the Rift

[OPEN] An empty shell

Apodis Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Eaglecry

Apodis

I've become much too good at being invincible, I'm an expert at play it safe, and keep it cool
But I swear this isn't who I'm meant to be, I refuse to let my life roll all over me...

Yes, she was here, she was safe. And he sure as hell wasn't going to let anyone attack her ever again. Why they always picked on the weak, he didn't understand. Why not pick a fight with someone of the same skill, same strength and speed. Then if you came out the better off, you could flaunt your abilities to fight. Perhaps it was just what he had been taught, It may have been tiresome when he was still so young. But some parts of his past were what made him, Him. They had all been trained to attack only those whom appeared stronger, had weapons, or better yet, escape tools. You simply did not learn from taking the easy path. That just showed weakness, something the Buckskin was doing right now. He was emotionally damaged, sometimes beyond repair, only time and patience could cure him now. Or perhaps his newly found, black and white happy pill.
The mare was always chipper, the stag simply could not stay miserable along side her for much longer. It wore of on him, pretty quickly and a smile came to his coffee stained lips. A hint of the cheery self, he'd once been the first time they had met. The mare was taking every attempt to consolidate him and it was working. She was making him feel whole again. Like he wasn't such a waste, a useless being that had no part in the world. No, she made him feel like he had a meaning. That there truly was that light at the end of the tunnel.
He bumped his shoulder against hers when she moved closer, a gentle action that spoke louder than words. Flashing her a smile, He turned and headed for the dip in the valley. A place the wind would not batter against then so forcibly.
If he found out. If he found out what was bothering him, He could tell her. He gave a sigh of relief. The mare actually wanted to know what it was that was bothering him so much. Was she for real or had he simply fallen asleep without realizing it. Pinch me. He thought with almost a chuckle. Perhaps he could console to her, maybe just this once. Maybe.
“Tell me a story. Something grand. Something brave. Something about you.” This time, the Stag could not hide it any longer and he chuckled softly, turning his head to her, attempting to reach out and 'boop' her on the nose with his own. "Something about me?" he pondered aloud, with a hint of a laugh. They way she spoke, had just amused him out of his little depressed state. If anything, he would not have thought it to be her off all he knew.
The buckskin had been scanning the area as they walked along. Searching for a place to rest, too tell her a story she had requested. He felt like he owed her that much. After all he had not been the most pleasant to be with so far. Apodis had noticed a large boulder hidden within the long grasses, it created a shield from the wind; if they sat the right side of it. The ground too seemed to create a dish like curve behind the rock. It was almost as if it had been carved for the two of them for this moment in time. He'd led her there without so much of a hint, his instincts just took him over. "Perhaps we should get comfortable, Then I shall tell you a story" he gave a slight cheeky smile, a hint of his old self slipping to the surface. Conveniently stopping just beside the boulder. Hairs suddenly dropped to his neck as the wind was now barricaded from dancing within the strands.
He waited for her, waited so she could find a comfortable spot, before he too did the same. Laying down in the long grass, seemed logical to him. They could be here for a while, if the lady wanted a story about him. There was many to tell, So where to begin, that was his challenge.
"Where to begin" he mused as he settled down for a long haul.

OOC: hunngggg all the feels o3o
"Talk Talk Talk"

image credits
table by whit
[Image: 525f791c057b6]64HP
[Image: 52878c6669a55]
Lines by bronzehalo

Messages In This Thread
An empty shell - by Apodis - 11-27-2013, 07:54 PM
RE: An empty shell - by Kahlua - 11-29-2013, 09:17 PM
RE: An empty shell - by Apodis - 12-03-2013, 05:30 PM
RE: An empty shell - by Apodis - 12-07-2013, 08:42 PM