the Rift

[OPEN] Water's sweet but blood is Thicker [Birth]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>

I hadn’t really thought of the tiny child beneath my wing much. He a product of our desperation just as Shadow was; I couldn’t have known or cared that yonder stallion was his Da. In this moment it didn’t matter. All my eyes could see was a trespasser who happened to be a Basin cur—an amber eyed snake from the North. His cries would fall on deaf ears tonight, and if he pressed the matter further than my patience. Well…said fool would receive due reward. The ebony brute should have known not to tread upon territory that wasn’t his own, judgment would be swift in this circumstance. Had Guacho been here, it was likely the youngling wouldn’t still be standing at all; much less vibrating his annoying tongue.

Nay. Mercy had fled my soul. Overtaken by the darkness which threatened to robe a friend from my side.

The colt struggled to break free from my protective stance. Unable to maintain both concentration on mother, the weeping stranger and him—I was forced to allow said babe freedom. He struggled to rise, I bend my attention ever so slightly his way. She had brought into this world a strong fighter—and it was in that moment I felt assured that they simply had to survive. Even if it meant she would later come to hate me for choices to follow. At least they would be living, breathing. As long as Cera drew breathe, as long as Ktulu wandered this land. I would keep on protecting them—keep on caring for them, even if it meant shielding them from their selves if need be.

I didn’t care if they all would come to despise me. At least. They would live.
She might hate me for wounding or killing her lover—and later I might hate myself. Not now though. Nay, not now.

He stood, gracelessly and as awkward as a newborn should. I keep both eyes on the distant unicorn. Waiting for him to either bend to my will or strike, the magical sand daggers remained poised—either pain would drive him away or reason would. But he was going to back off one way or another.

He jumbles out sentences that I mostly
don’t understand; some other language. My ears lay flat, and lips are drawn back to show teeth. Normally calm and patient orbs are a pained glint that hardens as he continues to speak. I wanted to shout at him, yell for silence; cry for peace. His eyes fall upon the child and daggers draw an inch closer. One misplaced word, and one step. His blood would pay the price.

Finally the shackles around Shadows limbs can melt away; purposely I tilt my eyes to heaven. Fina screeches overhead, her wings ablaze with sun’s fire. She hasn’t found Onni. A hiss is upon her lips as she soars down to place her stance between the babe and our unicorn stranger. Aqua gaze, swimming with my storms and fury—she screeches a warning into the night.

“My child,” I call, voice raspy and hard, “Go to the border, find help. Find Guacho, send him here. Find a healer!” She doesn’t turn, nor fly off immediately. For a moment she simply hovers by, her eyes piercing into the coal colored brute.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Water's sweet but blood is Thicker [Birth] - by Midas - 12-12-2013, 01:18 AM