the Rift

“ HOWL ”
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

Blissfully in what felt like a long time, I ventured from my southern kingdom when dark had fallen. Dragon's Throat could handle themselves for an eve. Frame angled purposely toward the distant echos of storms and sweet smelling pine. Despite my love for the desert, it was refreshing to stand upon solid earth instead of unforgiving granules. There had been hope that tonight could be used for meditation, prayer, but as luck would have it, Threshold's forest weren't fated to be calm on this eerily disturbed night. It stirred restlessly. I and likely everyone else could hear someone thundering through the undergrowth. His a sweaty musk of fear filled the air with a heavy cloud that spoiled an otherwise pleasant evening. Curiosity and unrelenting concern led me deeper into the Threshold at a rapid pace, following the stranger's well marked trail. My companion flew overhead, her raptor eyes peering through the loose canopy of multicolored leaves. She was wondering why I bothered helping those in need, why I couldn't just leave them to their own demise.

It was then that my gaze caught sight of him between the thicket. A tall, dark steed. Wings outstretched as if he planned on shooting past the overhanging limbs; coal colored flanks coated in wet perspiration, eyes rolled back to their whites. Something had obviously frightened him. My ebony ears drifted toward crown, ivory tendrils lashed against quarters nervously. A quick scan summed that there was no immediate danger present, "Hail!" I called unwaveringly, "What ails ye?" Fina swooped down, gracefully landing upon a nearby branch to watch the situation unfurl. Wisdom schooled me to maintain a distance, there was no need to get close to a frightened, possibly angry steed.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
“ HOWL ” - by Dresden - 12-12-2013, 04:37 PM
RE: “ HOWL ” - by Midas - 12-13-2013, 11:39 AM
RE: “ HOWL ” - by Rinoah - 12-14-2013, 04:55 AM