the Rift

The Gem Inside

Amethyst Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Will you ever see the gem in me?

The hot sol shown down on the little filly. It beat down on her lilac back. She walked towards a forest of shadows. Her life so far had been not so great. She had run away from her family. And her bully of a brother. She loved them all, but she just could't stay there with her brother. He had hated her. She never knew why though. That's why she left.

Now she was wandering through unknown lands. Meeting none. She felt alone in the world. She hoped not. But now she was looking for a place to rest, and possibly a herd to settle in. But now, she needed to get away from the sun.

Spreading small violet wings, she flaps, moving the air around her heated body. Stirring the air, mixing the cooler with the warm. She hen let her wings fall back to her sides. It felt good, but not as good as the shade. She was now in front of the forest. Her heart pounding. She stepped in. The shade made her legs droop. Her head want to flop sideways. But she stayed straight, as much as she wanted to fall onto the cooler ground, she stayed. Glancing around, she looked for a nice place to rest. All she had found was a nice place in the shade of a birch tree. It was wonderful here. She loved it. Maybe she could stay here. Live here. Could she? Probably not. But she hoped so, it was wonderful in this forest. She laid under the tree, it's cool wood sooting to her parched back.

Her eyes closed in a soft sleep of silence.

"talking."
Amethyst~

Solace Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 16h :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I had a dream I stood beneath an orange sky.</style>

Solace found his mind crammed full of thoughts. Words of the earth god were trapped inside his mind, ”You will find he has a similar ability. There was a whole new responsibility weighing on his shoulders, and he was both excited and terrified. An endless array of possibilities of failure was just waiting to happen, but he could also prove to be of more use with this new skill. Being the presence of Father Earth as well had overwhelmed him, he had acknowledged the existence of the gods, but never expected to see one face to face. Most of all, he had never expected to face such a god that would speak with such kindness. Gods had always been images of almighty wrath and power. Father Earth had been far from that.

Solace sang softly to himself as he navigated the familiar sight of the forest. His baritone voice the only thing breaking the silence that had formed over the Threshold. Scents of newcomers were stale, he had yet to encounter anyone since arriving. Part of him considered turning tail and walking back to the Foothills to tell of the recent happenings, but he thought it could wait perhaps a few more hours, especially if he brought home with him a new recruit. Life was returning to the Foothills, and Solace felt like he was playing a part in it by recruiting, but Locket’s words still hung in the back of his mind. Yes, he should be doing the duties of a warrior, but that appeared to be changing with his new found gifts.

A foreign scent pulled the green draft from his thoughts. His ears perked forward and he made his way toward the scent. What he saw surprised him. Standing before him was a mere child. Solace looked about, and scented once more to see if there was a mother nearby. After waiting a long while, he slowly approached the peculiarly colored filly.

“Child?” Solace spoke gently, hoping he wasn’t surprising her too severely. He kept a good distance from the filly, in case she did wake with a start. After he spoke, a thought hit him. Who would take care of this filly if he brought her back to the Foothills? There were tons of duties Solace had to attend to, and especially learn how to do. Watching a child didn’t seem like something that he could do along with everything else. Then again, if no one else would care for her Solace would. Besides, she seemed old enough to be off her mother’s milk, but there was so much to teach a child, if it had been a colt Solace would’ve felt far more confident in his abilities to get the child to a decent age, but this was filly. Full grown mares were confusing to him, so he knew he would be left completely dumbfounded by this girl should he tae her under his metaphorical wing.

Solace pulled himself together, he was jumping far too ahead of himself. He would first see if she as even interested in coming back to the Foothills with him, then he would focus on finding a caretaker for her.

Image Credits

Unregistered

The little lilac girl lay in soft sleep. No dreams had come yet, and she was shocked. Usually her dreams of what was to come when she awoke, would come and whisper in her ear.
Then, she heard the voice. Was it the start of a dream? No. It was a sound from reality. It was the word of "Child". But it was used in a questioning context. She noticed the deeper sense in the voice, a stallion.

The little filly didn't want to wake up yet. Well, not really. She was now fake sleeping. She knew what was going on around her, she was just too weak to move, and didn't feel like speaking to another.

The hoof steps came slightly closer. They seemed strong and heavy. A nice strong stallion Amethyst imagined. Would he care for her if she woke now? Or will he pass her by, not caring at all if she stayed asleep? No. She would wake up now. She wanted to know of this stallion, and if he had a home.

She blinked open violet eyes. They traveld up the muscled white and green stocked legs of the stallion. A grey body covered him. His strong face was white, mane and tail pine tree green, forelock too. Where those Blue eyes? Probably.
But something that stood out... a about half a twig long scar on his right haunch. It looked like it was once deep, but Amethyst didn't want to think about that. He must have been in some battles, more smaller scars scattered his body, but of all of them, the on on his haunch seemed the worst. "Hello sir." The filly spoke in a soft voice. Did he even hear her? If he didn't she would repeat herself like she usually had to do.

But when she looked at her face he seemed slightly troubled. Why? Did the stallion want to take her in to his herd? Or was he scared she would be hard to take care of? Would he even take care of her, or will he leave here here? She hoped not. But he seemed nice, like a father. She wished he was her father. She wished she never had to live the life with her wretched brother.

Amethyst took in a big snif, making sure it was silent. His scent was of forest and grassy hair-like hills. Forest. She loved it. She loved watching the sunset, it goes behind the pines and birches, casting a soft light of pink upon the lands. She loved it, if he took her in to his herd, which she assumed he lived, she would love it. She didn't speak again. She was waiting for the man to reply to her previous words.

"talking."
Amethyst~

Adoptable

Solace watched in anticipated silence for the child’s reaction to the words. The purple filly opened her eyes and looked at him, and he noticed the way she studied them. He also noticed the way she looked upon his scars, especially the one upon his haunch. Memories flooded back of that unfortunate event. Reckless wandering had been the catalyst of that wound. Many of the other stemmed from pissed off stallions, and a couple came from a predator or two. None had been nearly as bad as that prominent mark upon his flesh. It was a permanent reminder to tread wisely.

Shock was the first thing he felt when the filly simply said hello. Where was the fear? Wasn’t this child taught to be wary of strangers? There was the first lesson he would teach the child should he not be successful in finding her mother. Hopefully the mare wasn’t far off so he could simply find her and then ensure mother and child’s safety. “I’m Solace,” He said, finding he should at least give her something to call him. “Child, where is your mother?” He asked finally after his long silence. Perhaps there was no reason to waste any time.

Solace went back and forth whether or not to invite the filly to his home should she be alone. That seemed a bit too rushed, but if she was alone, the sooner he got to the herdlands the better. It would give him more time to find her a suitable parent. “If you’re alone, I come from a place called the Foothills and we could provide you sanctuary, and maybe one of our mares will care for you.”

Internally he felt a bit uncomfortable asking a child to follow him back to a strange place. Especially since he was a strange stallion, for all this filly knew he was merely trying to find a young addition to a harem. Such a thought of course disgusted the stallion, but he knew there were monsters that prowled this beautiful land. There were many that wouldn’t mind bleeding out this mere filly for the sheer pleasure of it. Then again, how was it not odd for him to ask adults to merely walk with him to a strange place. Adults could fight him though, if he were a monster it would only take two blows for him to kill the filly. Luckily the Basin wasn’t prowling around, if some of their nastier members were about they’d have a field day bashing in her skull.

All these thoughts swirling about in his head are far more darker than he ever would permit. This was all because he had encountered a foal in the Threshold. What would happen if for some reason he were to have a child of his own? The thought was preposterous. Love and children were a far off thing if they were ever to be a reality for the earthy draft. Well, the potential of children could be happening within this very moment. Though if he could, he would ensure that there were no ties between the child and himself other than maybe the occasional meeting. Responsibility for another life was beyond his own comprehension and he knew for a fact he would probably fail miserably.

Image Credits

Unregistered

The man spoke words of introduction that Amethyst couldn't reject. "Hello Solace, what a wonderful mane you have." The filly spoke in words of truth. She didn't want the man to think she was rude, so she decided to respond the the other question that leaked into his words. "My mother, I don't have one. I left my home in search of a new one. My family well, my brother had driven me away. He hated me. And I couldn't bare to make his feel any worse." She stopped hoping she didn't say too much. The stallion looked slightly worried. Then, he seemed relieved...? These were different emotions all together. Amethyst didn't know what was happening in that mind of the stallion.

Amethyst knew she couldn't push away the subject of her family, so she tried a different way. "What is your home like?" She wondered what it was like in a herd. With herd mates around you. Playing with other fillies! "Can we go now?" The smaller of the two asked cheerfully. "Please?" The girl asked again, a pleading manner hung in her voice. She hopped he would say she could stay, and bring her to the new land she might call home.

He then spoke of his land, The Foothills. And how a mare could take care of her? No! The girl wanted to know this sir. Not a mare... a mother! She wanted something different in her life... not another mother. That is the last thing she wanted. But it wouldn't hurt to try... She just wanted some new friends, and maybe a home.

And uncomfortable look spread through his face. Amethyst didn't know why. All was going to well for them! She didn't like his emotions though. She thought he was happy that he would be recruiting a new member for his clan.

"talking."
Amethyst~

Adoptable
(11-29-2013, 12:50 AM)Solace Wrote:

Solace smiled at the filly as she complimented his mane. “Thank you child,” He said with a dip of his head .Was he supposed to compliment her back? Oh, fillies were such a big mystery to him and so often left him feeling confused. Even when he was a colt, the fillies left his mind reeling and confusing thoughts. Then she went on to say she had no mother, this made a weight drop in his stomach. Responsibility for the child did fall on his shoulders, so be it. “I am so sorry for what your brother did to you… I can show you to a place that won’t drive you away like you brother did.”

The filly asked about his home, and Solace found himself drifting back to images of his home. “It’s gorgeous, and it is at the base of a mountain. The herd is led by Apollo the merciful and Phaedra the opulent.” Then the child was so bold as to ask to go home with him. A soft laugh escaped from his lips, it was joyful not mocking. “Yes we can go there now.” He said with a nod of his head. “I believe you will be welcomed with open arms, and I can assist in you finding someone to care for you… Until then, you can stay under my care.”

This was such a big commitment he was putting himself into. Childcare would prevent him from wandering and tending to the duties required of him. Maybe he could work his way around it. Yes, Solace could manage it. He could find a way to tend to his family and the filly. “This way little one,” he turned and walked off in the direction of home.

@[Amethyst]

[SOO sorry for the wait.]

Image Credits

Unregistered

The grey stallion replied thank you, to her comment. It seemed all her questions at once too! But Amethyst didn't mind. He offered to show her a place where he brother would never drive her away. Her mind nodded quickly, but he head said think about it. He described the apparent gorgeous place. It was at the base of a mountain, Ame could see the giant mass in front of her. But maybe just not that big.

He spoke of the leaders. Who seemed fair. Apollo. A wonderful name, worthwhile. But the filly didn't want it, no. It was her grandfather's name. But she had never really remembered him, so she wouldn't really speak of him. Not to get into all these questions she didn't know how to answer. She smiled awkwardly before the man spoke once again of them being able to leave right then. Ame was sure it was not going to work once she had spoken, but what the mossy colored mane sir had just spoke was proving her thoughts wrong. He then spoke of her being welcomed there in open arms. And that she would be under his care. She wanted to be cared by someone like him. Strong, handsome, trustworthy. Ame could trust him truly. But he still spoke of a mare or other taking care of her. She didn't want that. But she knew it would happen someday. Sadly.

:this way my little one: he said as he led her in the direction of his home, well, that was what Amethyst thought. She didn't speak as she caught up to him. A slight silence had passed, if the man had wanted, she she was feeling slightly cold as a small run of breeze flew by the two as they walked.

"talking."
Amethyst~