the Rift

[OPEN] Doing the World a favor [Gaige, Any]

Nato Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: 13 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

The feel of the season change sent a quiver down the demons spine. It was far better than the blistering heat only days before. It was true, he hasn’t been here long. But look at him, already doing the World a favor. Though, he would probably have done a better favor by sending the earthen stallion on his way; or simply killed him. But he was getting to the age now, where battles could very well end his days. And he wasn't sure about anyone else, but as far as he sees it he was just too young to die. Matter of fact, Nato is in his prime!

The stallion smirked to himself as he danced out of the shadows of the pine, and into the moon light. The beasts coat, black as night shined and glittered with the moist dew from the rolling fogs before him- painted ivory patches reflecting mother moons touch as he slowly rolled his muscles into a smoother pace, cannons not plowing as hard now; but eased upon the rich earth below.

He lifted his head elegantly, muzzle touching the sky as he quickly retraced it and pulled it too his chest. He knew his new found admirer wouldn’t be that far behind him now. He could still hear the foot falls of the stag; as Nato slowly seized his own movements and turned on a pivot, to gaze back at the beast that was trailing behind him. ”Alright Equine.” His words were twisted in acid as he turned a cold crimson eye to the beast. ”Before I lead you beyond the gates; should you cause any trouble. It will be me who you deal with.” He breathed, the mist rolling off his lips as he turned and glanced at the glass wall. Knowing well that someone would be there on the other side to meet them. And should this old warrior- try anything stupid. Nato was confident he wouldn't make it out here without any wounds.

Shifting his weight he turned and looked upon the glass wall, remembering the entrance that Lace had showed him and his daughter. He moved forth; knowing the stallion would follow.

Gaige Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Tired bones creak and groan as the earthen stag slowed his pace behind the dark stallion, it had taken a few stilted paces for his weary muscles to warm and remember what they were built for. The demon and the stag had flown across the darkened landscape, racing the orange light of moon. The one thing that struck Gaige on the run to World’s Edge from the forest was the freedom, the space. Never had he seen so much open space, albeit littered with trees the landscape seemed endless. Embracing the night he had let his mind run free, thoughts came and went of a very different place he had left (hopefully) far behind. As the two danced out of the canopy of trees Gaige noticed a strange sight before them.

“More surprises” Gaige grumbled stepping out from behind Nato and peering at the massive glass wall that halted their way. “If I’m not careful, I’m likely to have some kind of heart attack or something” He looked around trying to see exactly how far the wall went but darkness crept in at the edges and he couldn’t tell.

The earthen stag turned a pale blue gaze to his reflection, the moon casting his features into a sharper focus. For some strange reason gazing at his reflection in the glass wall made him feel as though he as flesh and blood were the pale imitation and starring back at him was the real Gaige. Earthly brown tainted by scars fading into black as though dirt stained his legs and muzzle one misdeed at a time. As the pale blues shone out at him he couldn’t help but feel like he was a stranger in his own skin.

The demon turned his glowing eyes toward the stag, acid colouring his tone as he warned about causing trouble.

“Noted big guy, I have enough holes in me to last a lifetime” Gaige blinked at the stallion, dropping all pretence. He was too tired to keep it up anyway; swinging his great brown head back at his reflection. He wondered what in god's name was doing here, the mask of a stranger in a world unknown.

"TALK TALK TALK"

OOC* Sorry it so long, and its not very good, but I just wanted to get it out =] Also I'm not sure how to set up links to credit for your table and picture but once I work out how, I will do a proper credit =]

Hidden Account
Candy

The ink covered beast watched the earthen stallion for a moment in thought. What would the protectors do to an outcast that just followed him in through the wall? Though honestly, he didn't really care what became of the stallion right now. But, he would keep his word and offer him a place to rest for the evening where he didn't have to worry about all the monsters of the night.. Just one.

"Good then.” Nato breathed and began to walk forth and through the glass wall through the perfectly cut opening. It was dark now, and the stillness in the air was accompanied by a song of crickets and shuttering leaves followed by a very faint roar of the ocean. The red eyed beast grinned to himself as he turned around and looked upon Gaige. "Welcome- to the Worlds Edge.” His tones faded away as he turned and stepped further into the darkness; careful not to leave Gaige too far behind in worry that the protectors would rip him apart.

ooc: No Worries ;) Shame Gaige is not going to stay around in the Edge- I could see him and Nato becoming good friends. xD]

Gaige Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The stag entered through the glass wall following the steps of the demon. He wasn’t sure of what lay beyond such a striking but ominous wall, it had been built for a purpose but for what reason he could only guess. Step by step Gaige felt those damned shoes get bigger; he felt he was entering a world entirely different from one he had previously known. New rules, new games, new minds and he wasn’t sure yet where he fit in to all this. Did he even want to? Was that the question he should’ve been asking himself? Or should he just turn tail and find some cave to hole up in, until he could move on. No he berated himself snorting harshly; he had never run away from a fight and goddamn it if he didn’t like challenge. Maybe he was just getting old with all these thoughts of settling down.

The distant roar of waves upon land caught Gaige’s attention; he had never seen the ocean before. Even bone weary as he was curiosity flicked his ears forward wondering at the sight that went with the sound. He had heard stories about its beauty, its ferocity and the dangers of a storm, the horrible taste, but one thing he had wanted to see for himself above all else was the vastness of it. The stag shook his head he just couldn’t believe the equines when they had awed at just how big this ocean was, sceptical he would just have to see for himself.

As the moon settled into her final quarter of her dominion the earthen stag felt the stirrings of an idea, a thought so little that even he had yet to know it for what it was. Sleep took over the stags mind, dulling everything around him. But the thought stayed whispering to his subconscious mind. Home…

"TALK TALK TALK"

OOC*I know I would love Gaige and Nato to be friends! I think he'll wander around for a bit, but then he'll come back =]

Hidden Account
Candy

He stood still amongst the pine, crimson eyes resting behind closed lids as he listened to the world around him almost fade into a silent melody. Finally, he could rest easy knowing there wasn’t a rival stallion out to chase or inflict wounds. He could put his massive body at ease, without worry. He didn’t like dreaming however because she was always there, the Lightning Queen that haunted him so. He couldn’t help it anymore. That silver mare had stolen his cold heart and left it cold and empty. For now, all he had was his daughter, Nyx. There was always that to be thankful for. Blood hue eyes peered over to the tired stag whom he had brought here within the walls of the Edge. He’d never admit it but he liked the company of older stallions, they were more relaxed and not all cocky and rusted out with hormones.

A hoof dug upon the soft grass below, as he noted a nearby campfire. Shifting his weight, he moved closer, slowly floating like a ghost through the shadow of the pine. He paused, a good distance away, and turned to gaze back upon the resting stag. Doing a once over, checking his surroundings before slowly, if not a little painfully, bending down and with a rough ‘thud’ upon the earth floor. He sighed, it felt good to let those old legs rest. Bones grind and pop as he shifts to get comfortable. He knew he was vulnerable but at this point, he just needed rest. The warmth of the fire brushed against his coat with a rush of warmth followed by a crisp breeze. Winter was upon them soon, and the warmth of these campfires would keep them nice and toasty.

Velvet lips parted and nipped upon the emerald blades as he lost his thoughts gazing into the fires blaze. How I miss my fire magic. He thought, chewing his midnight snack. One day soon, I’ll get my magic back. He assured himself as he turned and gazed through the forest pine and watched the moon rays dance with the shadows. The distant sounds of woodland creatures, and the smell of home; it was all too perfect. Turning his neck to look upon Gaige, he wondered how long the earthen stallion would stay.

ooc: sounds good :)