the Rift

[OPEN] if i've got to sin to see you again, then i'm gonna lie, lie, lie;

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
Later, she might thank the Reaper and his Engineer for their treatment of her. She might recognize that it had forced her to become someone she wouldn't have been otherwise. She might come to understand that her happiness sprung from the misery they had cause - and she was happy, or at least she was getting there. Her days away from the Basin had been lonely, but she had been able to relax. There were no eyes on her in the wilderness, no expectations of her. She did not have to be who they expected. She did not have to be anyone, if she did not choose to be. But here, now, with Illynx standing before her in a state of utter disarray, expressing what the Empress would once have considered a show of supreme weakness, she felt guilty for her choices. She felt that to be someone else was letting her friend down. She felt obligated to pick up the pieces.

But how was she to be someone she wasn't?

Well, it wasn't as though she didn't have plenty of practice.

"If I thought they meant to hurt me, they would never find me," she murmured absently, her gaze rolling over the delicate lines of Illynx's face. The GildedBlade's fears were well-founded - even before she had taken her leave of them, everything had begun to fall apart. Psyche had borne the weight on her own for so long - but now she was not there to take the brunt of the panic. Illynx would have been dumped headfirst into the midst of the turmoil that the Empress had so gladly left behind. Perhaps in shielding the golden girl, she had only served to harm her. The jackal frowned slightly, another apology bubbling from her throat. "I should have warned you." What she referred to was irrelevant, be it her actions or the disloyalty of those who would follow Illynx. It was all wrong. She had done poorly by her oldest friend, and she was beginning to see the toll it had taken on the pair of them.

She took a step forward, reaching to touch Illynx's muzzle with her own, should the mare allow it. Finally, a promise: "I won't leave you." It was all she needed to say.

@[Illynx]

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credit

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
RE: if i've got to sin to see you again, then i'm gonna lie, lie, lie; - by Psyche - 12-30-2013, 09:14 PM