the Rift

[OPEN] Speak Now [ Activity Check - Compulsory Herd Meeting ]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
A few more had come stumbling into the meeting not long after Quil and Res. After she had spoken her word she had taken to leaning up against the stag who was one of the few people which she knew would give her unconditional support no matter the situation. They spoke little to none, or if they did it seems the words had just passed the shy mare by as she came down from dealing with the attention being cast upon her.

But, then Kaj came. And the sky seemed to change. It was as if a thunderstorm was appearing, and Res's eyes were widening in shock, amazement, and a little bit of fear. He yells, and he speaks against Lace. He speaks against the person who Mirage has chosen to lead beside her. Resplendence trusted the dark mare with her life, and she had not heard of this Lace. She had also not heard of their previous leader, and she only knew that the war that had been fought before she had drug Quil here had lead to the death of a very loved member of their herd. Her audit pricks forward as she steps away from Quil's side as the thunderstorm seems to die down, and the electricity falls.

Kaj needs comfort, but before she can get to his side there is another booming sound. The horse looked like a dragon, and Resplendence was instantly scurrying back to Quil's side for some idea of safety. No. Things were not right. He asks for an explanation, or not even an explanation. No, he asks that the herd get a chance at raising up who will lead beside Mirage herself. He speaks that their old leader had been ill-suited as well, and confusion does manage to frame Res's face. Mirage, could she possibly be the only connecting thread of this entire herd? The only one that everyone trusted with their life? And that it was so much that people were now trusting her choice of leaders because of the past?

Confusion, that was all it was until another angry voice broke through. It was the one who had called Kahlua an idiot when she had thought it was a tournament instead of an invasion. It was the one who had been given no manners during that time, and now that she wasn't in shock and pain she would not allow him to speak ill of those she considered her family now. Aaron might have been lifted by Kahlua to work at her side, but she could not allow him to speak so ill of Kaj - the one who had saved her many times before - just because he had a dissenting opinion!

A grim lined formed upon the claybank's maw, and as she went to speak while another mare seemed to pull upon his hair her voice was not the one which hit the air. Smoke was speaking, she would recognize the voice of the healer anywhere. She asks them if they are done before speaking to Mirage, explaining the situation. Resplendence waits for the mare to finish before her meek voice is coming up again. Her frame may be trembling, and she may be leaning against Quil, to afraid to move forward to give Kaj a comforting bump with all of the scary creatures surrounding him. And she knows that they are family, but the leathery wings that must be weapons, and the anger in the voice of Aaron only sere to make her fear stronger, more tangible than it had been when the electricity had started.

"JUST STOP!" she almost screeches, her voice to broken to actually be loud though. It almost falls at a whisper, but with as much anxiety as if she had yelled. Slowly, her voice builds up, and strengthens. "Please. Just stop! There is no need to fight. Aaron. Please watch your tongue! In your attempt to voice your opinion and disagreement with Kaj's own you are degrading a stag who I believe has done nothing but help you. And this is not the first time I have seen you degrade your own brethren. I was there, sir, when you called Kahlua daft, and told her that her head should be examined - as if she were insane and needed some sort of locked off place. I have seen you be rude before, and unfortunately, I cannot say that doing so to your family is ever right. I'm disappointed, that someone I had hoped to call family one day only seems to prove to me over and over again that manners are lacking." Her voice is strong, radiating just a little as she steps forward, closer to where Kaj is, and away from Quil. But she cannot reach Kaj's side - not with the leather winged creature so close to him. Her instincts, her inner fears do not help her. "To everyone here, there should be a right to voice your opinion and not be attacked. You may not agree with what one has to say, and they may not word it in such a fashion as you like, but you still deserve to be heard. I am with Smoke, that we are here for Mirage. Do not allow the chances at a real family break so easily. Do not claim Kaj does not understand, or judge him when you do not know him. Please. I ask that you don't do that to anyone here. Kaj has saved me - even before I was a part of the Edge. He is my family - that is one of the reasons that I speak now. But all of you are family to me, in some way..."

Her voice breaks as she sees Smoke coming closer to her, and so she swallows before finishing her statement. "Please. The fighting. It needs to stop. It will lead to deeper injuries than the physical ones we have gained from the defense of our home. I cannot bare to see any of our home as broken as my mind is. It is a punishment I would wish on no one. And this... this bickering... it's how it starts..."

Tears were in her eyes. She didn't think she would have been in the near tears, but she can feel them now. They are rolling down her cheek and she shakes her head to make them go away. It is then, when she sees Smoke at her side, and her name falling from the dark mare's lips. Blinking away the last of the tears she nods her head in welcoming, unable to gain her voice back right away without choking on the words and risking crying again. Instead, she only stretches her maw so she might place it on the mare's right shoulder and tries to lip at the strands of hair there. Resplendence inches in closer as she apologizes, wishing her good work and a congratulations. "Thank you, Smoke. It means... much more than you can understand..." She whispered in response, voice harsher as she kept the tears back. Maybe she did finally have a place...

Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
RE: Speak Now [ Activity Check - Compulsory Herd Meeting ] - by Resplendence - 01-01-2014, 03:10 AM