the Rift

bitter taste

Breeze Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Regret. The most bitter of all feelings, nothing tastes as bad. To know you have made a wrong choice; taken the wrong road; abandoned the wrong horses (the wrong mare). Nothing exists that is worse than that; at least not for the creamy steed who dragged his hooves over the damp ground in the Threshold. His whole world contained of bitter regret and he had come back both because of and despite of it. Breeze was returning to Helovia…

It was in the middle of the night that he arrived on the border. The first time he crossed it (almost three years ago) stars had been alit on the dark heavens, but this night the skies were covered in clouds and no stars or moon guided his way through the trees. But he didn’t need the light, his black eyes were well trained and he remembered the trails he now treaded. He had walked here a few times before - the most memorable time must have been when he found Tingal (the tiger horse hybrid). But his thoughts were not with the strange stallion at the moment, they were with her; Kiara. She was the reason for his regret and the bitter taste in his mouth, he had thrown away her love only because he didn’t understand it. He had wasted his chance to happiness and now he feared that he would never even see the red roan girl again. What if something had happened to her?

"God of the Earth; father of all life, I beg you, please let Kiara still be alive and well. I ask for no more. I do not ask for her to remember the feelings she had for me, even if I wish it. I ask not even that she will not be angry with me for leaving. I ask simply that she is well - unharmed. Please, Father, hear my prayer." Breeze whispered into the silent night as he walked on.

He kept a steady, but slow, pace. He was not tired, he had not traveled fast and he was well rested and well fed. His good condition was mostly due to the reluctance he felt about returning; the fear that he would not find Kiara; that she would be gone or even dead. Those feelings had caused his journey to be slow. Sometimes it is better not knowing.

Breeze suddenly stopped. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a second. He wondered what he would do with his life if Kiara was gone. He guessed that he would have to do something, take a position inside a herd that would make him feel useful maybe? Yes, he decided that would be the best thing to do. But he wished so badly that she was still there. In his wildest dreams he saw her standing between the trees of the World’s Edge, creamy mane and tail wavering, emerald eyes glittering and roan ears pointing forwards in joy of his return. But he knew that it would not be true. The best possible scenario he could expect was that she was alive and well and that she could accept to be in the same area as him. He would be a fool to think that she would just go back to where they left things (where he left things).

I will go to the Edge. he thought. If she is anywhere, she is there.

Nato Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: 13 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

The dark knight moved through the oak and pine with ease. Being around the tall timbers always made him feel at home. There had never been a time in his life where he was not living in a forest. Brushing aside the fact that he spent five years fighting for his life in the darkness of this world with no place to call home, no place to rest ones eyes. Out there it was the devils world, filth grew like a hungry wildfire and it wasn't easy for those coming here.. because surely they too have seen or lived it. Perhaps that is what keeps bringing him back; the hopes to see a familiar face. He had found several so far, even his daughter. What was to stop anyone else from surviving the fall of Isilme? Nothing.

From the corner of the inky knights crimson eyes, he saw a silvery Pegasus moving through the forest. The obsidian painted stag moved forth into his direction, slowly and with caution- but not fear. He was not afraid anymore, but more so intrigued of what he would find out here. Pulling his black mass through the trees nearing the stallion with an eased mind.

"Excuse me." He breathed as he seized his movements and stood looking upon the winged stallion whom had his sights set on the direction of the Edge. "Are you lost?" He inquired, though something about the way this stallion held himself told him that was not the case. He couldn't be sure though; perhaps it was just luck that he was heading into the right direction of Home.

"I'm Nato, of the Worlds Edge." He introduced himself, wondering what the herd was up too. Perhaps, this stallion would like a home to go back too. A sly grin creased his lips as he neared closer to the stag- wondering what would come of this meeting.

ooc: Hope you don't mind :3

Unregistered
A startled "Oh!" escaped the palomino as the unicorn appeared. He had been too lost in his thoughts to notice the sound of approaching hooves and even though his eyes were well used to darkness this black beast was hard to spot. Had it not been for the stallion's crimson eyes and his white patches Breeze had probably been even more startled to hear a voice coming from the night itself.

The creamy stallion stopped dead in his tracks and turned towards the unicorn. "Hi! I didn’t see you there." Breeze said with a quick smile that didn’t quite reach his deep, black eyes. He wasn’t too comfortable with unicorns because even though he’d rid himself of his shyness and most of his insecurity, that he’d displayed at a younger age, he still was a bit wary of sharp, pointy things.

”Are you lost?”

Breeze chuckled and a lopsided grin tugged at his pink and grey lips for a second. "I guess that depends, but as far as direction go I think I am in the clear."

The unicorn introduced himself then and Breeze’s black eyes came alive. They lit up with an inner fire and hope spread across his face. "From the Edge?! Do you know of a mare named Kiara? She is red roan with beautiful emerald eyes. Have you met her? Do you know if she is alright?" he said with urgency in his voice. He even stepped closer to the bulky paint forgetting how much that black twisted horn scared him.

ooc; I don't mind at all, this is amzeballs ;D Breeze's mother is from Isilme btw so he has heard some legends

Hidden Account
Candy

Audits of ink twisted to the side as the star-kissed stallion met him with a smile. Perhaps it was just something he didn’t expect. Coming from Isilme he was so used to everyone being so hostile all the time... but here that never seemed to be the case anymore. Crimson eyes rested on the stallion as he turned to face to face with the winged stallion. Crown elevated as he took note of the stallions eyes and how they seemed to change instantly upon him mentioning home. A single hoof shifted back as he stood slightly startled to the excited stallion. He inquired about a mare by the name of Kiara, and her description. And for a devious moment, he pondered about lying to the beast. He could say he knew her, or had seen of her. Just to get the stallion to come along; but then he remembered a special someone, and how he would feel if someone lied about her well-being.. He’d kill someone.

With an almost apologetic gaze, Nato cleared his throat deeply. He understood how this boy felt. "I'm afraid I know not of this mare." He spoke deep, but soft and sympathetic. "However, there are many I have not yet met. I myself have not been here long." he offered in assurance to the beast. Perhaps not all was lost; maybe she was there just grazing away on the emerald grasses as they spoke. The silver colt had grown a little too close to Nato, and a heavy snort rushed through his nostrils as he stepped to the side. He was never one to be crowded; but in a way he understood this ones feelings. Because what he wouldn’t give to feel Querida brush against his skin again; even if it did shock the hell out of him with her lightning touch.

"Perhaps you can accompany me back to the Edge?." Nato breathed, knowing the stallions emotions all to well. Perhaps she is there- perhaps she is not. It would never hurt to look. "Perhaps, she is there." He noted with a hopeful grin tugging on the edge of his lips.

Unregistered
Even though the night was dark and gloomy, it wasn’t hard to read Breeze’s emotions. He had never been one for hiding his thoughts behind an iron mask. Or to lie and pretend. He just wasn’t brought up like that. And one could clearly see how hope ebbed away from the creamy stallion’s eyes at Nato’s words. He lowered his neck with a sigh. As he backed away slightly from the dark unicorn, more out of respect for the stallion’s personal space than out of his own fear of the horn, he reminded himself that even if Kiara were in the Edge she would still hate him. But he had decided to go there so he might as well follow through - for once in his life.

"Yes thank you. I’d be happy to come with you." he replied with a halfhearted smile.

In his sudden burst of hope he had lifted his wings from his sides a few inches and now he put them back; keeping them tighter this time. He also shook his body and composed himself. He mustn’t walk around looking like his life was over, especially not when Nato was being so kind as to offer him to come with him to the World’s Edge. Being accompanied by a herd member would probably be smoother than just going up to the herdland’s border and whinny until a patrol acknowledged him.

"Shall we?" he said and leaned forwards waiting for the other to start the journey.

"By the way, I am Breeze son of Al-Shahin of the Red Sand Sea and Ru’yah of Isilme." He usually didn’t name his whole family tree like that when he introduced himself. But he felt so unattached to everything and a need to remember who he was gripped him just as he started speaking.

ooc; Maybe you can request a rank-change for Breeze and we can keep on this thread writing out their journey a little bit? :)

Hidden Account
Candy
The winged stallion accepted the knights offer to come home to the Worlds Edge. A faint smile was offered to the stallion, though he was left to wonder why the silver stag seemed so let down when he said he was unsure of the mares ware bouts. He sighed softly, as he assumed it was love. Such a horrible thing, the player and breaker of hearts; Nato would never admit his heartache, or at least try not to make it so obvious. A general nod was given to the stallion, as he motioned and suggested they move on to the Edge.

”This way.” He breathed, as he leaned forward into a steady pace in the direction of the herd lands.

Walking along side the Pegasus stallion, Nato had noticed he never got a name. But just when he was about to ask, the stallion spoke. And what he said, caused him to do a double take. Isilme that name, those words… that place. Ink coated lobes aimed to the side to listen to him more, as if to wonder if that’s where he came from. He seized his movements and stood still, obsidian threads rippling as he stood and gazed upon the stallion in question, maw slightly parted open in shock of the name. ”Did you say, Isilme?” He inquired almost in disbelief. Starting to walk slowly once more, jet black ears pinned against his skull in thought. Yet another from Isilme had emerged. If in fact that is where he was from. Nato took a deep breath, and smelled nothing of the Isilme world- then again it had been years since its downfall.

Rudely, he had almost forgotten the stallions name, with the mentioning of Isilme. ”Forgive me, I wasn’t expecting to hear that name, pleasure to meet you Breeze...” His voice was lost, and faded into the darkness as he was slightly confused and his heart raced at the thought that maybe, just maybe she was alive.

Ooc: We can get you changed up, and continue this thread there if you’d like. =] they’ll have plenty to talk about I’m sure.

Unregistered
Sounds good, I'll make a thread tomorrow! :D