[OPEN] you're the antidote to everything except for me
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Mauja Frosthjärta
"And you're only noticing that now?"

He laughed; not unkindly, but darkly, the rich, deep sound of a storm. If anything, he'd say she was considerably calmer now—her voice stable, words thoughtful, not the nervous chit-chatter of a reeling mind. If he had to pick, he preferred this one.. the one with a hint of unbending iron, instead of the malleable, soft silver.

He hadn't, truly, meant to finally close the book on their conversation, but as the playful words left his mouth, he knew that it would come to an end. It hung in the air, that unanswered question and the slight tension, the scent of her nervousness bridging the gap between them; even with d'Artagnan gone, they stood relatively close. It was.. when he came to think of it.. too close. With all the adrenaline, all the blood pumping through his veins, the certain sense of being alive that came with the frost-tinged darkness.. it ran like a crackle of static around his body, and he shook his head lightly from side to side, as if to shake it off, or break free from it.

"Maybe I'll take matters into my own hands, then," she said, and his mind whispered with an arched inner 'brow, oh really?, but he snapped his mouth shut on the words. The last thing he needed now was to let that feeling bloom, get acknowledged; he shoved it aside, answered with a polite, if still a little deep, "Farewell, Nyx,". Silently he watched her go, departing down the path, passing Irma who sat like a stone guardian among the rocks, and only when she was further away did he let out his breath in a shuddering sigh. What had he just done? What had he just said? What had he just forced himself to face, at least partially? What did it mean; what did it mean, for him?

The tension lingered in him, a coiled-up spring with no relief, and angrily, with ears laid back, did he snap at the nearest shrine before he turned and stalked away. He knew the feeling would burn itself out, but it would be a few hours before peace was restored to him.

[ The end. This was amazing. <3 ]
A million miles from home, I'm frozen to the bones, I am... a soldier on my own, I don't know the way.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
RE: you're the antidote to everything except for me - by Mauja - 02-28-2014, 08:37 AM