the Rift

Those Who Wander

abarnard3 Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The stallion's offer surprised her, but wasn't that what she wanted? Why she came here? So she could start over? Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Arias reminded herself. Let's keep the small talk going and feel him out. "This is unlike anything I've ever seen at home," Arias breathed, taking a small step closer. Arrane seemed friendly enough, but could he be trusted? "At first, the trees were annoying, but this place is starting to grow on me. Your home, the Windtossed Foothills you called it? It sounds beautiful. I've been wandering for such a long time, looking for a new place to call home." She let her voice trail off again. Why was she babbling like a fool again?

Arias changed the topic again and asked some hopefully, halfway intelligent questions. "Where am I exactly? And how far away is your home from here? I'm interested in starting over, but I don't want to impose. Even if you just allowed me to pass through, that would be helpful..." She didn't want to just pass through, didn't want to keep travelling. Arias was tired of constantly being on the run. She missed the safety of a herd family.

Flicking her tail in frustration, aggravated that she was so double-minded, Arias blurted out, "I'd be happy to join you." She was done running. Let the chips fall where they may. Arias waited breathlessly for the stallion's answer and prayed that she hadn't been too forward. The prospect of looking for another home, after finding such a promising one... she shook her head, her forelock flopping over an eye. She wouldn't think on such negative things. If things didn't work out, well, she knew she could take care of herself. It wasn't that hard.

Messages In This Thread
Those Who Wander - by abarnard3 - 12-05-2013, 05:03 PM
RE: Those Who Wander - by Arrane - 12-07-2013, 03:06 PM
RE: Those Who Wander - by abarnard3 - 12-08-2013, 11:15 PM
RE: Those Who Wander - by Arrane - 12-09-2013, 01:05 PM
RE: Those Who Wander - by abarnard3 - 12-09-2013, 09:34 PM
RE: Those Who Wander - by Arrane - 12-10-2013, 03:14 AM