the Rift

[OPEN] An empty shell

Apodis Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Eaglecry

Apodis

I've become much too good at being invincible, I'm an expert at play it safe, and keep it cool
But I swear this isn't who I'm meant to be, I refuse to let my life roll all over me...

The little black and white painted mare was happy to see him. Too happy for good, it just created more pain inside his chest. He should have been happy to see her. He'd missed her yet here he was not showing that at all, while she was bouncing with joy and happiness to see him. Something was definitely wrong with the golden boy. Something deep, resurfacing from his first years of life perhaps.
The lady moon. The way she spoke about it, almost brought a smile to his frown, almost. The way she spoke about the moon, the pure passion she exuberated, the way her eye's sparkled when she spoke about it. He felt something more towards her, Though that feeling was short lived, when the stag found out about her being attacked. If she was trying to make him feel better. She wasn't doing a good job about it. "You were attacked!" He almost choked on his own words. How could anyone in their right mind attack someone so ...innocent and sweet nurtured like kahlua. What was wrong with the world. How could they be so bitter. She was still talking, he smiled inwardly. The mare could talk for hours and he'd happily listen to her sweet sounding voice, so gentle and soothing in an odd way.
The necklace she pointed out, captivated his attention, His golden orbs simply could not stop staring at the amulet, or was it her?
He finally managed to pull his eye's back up to Lua. The mare with the childish mind. He stood quietly, having now forgotten about her attacker. It was in the past, unlike the hurt and betray he was feeling. Mostly on his part. None of this had happened to him, it was self inflicted. Turning his gaze back to the sky, watching as it grew darker as the sun surpassed the horizon. The moon would soon be joining the sky. Its silver light would cast a glow upon the field and the two that stood on the edge. Even with her stood so close to him, he felt empty inside, wishing greatly to feel something again. To actually enjoy the fact she was stood here with him.
He sighed gently, dropping his gaze to the grass covered hill top. He was clearly no good at hiding how he felt for even she knew there was something up with him. "I don't know Lua, I honestly don't" He picked his gaze up to look at her. How could he burden such monstrous troubles upon her. it wasn't right. Though something about her just made him want to talk. To tell her how empty he felt inside. How he felt like a huge part of him was missing, wiped clean from his brain, Just leaving an empty shell.
The breeze whipped up suddenly, blasting a bout of cold air across the field, leaving just as quickly as it arrived. At that he turned to the little lady. His protective instinct kicked in. "Perhaps we should find shelter, the cold night is about ready to settle down" He reached out with his nose, running it gently across her neck, attempting to find a little comfort in doing so.

@[Kahlua]
OOC: sorry if its all over the place ;_;
"Talk Talk Talk"

image credits
table by whit
[Image: 525f791c057b6]64HP
[Image: 52878c6669a55]
Lines by bronzehalo

Messages In This Thread
An empty shell - by Apodis - 11-27-2013, 07:54 PM
RE: An empty shell - by Kahlua - 11-29-2013, 09:17 PM
RE: An empty shell - by Apodis - 12-03-2013, 05:30 PM