the Rift

I Will Surface

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

The faults in my story are adding up, causing a miserable whirlpool of thoughts and actions combined in my short life. My past is lonely and frightening -though I may not act like it- and haunts my every choice. Windows of opportunity have opened up for me from that of my welcoming, delusional family that thrives in the deep, gnarled forest of the marshes; but I have had yet to take one. A few months worth of running around these hostile lands has made me realize one thing only: I am not as welcome as I had hoped.

My family before me was gruesome, vulgar, and rather mentally disturbed. Thankfully, I had given myself the choice to leave and -hopefully- never return. Lonely days of traveling allowed my empty mind to wander, to believe that I was truly accepted anywhere I have gone. Sure, Eris and I had a playful bickering now and then, and I like to believe that Seele finds something useful about me.. but what do they see me doing for us? For the herd? I am no longer muscularly inclined like I had been, and my sparring is surely rusty by now. I need to get back in the game, I need to prove my righteousness to the despicably insane mares.

Despise how much thinking I have been doing, how much I have been telling myself to get back into the swing of my old ways, I have once more procrastinated and decided to wander. From the deadly mountain sides that I attempted to scale, back to mourning the white, bloated, yet perfectly preserved bodies that stalk the underside of the marsh waters, now I have found myself to the east of home; the fiery pits of hell that is called the Heart of Helovia.

Fire seeps from the center of the earth, bubbling and hissing from beneath the core. Though I cannot see it, the heat radiating from the pit creates an evil image in my empty head: boiling, churning chunks of rock and earth alike attempting to withstand the passion of the magma that stirs beneath our feet. Tallsun has just ended, but in this region it seems to last forever: the grasses are tall and withered as dried out to what seems physical possibilities, each step taken is followed by the hard thud of cry clay and a small dust cloud that slowly roll away in the lifeless air.

Wandering, I begin to push through the belly-tall sea of grass, my bright tail lashing back and forth against the dead vegetation as each pricks me on my underside. The desolation seems to stretch on forever, the air full of a dry, unpleasant smog that continuously seeps from every which way. Purple pools squint hard, attempting to lubricate the inside of my eyelids before they are stuck open, the action is somewhat painful, but eventually wets the strange muscles once more. While not paying attention to my surroundings and rather to my eyeballs, my right shoulder drops unexpectedly, making a small squeal escape from my dry throat.

Below me is a slit in the earth, one that I would have never noticed if I hadn't nearly walked directly into it. The part in the dry grasses is narrow, but wide enough to fit a body through comfortably. Frozen in my tracks, I dip my lace-printed skull to the gape, nares flaring to draw in deep breaths. The air change is vulgar, sickening enough to make my ears snap back with an unpleasant snort. Muggy air seems to be pouring upward from the earth; this is very strange. Curiosity grabs the best of me, pulling me into the hole like a mime and their invisible lasso around an actress. Dark hooves tap the dark rock cautiously as I carefully make my way closer to the mouth of what seems to be an underground cavern.

"Speak." Walk walk
AgronA
i swear there's no more silver lining
cause i'm all out of breath

image credits
table by whit

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I had a dream I stood beneath an orange sky.</style>

Solace had finally given into the sheer need to wander. He had been satisfying his wanderlust with the journeys to the Threshold, but that wasn’t satisfying him anymore. Pulling away from the Foothills for a few days couldn’t hurt. It was okay for him to take some time away from his home wasn’t it? Well, either way, the journey had been a wise decision. A good portion of the scenery had been somewhat familiar to him, but the further south he got the more it became strange and foreign. As things became strange, a sense of excitement had begun to wash over him. It had been too long since had felt that sense of newness about the land around him. This was what always kept him wandering, the joy he felt when he saw a new plant, tree, and sometimes when he saw a new face. So far, his experience with new faces in Helovia had been consistently positive, with the exception of that fight he gotten into with that massive stallion within the early days of his new life.

The earthy draft was in his usual good mood. He hummed softly to himself as he continued on in his aimless wandering. Today held quite a bit of promise, he felt in his stomach something was going to happen. What exactly, he didn’t know, but Solace sensed it was going to be something good. Of course his gut could be wrong, but he liked to remain on the positive side of things. Maybe on his way back toward the Foothills he would stop by the Dragon’s Throat and meet Vanity and Africa. Then again, many of the members of said herd still weren’t exactly friendly toward his family. Honestly he couldn’t blame them for holding a grudge after what the Grey had done. It just made him feel motivated to show the desert herd the Foothills had changed for the better, hell, leadership wasn’t even the same.
Such thoughts were putting a damper upon his mood so he pushed them aside and began singing softly to himself. The words an old ballad his mother sang to him within his youth. A song about two lost lovers, a silly tune but it had always got stuck within his head. Off in the distance Solace noticed something peculiar and he made his way toward it. Before him was a crack within the earth. To explore it or to be wise and steer clear of it? He decided to indulge himself a bit and wander inside.

Solace hadn’t made it very far before he heard a sound behind him. Quickly he turned and headed in the direction of the sound. It led him to the mouth of the cave, and a short distance away he saw a figure. “Hello?” He called somewhat softly. Diving down into this cave was potentially a mistake. For all he knew there were various creatures roaming about just waiting to feed upon his flesh.

@[Agrona]

Image Credits

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

A thick clay and mud mixture coats the once rocky earth, creating a natural slide on the steep decline. The bridge of my tail arched and I pressed my balance to my back hindquarters, attempting to ease my way down the slope by carefully placing each hoof lightly. The clay began to cake into, on, and around my dark hooves, causing me to slip a few inches with every other miniature step. The darkness enveloped everything down here, and the silence began to close in on me.

Fluttering nostrils drew in the damp, mildew filled air reluctantly; the smoky air that drifted over the mouth of the cave now seemed to distant. Slowly I continued to move, my curiosity pressing me further on. How should I find my way out of this place if I do continue on and possibly become lost? My heart leapt in my chest, a cold lump forming in my throat. Both pupils are dilated and massive, trying to draw in any light from behind me that is somehow leaking into the ink-black darkness.

Glints of light off of stone and possible gems twisted and shoved into rock walls catch my attention left and right, my brain begins dragging monsters up from the darkest voids of my imagination. I may not be scared of your traditional monster, but more of what we cannot see, what we cannot control or defend ourselves against. Invisible claws drag themselves across the dank cave walls, pupil-less eye balls of imaginary creatures stare up and watch me move, their hungry stomachs bubbling and their wide, toothy mouths salivating uncontrollably.

"Hello?" The words vibrated off of the narrow walls, the density of the sound causing my heart to leap in my chest. A squeal erupts from my tight throat, bouncing off of the walls and drowning out the previous voice. With that, the compact mixture of clay and mud has found the perfect chance to get me: back feet slip from beneath me, from hooves peddling backward simultaneously as I seem to plummet into the never-ending pit of darkness. This is it, this is how I end, falling into fucking NOTHING my conscience screams in my head.

In all reality, I had slipped maybe two feet before a rocky patch saved my fall, also ripping the clay fixtures out of my shallow front frogs. I sucked in air quickly, my head spinning due to not only my quickly increased pulse, but also the amount of oxygen I was now bringing into my body as I huff and puff. Long skull cranes around, violet pools in search of the face that must have expelled the voice. "DOWN HERE!" I scream, my voice echoing off of the now very open walls, fading away slowly. The echo seems to mock me as it continues, Did I scream that loudly? A clearing of my dry throat before I attempt to speak calmly; "I'm down here."

Tagged: @[Solace]
"Speak." Walk walk
AgronA
i swear there's no more silver lining
cause i'm all out of breath

image credits
table by whit

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I had a dream I stood beneath an orange sky.</style>

Solace heard the voice all around him. Should he go to them? His question was answered when he heard a loud squeal echo off the walls. Whoever that was, was in potential trouble. He turned his body and began the climb back up. Then there was a scream, down here it called. Does this person not realize he was down there with them? Whatever they thought, he could help them climb up should they desire to leave this cave. “I’m on my way!” Solace shouted back at them, as he managed to get his gate up to a trot. In the darkness he could see the outline of a figure. It appeared as though he found the voice.

“I don’t know if you can see me, but I am near,” Solace called up as he finally came face to face with the mare. In the darkness he could make out two peculiar horns rising up from her head, a unicorn. Hopefully he hadn’t stumbled upon one of those monsters from the north. No matter where she was from he would help her though, and it would be unfair of him to make the assumption she was racist.

“Do you need help getting to the surface?” He asked with genuine kindness in his voice. “I am Solace by the way.” He knew the mare may not be as willing to throw out her name, but he saw no harm in it. All a name was, was a name and it didn’t make a difference to him if someone knew it or not.
He wasn’t entirely sure what to say or do around the mare now that he had gotten here. Though she had made it rather clear she sought help, he wasn’t sure now that he was there she would still want it.

[@[Agrona] Sorry for how shitty and short this is. They'll get better]

Image Credits