the Rift

[OPEN] Welcome home {Micha}

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
Not long ago Arrane had been in the Threshold, recruiting a bay filly. Walking out of the scene with her and Tolriek, he had told her she was free to follow him to his home, the Foothills. Looking behind him, he heard the hoof beats of the bay filly, and hoped to answer any of her questions of Helovia. She seemed a little bit dazed at first with his invitation to the Foothills. He didn't want her to question finding a family and living here. Arrane sincerely wanted her to want to live here in these beautiful lands he called home.

To him, if she wasn't really willing, it made him feel uncomfortable, as if he were forcing Micha to move to this place. Sighing slightly with the internal war going on within him, he flicked his tail with the slight breeze that past by, ruffling his mane. The trees were thinning out as hills emerged into the white stallion's sight. The slopes gently curved at the top, and a smile appeared on his maw. This was his new home, but he never stopped missing his siblings and every so often his parents.

Leila and Willeow were his two most beloved sisters. He wanted to be the big brotherly figure to them, protecting them and never letting them getting in harms way. He wanted to make sure they were safe, and he felt the same way about Micha. The little filly was now like a little sister, especially when she was joining the Foothills, where all the horses were brethren. "Welcome to your new home, Micha", with a kind smile, he turned his head back on the little filly.

Micha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Honestly, the whole threshold thing was really awkward. I mean, Tolriek obviously did not want anything to do with her. Which, was quite normal but still, she was trying her best. She felt embarrassed too, she didn't know creatures like him existed, and he obviously seemed to be a bit annoyed with her. Nervous, and now slightly scared she followed behind her white savior, literally. If he hadn't came in, she'd probably still be all by herself. She had to make it up to him eventually. So she religiously followed his steps, not wanting to fall far behind.

As the approached the Foothills, she decided to be a little more bold. In Sinac, everyone and everything had a specific order or job to do. What would hers be here? Before that, she was the poster child for sin and darkness. She waited a little while before speaking, to see if Arrane would speak first. Luckily, he did. He turned and welcomed her. Micha offered a smile and responded. "Thanks Arrane!" and stopped for a moment, thinking of a way to bring this up. "So what exactly do I do here? And who's "the boss". I'm sorry, I just don't know exactly what my purpose is here." She offered another awkward, sideways smile and lowered her head bashfully. She felt like a complete and utter idiot.

"blah blah blah."

image credits to: nollow.

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

How Fickle My Heart and How Woozy My Eyes
I Struggle to Find Any Truth in Your Lies

"Arrane!"

The call was bellowed from jovial lips, a deep resounding beckon of familiarity. The monochromatic overo had been lost in thought as he saw to patrols that day, his warm, honey-brown eyes looking over the hills of his home with love and adoration. A gift this place was, and as of late the stallion felt as though he had been neglecting it. It was these very thoughts that spurred Apollo into action, his pace set at a brisk trot as he saw to the borders of the Foothills. Love and cherish it while you have it, Apollo, his mind whispered, a tugging sadness and fear pulling at his heartstrings, It may not be yours for much longer.

It was in the midst of this patrol that he spotted a familiar sight; Arrane, the noble warrior stallion that Apollo himself had welcomed into their fold. Calling out to him, followed with a joyous knicker, the Merciful Chief approached, not missing the youngling that practically followed in Arrane's larger steps.

Coming to a stop a few feet from the duo, Apollo eyed them both with gentle warmth. He smiled at Arrane. "Glad to see you again, brother mine. I hope everything has been well for you?" Here, he paused and regarded the bay youth who smelt of the familiar, estranged scents of the Threshold and beyond. She was new to Helovia, then? Idly he wondered just what had brought her here, but the possibilities of such an event could be numorous and plenty. Still, before he spoke, the Chief regarded the bay with nothing but kindness and acceptance shining in his eyes. "And welcome to you, youngling. I am Apollo. I look out for my brothers and sisters here by serving as their Chief."

As he spoke, Apollo made no move to grow closer to the pair. The last thing that he wished to do was upset the newcomer with unwanted close proximity.

And Now My Heart Stumbles on Things I Don't Know
My Weakness I Feel I Must Finally Show

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Hidden Account
Orinthia
The soft footfalls of the girl fell behind him, confirming his thoughts that she had followed him here. It was nice to lead his first recruit back into the heart of the Foothills, to have Apollo see the filly behind him as a potential sister. "It is always my pleasure", courteously speaking to her, the stallion commenced walking again, but at a slower pace to not leave Micha behind in the dust.

"Well, there are many ranks that you could try for...like warrior or general. But if you want, you can be a normal mare or stallion. Just someone who lives in the herd and lives a joyous life with their brethren", trying to put it in simple words, Arrane didn't want to make having any rank seem bland. It was the opposite. As long as horses served their loyalty for the Foothills, they were just as important as those with ranks.

"With the permission of our leader, Apollo, you may be whatever rank you wish", nudging her slightly when she turned her head away, a friendly laugh sounded in the air. "There's no need to be embarrassed!" Telling by the way an awkward smile twisted itself upon Micha's maw, intuitively, he knew she felt stupid for asking questions that were only normal.

A melodious voice called out Arrane's name, making the white stallion's ears prick up but he recognized the voice instantaneously. Apollo, the black and white overo regarded the both of them with warm eyes as he trotted to greet them. The Foothills leader had always gained the respect and joy when he appeared to Arrane, and now the stallion replied with a happy nicker, beckoning Micha forwards to meet Apollo.

"Glad to see you as well, brother. I believe this life suits me all too well", with a cheerful laugh, keeping quiet as the leader spoke to Micha. He awaited quietly with anticipation at what she would do or say back to the two of them.

Unregistered

As they walked, Arrane began to answer her questions. Honestly, they weren't the ones she wanted to hear. Well, not exactly all the way hated, but in-between. However, one thing she knew she did not want to do was sit around. She was useless the entire beginning of her life. No longer did she want to be the "fluff". Being the fluff was boring, and did not give you anything to achieve. As he finished, he offered a friendly nudge and laugh. She relaxed a little, her shoulders noticeably falling into a less tense position. Just as she began to speak, another approached, one of them uni-corns. He addressed Arrane as if they were good friends, which she assumed was a good thing. She was so scared of becoming the "not be" equine. She was tired of being that example. He introduced himself as Apollo, a Chief. What did a chief do? It sounded important. Too important. She shied a little back behind Arrane, angling herself so he couldn't get to her if he was going to capture her and take her to Sinac. She had to ask him some questions first.

Her voice was a little timid, but it managed not to crack or do anything other than waver. "Apollo." The name came off with a slight waver. "I'm Micha." Her own name came off more confidently, and she side stepped from her hiding place a little. "I need something to do, I can't be useless anymore." Her voice was wavering, but very sure. She was standing her ground. She must do something. To not do anything would force her to go, she needed a purpose, and she hoped, for the sake or Arrane and herself that she could reside here. Strong golden eyes looked to Apollo, awaiting this so called chief's answer. By now, she was standing side by side with Arrane, confident in her demand.

"blah blah blah."

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

How Fickle My Heart and How Woozy My Eyes
I Struggle to Find Any Truth in Your Lies

Arrane's answer to his inquiry was wonderful to hear. "I am glad that you find it to your liking, Arrane," Apollo answered honestly, his warm, honey-brown orbs lingering on the grey warrior. "If there's anything that I can ever do for you, please let me know." The monochromatic overo was glad that his trust in Arrane had been well-spent, and that he was settling within their herd. Such loyalty would make them stronger, surely... Or, Apollo could only hope.

Looking back to the bay youngling, Apollo did not miss how she shied away from him as though intimidated. The thought was somewhat sad, but understandable; he was a stranger. The stallion didn't blame the youth for not trusting him... Yet, she seemed quite full of mettle, as nearly as quickly as she had hid, the filly pulled herself out of hiding. She held herself with poise, as though trying to appear brave, and Apollo found that he quite liked the look that shone in her eyes. A dedicated soul, she seemed to be, genuine and heartfelt.

Her words took him back to his own arrival in Helovia. A useless and pathetic thing he had been, lost and searching for a home, to belong... A purpose is what he searched for, and through toil and labor, he had found it. Now... Hopefully he could do the same for this young Micha standing before him.

Lowering his head and tilting it, Apollo grinned, the crystalline crown that adorned his head pointing askew. "Each of us are born with a purpose, miss Micha," Apollo murmured softly, the honeyed jewels of his eyes full of understanding, "Some may find theirs early in life, but for some of us... It may take a bit longer. Instead of it being we who find it, it will find us. Here, in the Foothills, is perhaps where that purpose will come to you... And I'll help in any way that I can."

And Now My Heart Stumbles on Things I Don't Know
My Weakness I Feel I Must Finally Show

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Hidden Account
Orinthia
A warm smile accompanied the stallion's reaction to his leaders words. Arrane had never been so loyally, and utterly devoted to someone (besides his old herd and family), but felt that ways towards Apollo. He had rescued him from the lonesome life of an outcast, bringing some joy, ridding most of the pain by allowing him to live here and meet many other kindred spirits. The best thing about it was that his home was beautiful, and he also had the freedom to explore to his heart's intent. This was his new home and family now, though the thoughts of his beloved sister lingered freshly each day. Arrane was content and was fulfilling a life of happiness, which also included spars, and recruiting others to join their growing herd.

Micha's voice was timid, wavering slightly as she recited Apollo's name, a humoresque smile appeared on his maw, and as she slid behind him as a shield. Gently flicking his tail against her flank, it was in his best intent to soothe her and install confidence. There was no need to fear someone as noble as Apollo. Staying quiet but with intense observation, Arrane noted as the filly's voice gained more esteem and seemed stronger by each sentence. She just wanted to belong. Like him. Like many others subjected to a life without a herd. As she took her place besides him, the stallion craned his elegant neck, nudging Michad cheekbone. "Don't be afraid", he cooed with the tone he used with his sisters a long time back.

He now saw it all. If Micha was determined to be someone in the herd, the stallion with brotherly instincts, would do everything to help her achieve her goal. She was like Leila, except with lighter fur and golden eyes. But the same aura surrounded the two fillies, and he would live up to helping every newcomer feel truly apart of the Foothills. No soul would ever be excluded.

Unregistered

She was not exactly pleased with his response. It was so... cryptic. She sighed and rolled her eyes, standing apart from both Arrane and Apollo now. An agitated grunt was emitted when neither of them responded with anything concrete.

She needed concrete.

Her eyes wandered back from Apollo and Arrane and with a sigh flipped her fluffy tail, deciding on how to go about this whole thing. She wasn't leaving until she had a job. "Mr. Apollo, I don't mean to be rude, but I think I know how politics work." She gave him a pointed look, sassy Micha had been released, and she wasn't going to relent until she had a stable answer. "This is like Sinac, someone was always needed somewhere, and Mr. Apollo or Arrane, I know one of you two know of something that needs to be done." She raised her head with an air of sass. "I'm not leaving till I have a purpose..." She turned her head to shoot down anymore of these all mighty philanthropist ways of looking at life. "And don't tell me i'm capable, I have no exactly been exposed to all that much." She said, squinting her eyes and twisting herself in a circle so they could see all the angles. "See, I'm a blank slate. I'm capable for anything. See.. I can be a crafty type.." she dug a little dirt from the ground and piled it into a nice little pyramid, getting little sticks to hold the crude structure together. "Or a sneak...." she got low to the ground, almost in doggy-bow form and started sneaking along, creeping around the pyramid. "Or a warrior!" She let out a high pitched whinny, reared and came down, crushing the twig and dirt structure. "Or I can do this..." she muttered and munched on grass, disgusted at only being just a herd member. "I don't wanna do that though." She stopped and stood tall, looking at Arrane and Apollo, expecting them to give her an answer.

"blah blah blah."