the Rift

Sanity Is But a Mirage

Epona Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Epona

~No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul~

Enemies fall before you, growing into the ground below your feet. But does one ever truly die? Ghosts haunt your every step. They know what you’ve done. They want revenge. They will come for you.
Dainty ears flicked this way and that, listening for any sign of life. The air in the forest was remarkably quite; even the birds that surely perched upon the many branches of the trees here did not utter their disgusting songs. Epona was usually happy for this type of silence; she greatly disliked noise and commotion. But the voices that raked through her brain were being rather rowdy at the moment, echoing sharply around her head; and the mare was desperate for something to break her out of the trance that they always put her in. There were times when the voices were good, allowing her some glimpse of genius that she had not thought of herself. But this was not one of those days, they were out for blood. Hoping to tip her hooves over the edge of insanity that she precariously danced along. Or had she already fallen? Oh it was so hard to tell these days. It’s a miracle she didn’t just charge over the cliff, into the calming abyss of hysteria. But some tie kept her in the realm of the sane, a strong chain that resonated from her past. One that she barely remembered these days.

They will come for you. Epona snorted at the voices, unsure of who exactly they were speaking of. The ghosts of her victims? Well she had killed them once, she could do it again. ”Let them come.” Her lyrics trickle from her lips in a whisper, the mare not wanting to break the pristine silence that enveloped her. They will come. They will not stop. The dead shall not parish. Bald face shakes wildly, trying to rid herself of the haunting voices. She did not want them saying such things. They will take you. Make you suffer like the beast that you are. A sharp hoof strikes out an unseen force, hoping to scare away the nerves that arrived when the voices spoke like this. They seemed to be all knowing, and so if they said that something was coming it always seemed as if they were right. A slight sweat begins to accumulate over the mare’s body. Partially from the sun that managed to slip through the thick leaves, though it also originated from the fear that occupied her thoughts.

They’re coming. As the voices spoke their last threat a sound snapped the mare out of her trance; sending her spooking away from the noise, a sharp snarl erupting from her white lips. Epona’s head arches high as her ice eyes slip across the scenery, searching for the sound that had caught her attention. There had been the sound of hooves on leaves, she knew it. There was no way her mind had created it, it was far too real. Finally the mare’s sight catches a form twisting through the trees. At first the mare’s clouded judgment took him for a ghost, his black pelt that of night. But soon he came closer and Epona saw that he was tangible, just an equine answering her call. At this a deep sigh escaped the mare, a bell like laughter rumbled from her throat. How are you to be powerful when you jump from such?”Shhhh…! The mare reprimanded the voices quietly, this was their fault after all. If they had not worked her nerves she never would have acted out in such a way.
As the stallion closed in on her Epona took the chance to look him over. He was a very handsome brute. He stood only a little bit taller than the mare, his coat a deep black; though he had white markings on his stomach and chest, as if there was snow falling upwards onto his body. Two horns grew from his skull, so he was one of Epona, this caused a smirk to lift onto her lips. Though the strange thing perched upon his back caused this smirk to falter. She looked over the thing for a few moments, before returning her icy gaze to the stallion. His words then filled the air, asking if she had called. His voice seemed somewhat gruff, cold.

Epona gently tipped her head at the boy, trying to judge his character, gazing into his bright blue eyes. But they would not reveal their secrets to her, so the mare straightened her skull, horn twirling upwards to the sky. ”Yes, I called. Epona nodded her head gently, trying to remember the manners that she had learned many years ago. "My apologies for my previous show. I seem to be a bit jumpy today…" The mare chuckled lightly, more to herself than the stallion in front of her. You sound ridiculous. The mare ignored the words of the voices, keeping her attention on the beast in front of her. ”My calling is Epona." The mare gave a slight dip of her head. She would never bow, to anyone; but this was her sign of respect. ”I was calling for the hope of finding someone who could help me. I am searching for a place to settle myself, a land that I could be a part of.” Epona nodded her head along with her words. She hoped by some miracle this stallion could help her, and if he could that he was from the Basin. Hopefully the Gods were smiling upon her at this moment.

Messages In This Thread
Sanity Is But a Mirage - by Epona - 11-27-2013, 12:40 PM
RE: Sanity Is But a Mirage - by Torleik - 11-27-2013, 03:55 PM
RE: Sanity Is But a Mirage - by Epona - 11-27-2013, 11:38 PM
RE: Sanity Is But a Mirage - by Torleik - 12-01-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: Sanity Is But a Mirage - by Epona - 12-01-2013, 08:44 PM
RE: Sanity Is But a Mirage - by Torleik - 12-05-2013, 04:26 PM