the Rift

[OPEN] walk five thousand miles

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

F a e l e n e
who do you think you are?

Was it a surprise night's blanket would hang over the Basin when she should finally reach its safety? No, it was with the darkness that held her in its shadows. Often coming and going beneath its cloak. Should her homecoming be any different? A secret. An action that would likely be unnoticed. Where many of her fellow Unicorns would not see the remains of their struggling Thief, reaching the gates of their realm craving air and warmth. The dark lady couldn't deny how she craved a familiar face to assure she wasn't dead. Perhaps even tell of her failures should it be the right one. Through all the steps it took to get her here, would she be welcome with open arms? Or scorned? Gone almost a whole season, what was she?

Sweat upon her neck, and flanks the climb had left her winded and the cold had stolen much of hear warmth she wanted to submerge herself in the heated pool. Long legs clipped at the rocky trails, steering her down into the familiar valley that was such a welcome sight it. Yes, it warmed her insides knowing she had made it. She knew she would not tread far into the heart she longed to be. Neither would she beckon someone to find her. She was hopeful by the time a guard noticed her, or fellow nightwalker, she wouldn't seem like the worn traveler she was. With quivering frame, she did her best to even the pattern of her heart, and feel the warmth the Basin offered. Home at last?

Tolio, but anyone else is welcome.

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Tolio Posts: 110
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3hh :: 6 Years 8 Months Buff: NOVICE
Brit
I'M THE BLOOD FROM THE KNIFE I CUT YOUR HEART OUT WITH
</style>

Time had stolen too much from the demon; the lives and memories of his growing daughters, the sharp recollection of his fallen angel's face, the remembrance of the warmth of his bloodless sister. The three most precious things in his life had been sucked away by the merciless turning of time. Could he still remember the smell of her? The way her carmine locks looked on early mornings when he would greet her with a smile and a loving touch? It had been so, so long. Had she found love? Perhaps...started a family? The mere notion of little red-maned sleuths running around made his heart ache. Tolio wasn't sure if it was in desire, or nostalgia. Why did the thought of her being with someone make him want to gnash his teeth and rip apart the ground? He did have rather strong brotherly tendencies when he'd left...had the reawakened violence within him strengthened it too much? Would she willingly bare his protective urges, now that they were likely to be near-smothering? Not that he'd know any time soon. His beloved Thief was missing, or at least no hide nor hair had been seen of her through his eyes since his return. It made the worry only increase tenfold, and he had taken to pacing the entirety of the herdlands before retiring, for it often took all of the daylight hours to scour the snow for a sign of her.

Nobody seemed to know where she'd gone, and it infuriated him. Did nobody care where his beloved sister was? He swore that if he found out anything about her disappearance being unwanted or forced, he would shake the earth with his rage and destroy the scumbag that dared to touch a hair on her precious head.

As if sensing his mounting worry the Gods smiled down on him that night, and with an increased state of agitation, he followed the gut instinct inside of him. Tolio had no idea it pertained to Faelene, but the tugging could not be ignored. Prowling like a bloody panther he stalked into the twilight, aurals twitching and plume slashing violently through the air. Sharply his hooves strike the stone beneath, clattering loudly through the air, not desiring to slip unseen or unheard. In his anger, frustration, and worry, he didn't give a damn if he woke someone up. Let them face him, he would take joy in breaking the horns from their brows and skewering them with each one. Nobody took his sister away from him, nobody placed her in danger, and nobody ever, ever dared to tell him they 'didn't know' where she was.

Lo and behold, though, his luck seemed to have finally smiled down upon him. Last he'd seen of a friendly face it had been by the pools, when he'd encountered Illynx. Was it recollection that drew him there? Or was it that Faelene was still, always and forever, the North on his compass? Whatever it was, fate or grand design, when he spied a dark form slowly slipping towards the warm pool, his heart leaped in his chest. Please be her, he begged, something that would never pass his lips aloud anymore, but something he would indulge in so long as it brought her safely back to his side. I never should have left, he growled to himself, furious once more that he had been so weak.

Drawing himself closer, he dared to breathe her name, hope clogging his throat with emotion and distress. Faelene? Moonlight shone down, just a sliver, and her flaming mane became clear. Choking he ran for her, extending his legs with every bound in hopes to speed himself further. He just needed to be near her once more, take in her smell, her form. He had missed her beyond measure, beyond word. Faelene! My sister you have returned! Joyously he skidded to a stop at her side, extending his muzzle eagerly for her touch. Abruptly he stopped, muscled body going rigid like a statue, and cold mercury eyes narrowed on healed injuries. Fresh, healed injuries. New skin had grown over, but it was obvious in comparison to the weathered expanse of her skin, and the clear signs of it being recent set his blood aflame.

Who harmed you? he growled, crown tipping in automatic offense, horn gleaming like a deathly blade of ivory ready to be stained with the blood of the bastard who had dared to mar her skin. Who touched you, Faelene? I swear, I will rend them limb from limb, I will drain each drop of blood from their body for doing this to you, he cursed, venom dripping from every syllable. How dare they hurt her?! His joy over seeing her again was abruptly squashed for favor of bloodlust, and he hoped he had not startled her with his outburst.

@[Faelene]

Image Credits

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

F a e l e n e
who do you think you are?

First, she was only accompanied by heavy notes of her breathing. Now and forever more she would hate craving air, demanding it. It reminded her too much of Death's harsh grasp. Little did the stars move, and the dark lady's stance grew more steady more secure. Hell or high water she had made it and she would make sure they new she lived. She would find out what had befallen Lady Psyche. It was with careful effort she tested her weight one limb to the next for the familiar path to the pool.

Thoughts of what she would do when she reached it were interrupted. Someone was coming. Hooves upon rock, whip cords thrashing against the still air. She had to wonder did she want to encounter this guard? Would she know them? Would the alarm be sounded?

Relax. When Onni had found her there had been no fickle thoughts, and warping fear. Why now? Silently, the red maned cursed the feeling to leave. Damned if she would let fear rule her. Gingerly, the Thief halted, raised her crown in dignity, letting silver eyes turn to the one coming. They would be greeted, she had to get it over with, had to move on with life. She never expected what was to happen.

Reserved features dropped, that voice calling her name. If she had arrived in any worse shape she would have assumed her brain had been severely injured. That she wasn't awake. Could it be? Frozen, held captive by memories, and weakened heart he bounded to her. It was then she would not think he was any different. He was still her brother Tolio. The one painted in red, with eyes likened to her steel pair. The Unicorn she had easily loved as if blood really bonded them. A laugh of disbelief, felicity, and surprise escaped her. "Tolio," the lady murmured, purposefully looking to his brilliant white horn, to the ground where his hooves settled. He looked considerably well, and she was eager to hear where he had been, how he was, and when he had returned. About to offer her own nose to his, he too had been peering closely over her frame and easily found the healing scars.

His fierce grace did not seem anything different to her, because she never doubted he would use the weapon upon his head. She had long believed if they had to go to battle he would be beside her, they would each watch each other's backs. He wouldn't hesitate to fight, rip, and maim. The same time she felt like she could utter any name and he would seek the son of a bitch out and paint the snow with their entrails while yelling at the top of his lungs in warning. When he said it himself this touched part of her that she had tried to keep dormant. The idea of caring, and being cared for. If only there was a name to give him. It seemed easier if there had been than to admit truth. Had she not already known what she would say to questions? Straining chest muscles, trying not to spook him from the intense anger, the lady stretched on hooves, and brushed a dark muzzle against the edge of his cheek.

"This was caused by my broken magic, while I was trying to help others from Death. Though, there is a new scar on my limb I carry from the Resolute I do not have any quarrel with her...for now." There was a faint grin to her lips, before she breathed in his scent if that would make him more real than his very voice, and solid form. "You,all in one piece, dashing as ever, and home. Tell me how long?" How long had she could have had a piece of her sanity back. With a more definite smile, the red maned looked upon him. "I have really missed you brother."

@[Tolio]

[Image: faeleneicon.png]