[OPEN] Contaminated Soil [Africa]

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
tear me open pour me out,
inside there's things that scream and shout

Quite quickly upon our arrival into the dust bowl, my dappled acquaintance lead me to a sight that I had not expected to see: blue waters that lapped the sandy earth steadily, white froth sticking to the hot sand for quick moments before it evaporated back into the surely salty earth. Wine red eyes took in the nearly unbelievable sight; from what I had gathered, there was supposed to be nothing here but sand, dry grass, and plenty of dust. How wrong are you? they mocked in a whiney pitch, their make-believe eyes still pressed eagerly against the sockets in my skull.

Africa suggested wading in the waves, claiming that it would do my body good. The only waters that I believe could ever revive sore muscles were that of the hot springs in the Basin... steam rolling off of the top of the waters that were plotted so perfectly in the snowy valley. But, they are no longer what I have, so this may have to do. Glazed pools lifted up to the one-winged mare just before she spoke, dual colored ears pressing toward her voice. “I am going to find someone to bless your stay.” And with that, the gray turned on a dime and made her way back into the desert, leaving me with her flying... crow? "Blessing?" I muttered to myself, though I'm sure my speckled friend did not catch it.

It sat there, watching me, staring with it's oil drop eyes.. what is it thinking? An odd feeling began to crawl up my spine, causing me to stand ever so awkwardly in a frozen position as I watched the dark feathered bird watch me. Speak to it. Shoo, go away bird. Leave us alone "Uhm.. go away, bird." I finally grumbled, my ears cocking backward as if I were irritated. I lifted my crowned skull a little, attempting to show authority to something that surely did not care. "Scram?" The word was supposed to roll off of my tongue with force behind it, but rather dropped into a low-mumbled question.

Minutes seemed to drag by, the heat setting on my dark hide uncomfortably. The sun really is not my best friend, though I do enjoy his return much more than I had thought I would have. Still the bird floated carelessly over the water, it's eyes boring into me and creating a bit of an irritation in my guts. Reluctantly, I peeled my eyes off of the flying rat and slowly drug myself into the waters. Initially, the waves were like a cold slap in the face; one that made you want to suck every bit of breath you could back in just so you could whine for a few minutes. Eventually I found myself standing fairly deep in the cool waves, allowing them to lap across the middle of my belly, the tension slowly dwindling from my tight legs.

Dry air was so uncomfortable, and the ocean salt seemed to make it even more intense with each small breeze that would glide through the rolling dunes. My tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth, begging for some form of liquid to help wet my throat. Curiously, I dropped my face to the moving waters, sniffing it as if it were different from the rest of the ocean. Without enough reaction time, I began to sip in the grotesque water, letting it run over my tongue and down my throat before the fact hit my brain: this is disgusting. Nostrils flared and I exhaled loudly, my jaw hanging slack to allow a stream of water to pour from my mouth and back into the ocean.

As if they knew I was making a fool of myself, the duo crested over the sandy hill just in time to possibly watch me spew out the briny liquid. My jaw snapped such abruptly and I lifted my skull back into the air, ears rotating backward. Red eyes found the bird; "Thanks." I growled, sighing afterword. It's a good thing you're so spectacular at first impressions! one of them giggled, dashing off into the depths of their small prison. I pondered on introducing myself to the stallion that was littered with gold. Perhaps I should get out of the bath first..

I cleared my accompanied mind before allowing myself to do anything else, though of course you can always tell a crazy from a group. My eyes surely always give away my mind-set, but I'm sure the tangled, matted hair, along with the ungroomed body, creates a perfect illusion. "Africa." I spoke her name as if I were greeting her into my home -as if I knew what was going on- as I made my way out of the cool water, just now feeling all of the sand that has wedged its way into my thick coat, leaving a layer of grit on my legs. "I am," I paused as I exited the water, my tail swishing back and forth quickly in order to somewhat wring out. "I am Voodoo." my empty eyes reached out to the magnificent male that stood before me, accompanying the space next to Africa.

A pang of some strange jealously shot through my brain and ended in my guts, leaving a bitter feeling on my now salty tongue.

Tagged: @[Africa], @[Midas]
Ooc: Oh my god, I'm sorry it's so long and weird, I'm in a funny mood. Lol.
Text here "Chat here." Voices here

i run but it stays right by my side
Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Messages In This Thread
Contaminated Soil [Africa] - by Voodoo - 11-27-2013, 01:39 AM
RE: Contaminated Soil [Africa] - by Africa - 11-27-2013, 05:56 PM
RE: Contaminated Soil [Africa] - by Midas - 11-28-2013, 01:39 AM
RE: Contaminated Soil [Africa] - by Africa - 11-29-2013, 11:26 PM