the Rift

[OPEN] An empty shell

Apodis Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Eaglecry

Apodis

I've become much too good at being invincible, I'm an expert at play it safe, and keep it cool
But I swear this isn't who I'm meant to be, I refuse to let my life roll all over me...

He watched as the golden orb shrunk behind the horizon. The field alight with a fiery passion. The stallion out lined with a golden glow, his dapples shined brightly; the ones facing the sun. The seasons where changing, he could feel it the air. The light faded more frequently as the weeks went by. The cold days would soon be upon them once more. It felt as if it had only just come around and yet it was approaching the doorstep again. A gentle breeze picked up through the hills, gently catching his deep brown tendrils, causing them to dance upon the wind. The atmosphere was calm, the field had a certain serenity about it. But he just felt so out of place. The sound of thundering hooves did not alert the stallion as it should, the boy was not all there, something was bothering him, dreadfully. He should have been alert, but he just stood as still as a statue. being outside his home territory, he needed to watch his back, he was out of the safe area and into the throat of the beasts.
The sound paused, not to far from where he stood, then softer footfalls sounded. The stag could feel the presence of another in rather close proximity. He didn't move a muscle. Eye's stared blatantly ahead, unfocused, blank, a dead emotion. His skin crawled when something brushed over his back, twitching with the sensations running through him. Her voice broke through his revere, her soft girly voice. Something he had missed dearly, but still it did not seem to break through to him. However he moved; be it a little stiffly. reaching out with his nostrils towards her, he 'bumped' nose in a greeting, letting out the breath he did not know he had held in. "Lua" he spoke gently, his voice but almost a whisper, definitely not the usual cheery self he was. The sun caught at his golden eye's, making them glow a fiery orange. A gentle smile pulled hesitantly at his coffee stained lips. It was the least he could give to her, for all that had happened. Just a single smile could be the light of someone else's day. Though this painted mare always seemed to be so happy and bouncy. He hoped she didn't catch upon his depressed state, the stag didn't want to drag others down with him. "what brings you here?" he asked softly, just trying to distract her from him.

@[Kahlua]
"Talk Talk Talk"

image credits
table by whit
[Image: 525f791c057b6]64HP
[Image: 52878c6669a55]
Lines by bronzehalo

Messages In This Thread
An empty shell - by Apodis - 11-27-2013, 07:54 PM
RE: An empty shell - by Kahlua - 11-29-2013, 09:17 PM
RE: An empty shell - by Apodis - 12-03-2013, 05:30 PM
RE: An empty shell - by Apodis - 12-07-2013, 08:42 PM