests, broer." And with that dark earthen pillars push forth into a gallant shove, the wall brushing like frozen kisses upon his feathers as he strides beside it quickly. When the massive trees part, it's to reveal only one soul he recognizes- Lace. Kaj doesn't know much of the guy, except he's quiet and much like a shadow. Still, he doesn't judge, he hardly knows the man. Instead he slows and stretches his shoulder muscles, desiring only to lift into the air, but not wanting to break his conversation with Vikram in order to do so. "Greetings, broer. Are these new members to be?" He turns his crown to the two, curiosity in sharp azure gazers.

Extending a wing towards the stag he had arrived with, he gave a warm smile. "Vikram and I have been discussing strategies with our wall. Lace, you have skill with glass, still? It seems word travels too fast, too many promotions and disappearances...it is hard to remain afloat." Voice drops, so as only to speak so that Lace can hear him, not wanting the newcomers to hear his worries. "Broer, are you on patrol? Apologies, I forgot to ask. I have seen so few of our Protectors, I must seek out Destrier..." Shaking his crown he clears his throat, wishing his native tongue did not interfere so often with the words needed to communicate with his brethren. They all spoke so funny here, with lilting accents and flowery words he couldn't comprehend. Often it left him frustrated to the point where he would remain in the skies until his shoulders burned, wondering why they were so distant from him, when in his homeland they embraced each other upon first meeting.

"Kaj, WingLeader of the World's Edge. May I ask your names? I fear I'm late to the party, Lace has better timing than I." Now he raises his voice higher, to include the other two, and settles back into a more comfortable position, wings clutched about him to fend off the sneaking tendrils of cool wind that attempted to whip at his skin so suddenly.

KAJ
Everybody with your fists raised high-
Let me hear your battle cry

image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
castle of glass - by Nyx - 11-26-2013, 07:30 PM
RE: castle of glass - by Nato - 11-27-2013, 09:12 PM
RE: castle of glass - by Nyx - 12-03-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: castle of glass - by Nato - 12-05-2013, 04:20 AM
RE: castle of glass - by Nyx - 12-05-2013, 01:13 PM
RE: castle of glass - by Nato - 12-05-2013, 02:48 PM