the Rift

Chase the night away.

Gaige Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

GAIGE

With your halo slipping down

It had been a long day, one of those “life is tough and then you die” kind of days. Where the shoes you were meant to fill get bigger and bigger and your feet just seem to be getting smaller no matter how hard you try. And those thin, thin lines between what’s right and what needs to be done get warped and twisted until you can’t really tell the difference between justice and revenge. You look up at the stars and wonder if they ever gaze back, wonder if they give a damn about the world underneath them or if they just don’t care. Pale blue eyes look out on the world with a piercing stare that cares nothing for the goings on of others except what they can do for him. The chocolate bay stallion passes through the threshold with a confident stride, the muscular body of one who has fought for survival and come out grinning on the other side. The silvery white scars of battles long past trace through the skin like cracks in the paint, but he wears them with pride anyway.

Gaige sighed looking around at the identical trees around him, where the hell was he anyway? The day was coming to end and the light was fading fast, casting long dark shadows that couldn’t be escaped. He had been travelling all day, hoping to put as much distance as he could between himself and the mess he had gotten into. It had taken all his wit, clever thinking and a lot of luck to keep from getting himself killed; challenging his old gang on their turf had been a very, very bad idea. He guessed he should’ve seen it coming not surprising really when he thought about it, no-one leaves a gang the way he did without causing some kind of retaliation. What was surprising was the person who had caused him to leave in the first place, his eyes hardened at the thought.

The stallion stopped as his sharp blue eyes noticed another winding their way through the trees ahead of him. He smirked, something to take his mind off things perhaps? Friend or foe either way he looked forward to the distraction after the day he’d had. Gaige started forward silently towards the stranger, his face a blank mask while his body feigned over confidence. Before the stranger could notice him he spoke.

“And here I thought I had this whole forest to myself, lucky for you I don’t mind the extra company, names’ Gaige and you are?”

He smiled to himself, he always made the first move.

"talk talk talk."

Nato Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: 13 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

The demon made his way through the Threshold pine; it reminded him of his home land the Woodlands. Masculine figure remains like stone, as crimson optics gaze through the timbers admiring what little beams of light danced through the shadows. The sound of cracking earth interrupted his moment of silence, as lobes pinned against his massive skull as he turned slowly to face the source of the sound. Glowing crimson pools rested upon an older equine stallion, walking his way. Twisted iron weapon readied as he locked eyes with the approaching fiend. Equine filth how gross Nato thought to himself, as he listened to what the creature had to say. Needless to say, Nato was not amused. Though curious to why the chocolate stag would just wonder up to a Unicorn of his size, so fearless… and arrogant; he snorted roughly into the cool air.

"Nato." He breathed- noting the stallions’ name. He stood there in thought, just gazing at the rival beast. He was old- but Nato was older. Both their bodies were painted in battle scars. "Lucky for you - I’m in a good mood." He said sarcastically turning to face the stallion with ease, muscles rippling under his obsidian coat. "You must not be aware of the monsters that lurk in these woods." He smirked and looked around the darkening forest. Poor creature- probably was afraid of the dark. Nato twisted his head, arching his chin to his chest and aiming his weapon to the stallion before him.

"You bare many scars; have you fought many battles?" The demon inquired, lifting his head and glancing over the stags body for a brief moment.

Don’t make your first move, your last.

[ooc: Heyo :) Hope you don’t mind Nato’s company xD ]

Unregistered

GAIGE

The shadows between the trees lengthened and flickered, tricking the eyes and the mind into what was real and what wasn’t. It was the kind of place that made you wish you’d never left your mother’s side in the first place. Not that Gaige had much time to know what a having mother was like, or father for that matter. Although the chocolate stallion never faltered he did wonder what else lurked in the deeper reaches of the forest waiting for the unsuspecting.

Those surprises just kept on coming as pale blues an impenetrable mask met glowing reds demonic in nature, long twisting metal struck out from a dark forehead between them like a knife and one he knew how to use. Gaige let his eyes roam lazily over the old stallion, taking him in. Just two old soldiers eh? He thought to himself as he noticed the rippling muscles and marred black and white coat.And a unicorn too, haven’t seen one of those in years. Gaige smiled to himself, he always liked a challenge.

The demon stallion offered his name and a sarcastic comment to Gaige’s cocky introduction. The equine smiled in response he was starting to like the guy already.
“Monsters eh?” he said making a show of peering into the darkness. “You offering to keep me safe from the nasties big guy?” Gaige smirked in return and snaked closer to the stallion, oh how he loved a good tease although he kept a sharp gaze on the other, it wouldn’t do for the day to end with a sharp horn sticking out him of somewhere unpleasant.

“You got somewhere us old soldiers can rest our heads for the night? Or you know, not rest. Either way is fine for me” He side stepped away a few paces and cocked his back hoof in an attempt to seem nonchalant; he used that tactic often in both predicaments (usually of his own making) and well… other things of a certain nature. He locked his piercing gaze on the stallion waiting for a response, and hoping like always he hadn't just made matters worse for himself.

"talk talk talk."

*OOC Sorry about Gaige's attitude, he hits on anything that moves. Of course I don't mind Nato's company, he's a very interesting character, maybe the boys will get along...or not. xD

Hidden Account
Candy

Nato had only been in Helovia long enough to meet a few equine that roamed these lands. Thankfully he somehow managed to catch up to his daughter in the same forest after five years of being gone from other another’s lives. Lobes lazed to the sides of his black crown as he turned to gaze into the glittering forest. The sun was setting; and all would be dark soon. Monsters. The earthen stallion spoke again, and the demon cocked his head while pinning his ears as Gaige mentioned something about offering to keep him safe from nastiness. Raising his brow, Nato just looked at the stallion. While laughing like a mad man on the inside, his face was blank and very un-amused.

The beast cleared his throat; being just a little bit uncomfortable being called big guy by another stallion. "Not so sure I can keep you safe from myself." He smirked and side stepped away from the earthen stag. And for a moment, he had wondered if he should offer this equine mutt. Unaware if he even had the authority to do so- back in Isilme anyone could recruit members; but here everything seemed different. Looking back to the brown soldier as he moved closer, and inquired about a place to rest for the evening, he thought of Lace and what he might say to the soldier.

"I might know of a place." He breathed, a huff of fog looming around his lips. "I hail from a place, called Worlds Edge." He paused, knowing that his entire herd was riddled with equine; and that this fellow just might like that. But who was he to offer an invitation to someone he hardly knew? "I could offer you a night of refuge- but it might not be me to decide if you stay." He turned his head and gazed into the direction of home. He wondered though; what the protectors might think… and then suddenly he didn’t care.

This was just one equine- not an army of them. "Or you could stay here… in the darkness while the monsters come out to play." He smirked and looked back to Gaige, swishing his tail against the crisp air like a whip. He has not described his home to this stallion- he would just have to see for himself.

[ooc: No worries :) They'll get along fine I'm sure xD In their own little twisted way of course :3]

Unregistered

GAIGE

He was nothing without the mask he hid so well behind, pale blue eyes parting the way through a sea of questioning eyes. Nothing was laid so bare across his tired face that he didn’t do for show, never had he been stripped naked before anyone and he would make sure it stayed that way, preferring to push them away than let someone have to chance to pierce his heart again, betray him in that way.

And now that mask held tight as two stallions danced around each other into the coming darkness, thoughts and motives hidden as a strange orange flame rose into the blackened sky. Ears pricked forward at a distant sound that penetrated the otherwise silent forest, but it was ignored.

‘Not so sure I can keep you safe from myself’ well that kind of comment certainly warranted a response and Gaige smiled.

“I can relate” he replied simply.

The demon mentioned a place and Gaige noticed when the stallion trained his eyes towards a point in the darkness, home he guessed. Home well he hadn’t had one of those in a while. Although the chocolate stallion never made a point of staying one place too long, it had a nasty habit of backfiring on you. What was it they said? ‘Home is where the heart is’? Well that was bullshit, he mused as he thought back to the smelly, damp and noisy shelters his gang had resided in. But then again somewhere to rest his head at night after a long day was something that could be warranted as home sweet home…in a way.

His silent musing was interrupted as Nato mentioned something about monsters and the way he smirked made Gaige grin, pale blues flashing under the light of moon.

“You tryna scare me? All this talk about monsters makes a guy think certain things, things about gettin’ all close and cuddly”

Despite all his mischief he realised the other guy was offering him a decent place to stay even if he didn’t have the authority to do so in the first place. One night couldn’t hurt he guessed, he’d move on to greener pastures come morning and figure out exactly where he was and what kind of trouble he could find for himself next.

“Well friend, as tempting as these monsters are, I could use a good night’s sleep and this World’s Edge sounds like my kinda place, lead the way?”

"talk talk talk."'

OOC* Earthen stag, that's really cool do you mind if I use that? Also I hope you don't mind me cutting this post short but I'd love to continue on in World's Edge once I get my stats updated (im going to make Gaige an Outcast, for awhile anyway, see where he goes =]) Feel free to post a last reply or just leave it whatever you want =]

Hidden Account
Candy

"Feel free to cuddle with me anytime." The black stallion hissed in warning. What was cuddling, him and Querida never cuddled. But they did dance, in the rain, in a lightning storm. But that was different, and this stallion’s mockery was not going unnoticed. Pinning his audits against his polished crown, the warrior thought for a moment in consideration that perhaps he shouldn't bring this thing into his new home. Mostly because of the cuddling thing- that would just be annoying wouldn't it?

"Come, Gaige." The stallion uttered the earthen beasts name with an acidic tone. "This way." Vocals rumbled, as daggers lifted in sync and pounded the blades of green below him. Twisted iron aimed high, as the beast slipped into the hungry shadows. His form dashing off in a gallop to the Edge; his thoughts trailing to who might confront them for bringing a stranger home.. and so soon.

[ooc: No not at all I don’t mind. I’ll post for you in the Edge =] Sorry for the short reply; but the post for you in the edge will be much more primed. <3]