the Rift

[OPEN] Speak Now [ Activity Check - Compulsory Herd Meeting ]

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
It was with some relunctance that the Wild Rose had lingered on the outskirts of the gathering, trying to decide what she should do. On one hand, habit had her wanting to stride forward to a position of prominence within the gathering, suitable to a member of the Edge's council. On the other... she'd wanted to skulk off, guilty over her lack of caring for the nurses and involvement in Resplendence's projects. The two impulses, between them, kept her here instead. Listening as Mirage promoted Lace out of nowhere and proceeded with herd dealings as if her earlier pronouncement was nothing more than an observation on the weather.

And then that observation of sunny weather was interrupted. At first by the cloud of two horses deciding to take their leave of the herd. Then by a sudden squall, given body by Kaj, of all horses. Shouted words spoke accusations and disappointments, grave indeed. The storm seemed to fade with the appearance of the Dragonheart's consort, who spoke calm words of observation and suggestion, but was renewed with the abrupt anger of Aaron, who lifted his voice in words as sharp and accusing of the stallion he attacked.

White-edged ears swept back in annoyance, the indignity of the situation driving the Wild Rose forward, all thoughts of guilt and escaping forgotten in the heat of the moment. She shouldered to the front, dark eyes flashing disapproval at Kaj and Aaron alike.

"Are you two through yelling at all and sundry like a pair of uncouth colts? I would have expected better behavior in a couple of stallions who have and do stand in positions of import within the herd. You are poor role models indeed if you dissolve into shouting at a herd meeting."

Tail lashing against her hocks with poorly contained temper, Smoke shifted her dark gaze toward the ebon frame of the Weyrleader. "Though I daresay there's some truth in all their blustering and bickering, Lady Mirage. Not a single one of us would be here if it wasn't for you and the ideal you stand for, even if some of the youngsters couldn't have named you from your sister just a day ago. Its all well and good for you or someone else to name themselves a leader if those you are supposed to lead won't follow. The exception will lead to doubt, and undermine authority. Kaj does level some pretty heavy accusations against Lace. And unanswered and unexplained, those accusations are just going to make some horses wonder, regardless of how you choose to treat your Wingleader's outburst."

Her voice dropped to a commiserating tone, meant for Mirage and Mirage alone. "Keeping a herd in line is like managing children. They don't always agree with you, or with each other. You just have to do your best to guide them in the direction that's best for them."

Then Smoke turned away, heading for Resplendence. As she did so, a startling figure made her pause and look again. Evangeline? Where'd she miss that one wandering back into Helovia? Deciding that she should try to find time to greet the mare more properly another time, Smoke offered the Pure a smile and nod of greeting before continuing on her way. "Resplendence, I apologize for my absence. I am... not myself in the wake of wars. They bring up too many old memories, and I find myself becoming isolate once the rush of picking up the pieces are over. I'd like to wish you good work and congratulations on all your work in progressing the healer presence within the herd."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Speak Now [ Activity Check - Compulsory Herd Meeting ] - by Smoke - 01-01-2014, 02:19 AM