the Rift

[OPEN] show me the new.

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
AFRICA
Diviner for Dragon's Throat

On cue, the child’s face lifted and turned towards the position of the murky grey mare and her raven-feathered companion. Africa’s ears leaned forward intently, straining through the swirl of cool mountain breeze to find any response uttered; so too did her nostrils expand to suck breath after long breath, testing the air for sign that the younger had been startled. Even in the dim light, the Oracle could see the jagged white mark dividing a dim, dark complexion, the glint of pale moonlight passing through each watching eye. Trustingly the small figure stepped closer, and again closing the distance slowly and for that diligence Africa was more than pleased. The grey had made the mistake on many occasions- foolishly following the gullible ignorance of her gentle heart into many grave situations; predicaments that ultimately led to the grizzly demise of her birth right.

A little closer and the Oracle could make out the mahogany hue of the girl’s coat; and also that she was without the curse of a horn, nor the gift of glorious feathers. She held no prejudice for her species and smiled warmly, an invitation at last should the smaller horse be interested in the company of another- friendly soul. Silas cooed mildly where he sat, gazing down at the juvenile with idle interest. There were two which he cared for only; his beloved and the complex Fina whose standoffish nature had him quite captivated. As the filly closed the gap, he fluffed his feathers indolently and nestled closer against the warmth of the dappled mare.

Africa’s ears split at the suddenness of the stranger’s exclamation, the left reclining hastily while its twin dithered of the err of caution. The almost bewildered expression which had flashed through her demeanour settled, and was soon replaced by a more kindly, thoughtful aura. “Nice to meet you Micha.” She breathed coolly, dipping her pale face as a show of humility to the younger. “No, Silas often flies from my view, but we are bonded so we never truly are apart.” Africa chortled softly and tilted her face, tender eyes embracing the filly curiously. “I’m Africa. Welcome to Helovia.” As the mare settled herself in conversation, the Zephyr swept from his bonded’s dipped back and caught the trail of a bitter updraught, gliding away through the night to scout perhaps, his starry back glittering until he was from their sight.

“Don’t mind him. He has no interest in our language- he cannot understand what we say you see.” Her pale eyes followed the parting silhouette of her star-speckled friend affectionately, and then the young mare returned her focus to the small bay attentively. Helovia had been a wild, brave new world when first Africa had laid her step upon it. So many concepts had muddled her mind and excited her imagination, that in the beginning she had been completely and utterly overwhelmed. If not for the gracious, guiding hand of Midas, the now Oracle in his herd, might very well have stumbled in her way- undoubtedly so actually, given the turn of events which had clouded her life thus far.

Messages In This Thread
show me the new. - by Micha - 12-03-2013, 04:20 PM
RE: show me the new. - by Africa - 12-03-2013, 06:42 PM
RE: show me the new. - by Micha - 12-05-2013, 07:59 PM
RE: show me the new. - by Africa - 12-12-2013, 11:59 PM
RE: show me the new. - by Micha - 12-19-2013, 05:50 PM
RE: show me the new. - by Africa - 12-19-2013, 08:12 PM
RE: show me the new. - by Micha - 12-21-2013, 09:30 AM
RE: show me the new. - by Africa - 01-01-2014, 01:00 AM