the Rift

[OPEN] Speak Now [ Activity Check - Compulsory Herd Meeting ]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
They came.

How many times had they gathered now? Too many to count, and on each of those occasions, how many changes had she sprung upon them? How many times had she asked her herd to do more, to try harder, to not give up hope? Enough, apparently, for here they all still stood, alive, strong, united.

Or were they?

The arrival of the little palomino guard surprised her - or rather, the departure of the mare. The DragonHeart approached her, extending a dark muzzle to the golden girl, whickering lowly.

"Romani," she began, reflecting on the time when she first accepted the mare, who had stood in Xanthos' embrace within her woods, frightened and outcast, seeking a home to protect once more. "I will try to understand.. But please reconsider. Please ask anything you will of me to help you." Could the DragonHeart handle another leaving her? How many had left her in the past, how many had she allowed to leave?

How many more had she welcomed home again? Could she welcome back another?

Would Romani ever come back to her?

"There are always other positions, other things to busy yourself with in the herd." Crafting, information gathering, healing, or even as a citizen… Mirage would welcome Romani's presence, if only Romani would stay.

The dark, painted unicorn to arrived surprised her. Vague recollections from what felt like a lifetime ago tickled her memory. Mirage's time at the Path had been interrupted by tragedies and war - she had searched for any who still lingered from there for years afterwards, with her family, and found nothing but death and destruction. But he.. He was from there. Whether he had been friend or foe back then hardly mattered - how had he found his way here? Calling her his Queen?

"Nato," she said, the name happening upon her suddenly - even then, she was unsure if she was correct. He answered the query posed to them all by Destrier aptly enough, but naturally, none of them knew the full story.

"The Basin is aware of our want for peace. We hold none of their prisoners any more. Lace and I will confer with the Basin again soon, to ensure there is a continued understanding." The DragonHeart spoke quietly, not boastful nor even particularly proud of the manner she had secured their safety. "The wall will help us - as you know, WingLead Destrier, I still want at least two guards patrolling either side, both the northern and southern border, as well as patrols of the cliffside rim. As proven by those who aided the Basin in their most recent invasion attempt, those who might seek to take our home from us do not always only possess horns.

"We are a herd of equality and understanding - I know it can be hard to let go of stereotypes when in the past all we have known is attacks from horned fiends hailing from the north - that does not mean that every unicorn from the north is an enemy. We must remember, that our only enemies are those who seek to take from us that which we hold dear - our lives, our homes and our strength as a family."
Nato's words had lingered at the back of her mind - she wondered if it held a silent meaning, a hidden warning. No place is ever truly safe, but they would do their darnedest to stay alive regardless.
background pattern by webstreats @ flickr.com

Posting order is a lie xP

Messages In This Thread
RE: Speak Now [ Activity Check - Compulsory Herd Meeting ] - by Mirage - 12-13-2013, 01:33 AM