the Rift

[OPEN] show me the new.

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
AFRICA
Diviner for Dragon's Throat

Ever the perceptive creature, the one-winged Pegasus who had once known the bliss of flight watched as the child’s eye’s filled with wonder. She could see the longing as it spread with plaguing ferocity through the young, helpless expression and pale eyes softened thoughtfully. Quietly she thought of the Sun God, of the Basilisk and the countless other mysteries which encompassed this vastly cryptic land they lived like meagre ants upon. So much knowledge had been learnt through the year passed and she wondered idly what Micha already knew; whether she was a native to these slopes and if even she was aware that their destiny was beyond their control. Africa was more than aware that hopes and dreams could be easily brought to life, one just needed to know where to search.

The golden eyed filly fidgeted in place, her weak attention struggling to maintain any kind of focus- the Oracle presumed without concern, and soon enough the childlike voice pitched forward the next question; apparently one of a mass stewing behind the innocent glaze of her stare. Warmly and with a genuine, smiling nod, Africa replied, “You can have most anything your heart desires in Helovia.” She did not mention that the bond of companions was cast in stone between two parties even before their births. The shrewd Oracle had learned that if one’s life path was destined to blend with another, that affair; that bonding was a predestined occurrence and could rarely be altered. “He can do many ‘cool’ things.” She continued after Micha patiently, though one resent event in the bank of her memories far out shone the relevance of the rest. “Silas is learning how to still time with his wing beats. This aided me in the Threshold just in the last month when a crazed mare launched at me an unprovoked attack, Silas slowed the time around us which gave me opportunity to escape.” Really, Africa had stumbled forward in unison with another to rock the creature off balance and even though her counterattack had failed, the dappled mare wished not to stain this fresh mind with the curse of bitter conflict.

Micha’s quest for knowledge seemed to gush like river rapids, spilling with unbridled force from her tiny trembling maw. Africa remained unbothered by what could almost have been described as incessant childish badgering. She had no plans, no real desire to leave, and the young filly was rather endearing.

“Yes. Yes, you are right, Silas did just leave us.” The pragmatic mare soothed gently, noting discord; confusion maybe, and hoping to douse it right away. “What I meant was that my heart is bound to his and his to mine. We feel the same emotion, we suffer pain equally and the warmth of our love for one another is constant in minds.” Africa leaned forward to brush her lips tenderly by the soft fur of her company. “I cannot describe our bond any other way. One day you might feel this way, you might understand. But it’s something you cannot search for I’m afraid, just like Silas found me through fate, your companion will find you.” Africa smiled broadly, not so pleased that she had not been able to grant the instant gratification which naturally a child would yearn for.

Messages In This Thread
show me the new. - by Micha - 12-03-2013, 04:20 PM
RE: show me the new. - by Africa - 12-03-2013, 06:42 PM
RE: show me the new. - by Micha - 12-05-2013, 07:59 PM
RE: show me the new. - by Africa - 12-12-2013, 11:59 PM
RE: show me the new. - by Micha - 12-19-2013, 05:50 PM
RE: show me the new. - by Africa - 12-19-2013, 08:12 PM
RE: show me the new. - by Micha - 12-21-2013, 09:30 AM
RE: show me the new. - by Africa - 01-01-2014, 01:00 AM