the Rift

[OPEN] you're the antidote to everything except for me

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow
The silver mare had lived many days, but few had been as enlightening as this one. Discovering the innermost sanctum of a racist mind had given her a lot to think about, and had certainly shed some light on how different Helovia was to her previous homes. In Isilme, racism had been a way of life - here, it was more of a choice, but no less terrifying for it. For her to cling to her old ways was both archaic and dangerous, but that knowledge didn't make shedding them any easier. Perhaps life would be better if she made herself believe that the blackened sword atop her head made her somehow superior - yet the thought stuck in her throat like poison. She just did not possess the correct racist thought processes, even if she could almost understand Mauja's logic more now.

His question caused a small chortle to escape her lips, one sardonic brow lifting in subtle amusement. "And you're only noticing that now?" She had been on the precipice of a nervous breakdown since she first saw Aramis standing in her path like some macabre demon come to lead her to her doom; it had faded slighly now, but her heart still fluttered like a caged butterfly. His tones were those of inky darkness wrapped around a playful soul; ordinarily she would have responded with a witty rebuke of her own, but she was all out of those for the day. He seemed to swell up like a blossoming rose, looming over her in a way she would have considered terrifying an hour ago, but now she took as more...testing. "Maybe I'll take matters into my own hands, then," she said with a playful wink of her own. Better to leave on her own terms than be driven away by the teeth and hooves of a stallion she had pushed that little bit too far.

She began to turn, tail tangling around her hocks as she cast a nod over her shoulder at the spotted man. "Goodbye, Mauja," she said; she doubted this would be the last time they met, and knew that next time she was far less likely to be so bold. Her final question had gone unanswered, but perhaps it was better that way - she did not want the answer to tarnish her impression of the ice king.

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: you're the antidote to everything except for me - by Nyx - 02-27-2014, 08:31 AM