the Rift

[PRIVATE] Trial and Error

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sleep, ah sleep. When it comes along, words could never describe just how amazing it was. To snore as long as you want while lying around in an espically comfortable place, it was the greatest thing in the whole world. Already I could feel it poking me along, to tell me to lie down. There wasn't much cover or a nice pond to lie around in to sleep in, so I found what seemed nicest at the time.
A bush.
I mean, it's just a bush, A bird or two could be in there, and getting smacked in the face by a wing and eating feathers wouldn't be as bad as having a dead one being dropped on top of me while sleeping (I swear Amara, I'm not going to forgive you for that,) so I climbed in.
Once inside, there was truly more problems than I wanted to have. The first that happened was a branch stabbed me in my butt. Right smack dab in my booty, just poking me there like it was their butt to poke. It's my booty, my precious blue circular marking booty that made the top of my tail dark blue butt.
This is not going to happen.
So, I did what every girl would of done, and just plopped down right on top of it. It snapped, and afterwards I had it stabbing me in the leg, but a swift kick got it out of the equation. Other than that I was fine, a few flowers had bloomed on the inside, creating a sweet scent. The only thing to really announce my presence within the bush was the tip of my horn sticking out at the front of the bush, but it didn't give off enough glow for it to be noticeable that I was inside there.
Eyes heavy and what not, I went to sleep faster than I expected to. I snore, yes I do, even the cutest fillies like myself will snore like I do. My snoring sounds exactly like a chainsaw(whatever that happens to be), making as much noise as possible, but its only another sign to give away that I'm in there. At one point when I was younger I can remember my mother snoring and that getting me out of there, but a dream came in and fixed it all, including my damned snoring.

OOC: OMG I'M SO SORRY IT'S THIS BAD.
I JUST DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE HER LOOK WHILE SLEEPING IN THAT BUSH.

@[Hototo]
If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

I guess mother had wandered off somewhere, for I could not find her upon my return to the Thistle Meadow. My bicolored eyes scan the horizon for her familiar dark form, returning with nothing but waves of tall grass and fuschia thistles. The sigh which leaves my lungs is one of regret, for I had somehow missed meeting her once again. Rather than lose hope, I begin to march my way toward the copse of trees and shrubbery along the edges.

With any luck, I would get out of the heat of Tallsun. I did not mind the summer months as much, but at the height of the afternoon, I felt more than a little miserable. After all, just look at me.

Seventeen hands high. Thick like a tree trunk. Hair which seems to grow continuously day and night, my mane like long waves of silver reaching down toward my shoulders now. Wings which cover my back like an unwanted jacket.
Long story short, I am hot, and not in the "oh my god, he is so hot!" kind of way. Hot as in sweaty and imaginary steam lines coming off of my buttocks.

Anyway, my large bronze hooves carry me toward the edge of the meadow. My small little harp floats happily behind me, surprisingly quiet today. I find that the small instrument tends to play toward my mood, and apparently I am feeling boring or apathetic today. Plenty of things could alter this, of course, the main change would likely be the appearance of a girl. Now, see, I am not like a regular hormonal teenage boy who loses his mind in front of fillies because his pecker begins to do the thinking. No, it is not a want of them which leaves me in hot water.

Since I can remember, females have always been more intimidating than males. Maybe I have mother to thank for that impression, with her fierce crimson eyes. However, I think it has more to do with the nature of their selves. Mares and even fillies carry a totally different air about them than males. Cera and Midas had naturally calm personalities, though I admit that Cera was very friendly upon our first meeting. Still, when I had met Cirrus and her sister Azulee for the first time, I was yelled at and interrogated.

You see where I am going with this?

Anyway, maybe it is because I am so nervous that the natural tendency for females to be forceful increases. I am just an innocent little rabbit terrified of the lionness. Why not taunt me?

However, I had recently come to a conclusion. I need to improve my interaction skills with girls. I could not think of a way how to, aside from talking to them directly, but is that not too much pressure? I thought so. Instead, I will let you in on a little secret: I began talking to bushes. Bushes are lovely creatures. Because of my lineage, they bend toward me naturally and glow in my presence. They cannot berate me when I stutter or get nervous, and they are ultimately patient listeners.

On this very day, heading toward the bush on the edge of the meadow, I had no idea my "perfect plan" would come back to haunt me. As usual, though, fillies pop up like daisies in my life and scare the crap out of me. Today was to be no exception.

I settle on a medium size bush, approaching it cautiously. I glance around for any nearby folk who could listen in on my conversation. The field is clear, the copse seems clear, and all seems at peace. I clear my throat and begin, my rich baritone voice projecting toward the greenery, my eyes shifting nervously from the leaves to the grass. "Hello... I'm Hototo."

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

At some point within my nap, someone came along and started talking to me. Awoken at the most awkward of ways and thoughts hazy from sleep, there wasn't much I could say to them. I was still inside my asshole of a bush, feeling a sneeze come along with the Tallsun pollen that was pumped out around me. My nose twitched, feeling as if someone had gone ahead and shoved a feather inside of there. If I was to sneeze and a feather came out, might as well check myself for bird crap. Birds seemed to naturally radiate towards me. There's nothing wrong with this until you get some droppings airborne at you and it hits you in the face.
I'm extremely proud to admit that has yet to happen.
When the sneeze couldn't be held back much longer and my thoughts still jumbled up, I let it fly. It wasn't exactly the sneeze that I expected myself to release, seeing as I'm the type of girl only appear (appear being the main word of this sentence) to have a butterfly sneeze, one of those sneezes that makes the boys think she's cute and danty and would make a good mother for the kids. My sneeze, you see, is one of those sneezes that happen when you're in a room, it's quiet and peaceful. All you're going to think about at this point is if you can go to sleep and not be bothered.
And then BAM!, someone sneezing like a cannon being shot.
Today, that damn sneeze shook my bush, the hind leg that had earlier kicked out at the branch and gotten rid of it shot out of the bush, hanging out in an awkward angle. My head popped out as well, coming of my not so comfy bush to meet something I didn't expect.
Oh wait, he's kind of cute; gotta put on my skills and work the magic.
'He' was a fairly large colt, having a harp hovering around him. My eyes lingered on it for a moment, watching it with curiousity just in case it decided to go rogue Highlander style with the "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE BUSH WOMAN!" thing on me and hit me in the face. Let's face it, no, not the harp but reality, that could probably happen to me with my luck. Head cocked to one side with a confused expression, I became the rude, got to point the obivious type of girl that I can be at times, and went ahead and said it. "What's with your harp thingie back there?"
The only reason that I knew what it was was because Dad probably said something about while trying to put some sense into me, but childhood is releasing the grip that it once firmly held on me and letting me fly. By fly, I mean it's just slingshotting me out into the open to face the world and when I land face first into the ground there isn't gonna be anyone there to kiss my booboo's and make it better.
My leg twitched back there, trying to get back into the bush where the rest of my body (except my head and neck, which was now completely exposed to this boy in man's body), finally getting itself back into there. It moved around on it's on accord for a bit before I found a comfortable place to hold it down at it, and started him straight on. The blue glow that came forth from thy horn (it never hurts to put humour into an awkward situation, even if it's old English) could only make me look demonic again, and if he panicked I'd never be able to look at him with a straight face. He's good looking and all, but boys tend to lose all of that the moment they panic and mess up.
"Oh yeah, hi. How's it going? I'm Sikeax by the way, but you can call me Sia. Where you trying to find me or something and that's the reason you're talking to the bush that I was napping inside or is there another reason?"
Rude as it was, I tried to be as nice as I could probably pull of at a time like this. Seriously, he came up and started talking to me while I was sleeping. I was inside a bush and all, but if he's talking to the bush I'm pretty much done here, because my bags are packed and I'll take off.
Really, who even tries to talk to the plants?

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits