the Rift

[OPEN] Contaminated Soil [Africa]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

If only Africa had known that my thoughts mimicked a cry that was vaguely the same as hers. We all had burdens to carry, secrets to keep for the sake of others; yar, I kept my personal matters hidden behind a facade of pleasantries. But that was all the act was; a show of pleasant and polite responses to keep those underneath satisfied, or in most cases worry free. Sometimes, once in a very great while I got the chance to gallop across the skies in abandonment—forget my responsibilities and failures.

I could see unspoken words straining to break free from behind her eyes, it was written in the gentle folds of her delicate structure. She didn’t try to conceal it, because the way she carried herself forward seemed sloppy and distant. Discontentment was a trait that seemed keen on plaguing many of our family of late. Her soft response to my greeting was appropriate, but it lacked a sense of vigor. I lingered for a moment against her warm skin, relishing in the closeness of my ally for a few moments longer than just a polite bump.

Concern wouldn’t be forced to linger unanswered for long, Africa spoke again. My smile fell away when Africa gave a rather blunt indication that I wouldn’t find favor some of her report. My face moved aside, pulling away from her to gaze into those soft eyes with a wash of curious interest perking my ears forward. She mentioned Foothills, a changed opinion on the matter of a transgressing herd becoming our allies. I didn’t see anything wrong with this and simply nodded approvingly as Africa finished speaking about Solace. It would be nice for the rest of our family to see the new Foothills.

She paused, which gave me a chance to praise her efforts, “Aye, ye did excellent; I’m glad to hear your travels bore fruit,” gently my lips curled to offer her a favorable grin.

The Oracle turned away, successfully breaking contact. I bent my skull to follow her direction patiently—waiting for the dreary news she had promised. “I have brought from the Threshold a Unicorn. He has recently escaped the Basin.” Surprise gripped me for a moment longer than expected, ebony ears slipped back against skull as the desert lass went on to defend the unicorn which was obviously in close vicinity. For many long moments I said nothing, only listened to what she had to say.

Africa looked up, though it wasn’t to me; she was staring off toward the sea. Likely where our Basin company stood by. Finally I spoke, my voice slipped out with tender notes for her sake—but behind the tenderness was a cold hardness that she was likely unfamiliar with, “Take me to see this lad. If he is as ye say, then we shall see if our home can be shared with one of Northern blood.” The smiles had vanished from my face, in its place was a stern but relaxed mask. I wouldn’t tolerate a liar in our beds, and too often I’d had seen violence and liars breeding bastard children into this world. “Ye say he has an ailing-mind?”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Contaminated Soil [Africa] - by Voodoo - 11-27-2013, 01:39 AM
RE: Contaminated Soil [Africa] - by Africa - 11-27-2013, 05:56 PM
RE: Contaminated Soil [Africa] - by Midas - 11-28-2013, 01:39 AM
RE: Contaminated Soil [Africa] - by Africa - 11-29-2013, 11:26 PM
RE: Contaminated Soil [Africa] - by Midas - 12-03-2013, 04:20 PM
RE: Contaminated Soil [Africa] - by Africa - 12-03-2013, 05:43 PM
RE: Contaminated Soil [Africa] - by Voodoo - 12-05-2013, 02:28 AM
RE: Contaminated Soil [Africa] - by Midas - 12-16-2013, 10:42 PM
RE: Contaminated Soil [Africa] - by Africa - 12-17-2013, 12:27 AM
RE: Contaminated Soil [Africa] - by Voodoo - 12-23-2013, 07:41 PM