the Rift

[OPEN] Where is your silver lining now? [Lakota/Open]

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
                     Her smile makes you wonder where she's been

Slowly the child stirs, and Lakota cracks open one violet eye to watch her when Ao gently prods her to tell her the dame is awakening. Fear is first in her face, and Lakota is confused and even a little snubbed. She'd just saved her life! Why would she possibly be afraid of her?! But as always Aodaun is the calmer of the two, and quietly reminds her that she had not acquired the wounds on her own, and surely she must have been attacked in some form. Lakota quiets then, watches as she struggles awake, and begins to try and fight to get away from the woman who had taken her life into her hands and breathed hope back into it. Her hopeless flapping was what calmed her the most, it broke her heart to see such fear in someone so young. Alina was lucky she was the age she was, for Lakota did not feel sympathy for others very often.

Grunting as she shifted her weight to the best of her ability, thankful for the fact Aodaun had grown so massive over the last few seasons, she winced and a cough wracked her body. Wincing at the raw feeling of it, she wondered how stupid it would be to use a numbing poison on herself. By Aodaun's reaction, very. "Calm yourself," she croaked, but her tone was as normal as ever- annoyed, frustrated, but very mild in both parts. A bitter chuckle shook her frame, and she winced. "Honestly, why would I attack someone I just threatened my life force to save?" Okay yeah, talking was hard, and she just wanted to fall into the blackness that was trying to welcome her, wanting her to rest and recover the magic and energy within her.

"Really, child, do I look like I even could hurt you like this?" It's frustrated, sharp, but directed at herself. What other choice had she had, though? Leaving the child to die? She was barely considered an adult, if Lakota gauged her age correctly. There was so much left of her life, so much more for her to discover, and Lakota would not have regretted her decision even if it had taken her life. The soul of this dove was probably far purer than her own, anyways. If their lives had to be traded, well...Alina's probably held more worth than her own.

"Now please, stop struggling, you're going to reopen the wounds I just risked my life to close. I would be very upset if you did," she warned in a weak attempt at a joke. Even her smile was crooked, as if it didn't remember how to form the shape of it anymore. "I didn't have much energy as it was to expend on you, they are not as strong as I could have made them at full strength. You must move gingerly. I cannot save you again, at this point." Again she sagged against Aodaun, knees pressed to the earth, head drooping as she tried to fight the urge to sleep. Lakota wasn't confident she'd awaken again if she gave in this soon.

"Mind telling me how you gained such wounds, anyways?" Oh yeah, and had she forgotten to tell you? She was awfully blunt.

Credits

Messages In This Thread
Where is your silver lining now? [Lakota/Open] - by Alina - 12-05-2013, 02:36 PM
RE: Where is your silver lining now? [Lakota/Open] - by Alina - 12-14-2013, 04:16 PM
RE: Where is your silver lining now? [Lakota/Open] - by Lakota - 12-20-2013, 02:14 AM
RE: Where is your silver lining now? [Lakota/Open] - by Alina - 12-29-2013, 07:07 AM