the Rift

[PRIVATE] For Now I Am Winter

Jorogumo Posts: 70
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 2 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Selkie

Jorogumo

Throw along youngest stare arms reclaim stars unnamed.

His obliviousness to her approach made her feel all the more pleased with herself. Such a skill hadn’t been taught by anyone, but herself. Her stomach twisted in a knot when she found herself wanting to admit her mother was right. No, she wouldn’t give that mare any credit for anything. All her ‘lessons’ led up to her own abandonment. Jorogumo would never understand why her parents wasted so much effort on raising her if they didn’t even pull through. If you’re going to make a child, at least stick make sure they could fend for themselves. Finally the stallion looked at her, and now was the time he would show whether he was one that should someday kneel at her feet or be someone worth her time. For a long moment the filly studied the stallion’s face with great intent. No sign of disturbance appeared on his face. It seemed as though she had chosen wisely when she approached.

No answer came from the stallion’s lips, instead he simply returned an unwavering stare. The corners of her lips turned up slightly in a bit of amusement, but it faded before a full smile could break through the empty expression of her face. In silence the filly watched as he chewed his food and proceeded to not answer his questions. Part of her wondered if she ran into another moronic adult that looked upon her and simply saw a naïve child. Jorogumo knew what she was, and it wasn’t one of those babbling babes seeking merely mother’s milk. She knew her mind was brilliant, and that was of no thanks to any adult. All adults seemed to be good for was gleaning knowledge from.

When the scenery changed, a look of sheer shock crossed over her face. All about her was grass. Something about this wasn’t right. Jorogumo broke her star at the stallion and went to inspect the grass. She lowered her face toward the ground, and found snow. More questions swirled through her head, but instead of asking she decided to answer them for herself. “You’re looking for grass,” She said as the realization hit her. “I think you’re either lazy or can’t speak, but I’m going to go with can’t speak… Because making illusions is a lot more difficult than speaking.” She wanted to ask him how he did it, but she then remembered it he wouldn’t speak so there was no point in asking

The filly studied the stallion again in silence, and in that moment she had made her opinion of him. “I like you,” She declared, “I’m Jorogumo.” Maybe she liked him because of the fact he couldn’t speak, then he couldn't stand there and ask the typical questions that adults do. She didn’t feel like explaining herself to him, especially since he didn’t explain himself. “Do you live up here? I live in the Basin… I got bored though… Staying in a cave by yourself all day isn’t very fun, plus I get kind of lonely with no one to talk to.“ Suddenly she realized that she was rambling, and a bit of embarrassment crossed over her face. “You probably don’t care though… Most adults don’t care, so it won’t hurt my feelings if you just leave. I’m kind of learning I need to pretend nothing hurts.”

The filly looked up at the stallion in silence. Was he lonely to or did he have a family somewhere? Part of her hoped he would be willing to simply stand there and dig so she could continue talking to him, at least she could pretend there was someone interested in what she had to say.

@[Vadim]

Image Credits

Icon by Bronzehalo

Messages In This Thread
For Now I Am Winter - by Jorogumo - 12-05-2013, 03:28 AM
RE: For Now I Am Winter - by Vadim - 12-08-2013, 08:23 PM
RE: For Now I Am Winter - by Jorogumo - 12-09-2013, 08:18 PM
RE: For Now I Am Winter - by Vadim - 12-15-2013, 11:15 PM
RE: For Now I Am Winter - by Jorogumo - 12-18-2013, 04:30 PM
RE: For Now I Am Winter - by Vadim - 12-21-2013, 06:59 PM
RE: For Now I Am Winter - by Jorogumo - 12-24-2013, 04:46 PM
RE: For Now I Am Winter - by Vadim - 01-04-2014, 10:12 PM