the Rift

little lamb [open]

Ricciardo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

R I C C I A R D O
The Sandman.

The rashness from the wounded brute was of one that seemed to be scarred with the devastation of war, this was something that Ricciardo himself understood. He caught a glimpse of his tail whistling through the slight breeze as it wrapped around his alabaster rump. The wound that seeped with blood stood out like an eyesore, and a painful one at that. A small sense of pity overcame the soul inside the flame-kissed mass, it was apparent to his own mind but he made sure that he would not emit this feeling out to the stranger. Weakness was in emotion, but it was not for the sake of himself this time that he kept it to himself. The brute imagined how difficult it must be for what he guessed to be a warrior as the newcomer that stood be shown pity. It was almost like he'd be judged for it and Ricciardo knew that he himself would not wish to be shown any concern from strangers. It was improper, and made him feel weak.

Dipping his head in acknowledgment towards the brute, who now named himself, he listened keenly with his flame-kissed ears pricked forward atop his fairly handsome crown. The way that Ned spoke was hard on the ears of the beast; he himself had been brought up in such a different way and the different in tongues was apparent. But thankfully, he could understand with ease. It almost gave even more character to the bleached brute, as did the serated edged horn.
"Pleased to make your acquaintance, Ned."

After clearing his throat, Ned had continued to speak. Being an intelligent sir, the Sandman knew that perhaps honesty was best in this situation. In his pools, Ned was not going to be the newest member to the Edge, after being so insistent on the policy of racism. And in all fairness, the sorrel agreed. Whilst he was more comfortable with his own kind, the horned, he knew that supremacy above the other races was not the best path to lurch down.
Ned has also spoken of a race war in a different land, this helped Ricciardo to form the judgment that persisting on offering the Edge as his homeland would not be appreciated.

With a shake of his burly neck, he replied in a tone full of sincerity and almost apology that he could not offer what Ned sought. "I did not mean to cause offence, sir," he continued in the hope of remaining on neutral terms with the brute. Silently he prayed to the Gods that he could perhaps even make friends with the bleached brute, he seemed of good heart and after all, Ricciardo was evidently lonely in his state. With no one to talk to in his own herd, nevermind the rest of Helovia, a friend was something he did desire. Aside from the schemes and the calculations that he made in order to be of value to the Edge, the flame-kissed steed knew that having bonds with creatures was most important.
To be loved is greater than being alone in high stead, he scolded his own being. Was the Sandman changing his ideas on what he actually wanted? With a quick re-focus back onto the task that lay at hand, he continued his speech, "I respect your thoughts, and I most agree with you, Ned. War between races is something that I particularly do not want to be part of, but if you feel that way then perhaps the World's Edge wouldn't take your fancy." He sighed, and gave the alabaster a once over with his sandy pools and carried on, his voice tainted with perhaps even regret for his choice. "Between you and me, I know why the Edge only accepts unicorns, and I personally do not agree. But I came from a place where our kind were the only ones, and it suited me better to be in a herd of the same kind. But perhaps I made a mistake, there is no love there for me, I'm like an outsider..."

He turned away from Ned and gazed out to the horizon, wondering if he himself would ever settle fully here. It was not as he had expected, and bit by bit he was beginning to realise this. Feeling most dejected, he then turned his gaze back round to the stranger, giving him the other options that lay before him: "If you wish for a herd, Dragon's Throat and the Foothills are your best bet. Perhaps I shall almost certainly be scolded for it, I could perhaps walk with you to either if you desire to join one of those herds?"

What are you doing Ricc...? The voices inside his head questioned his judgement, but they were not going to let his determination dwindle.

Messages In This Thread
little lamb [open] - by Ned - 08-11-2012, 07:14 AM
RE: little lamb [open] - by Ricciardo - 08-11-2012, 06:08 PM
RE: little lamb [open] - by Ned - 08-17-2012, 06:42 AM
RE: little lamb [open] - by Ricciardo - 08-17-2012, 03:31 PM
RE: little lamb [open] - by Paladin - 08-18-2012, 02:07 AM
RE: little lamb [open] - by Alisier - 08-19-2012, 10:18 PM
RE: little lamb [open] - by Ned - 08-24-2012, 01:53 AM
RE: little lamb [open] - by Paladin - 08-25-2012, 11:08 PM
RE: little lamb [open] - by Ricciardo - 08-28-2012, 12:55 PM
RE: little lamb [open] - by Ned - 09-05-2012, 08:40 PM
RE: little lamb [open] - by Paladin - 09-11-2012, 11:28 PM