the Rift

[OPEN] lakeside slumber;

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

In her mind she could already hear the laughter of the stallion mocking her rather misfortunate encounter with one of natures harmless. Like really who else could manage to wind up stuck in a pond all thanks to the roots of one particular tree. If she had been wiser and thinking clearly she might have decided to not walk so close to the foot of the giant living stick knowing damn well of the intricate root system they commonly had. When they stood upon the earth dirt filled in the crevices between the netting of roots making it possible to stand upon but when water was involved the stability was washed away leaving pockets of unfilled space. From what she could feel gripping onto her foot the roots were not as thick as they could have been but obviously strong enough to hold her still.

The silence lapsed confusing the white mare, why wasn't the spotted laughing at her like all the others would? Did he have shreds of humility left within his soul that allowed him to see beyond the nature of how she had gotten herself into this mess? It came as a shock for her as the brutes she had known in the past would have used the predicament to their advantage but apparently not this stag, what made him different? Her gaze was a mixture of confusion and inquiry as it hover around the muscular frame of the the masculine creature behind her. "And here I thought you just wanted to make my day," The words brought a small huff in response as at least one strand of familiarity resided, the cocky attitude that she strangely found a vaguely amusing.

"Please be a dear and don't kick my head in," A soft chuckle escaped her throat at the comment before she realized what he was doing. Flinching away from his soft touch at first she stilled her movement knowing all too well he could easily rip her leg or anything else for that matter, to shreds if he wanted to using the sharp tip of his horn as he probed around to attempt to discover the source of her restraint. If she had wanted to she could easily disobey his simple request to be kind to his head. It would only take one well placed kick to take care of that, but that was not the kind of person she was. If she had to choose between the natural instincts of fight or flight she was already long gone before the first even crossed her mind.

As his head retraced its path of descent she released the breath she hadn't known she was holding. She was hoping that maybe he could free her from this prison but as her eyes probed his the look of defeat dismissed her own hope for freedom. His lyrics only confirmed what she could read upon his face, she was in all senses doomed. The temperature of the water already was starting to feel cool upon her drenched hide, it wouldn't take long for the temperature to drop again if the weather pattern withheld itself. What else could she do other than submit to the inevitable once the stallion left to go about his life. What concern did he have for her anyway, at least he was nice enough to at least make an attempt it was more than she could say for most.

Raising her eyes again from the rippled swirl of muddy water her gaze fell once more upon the stallion. What was she supposed to say to him now, thank you but just leave me here to die alone now? No she didn't want to sound so morbid even though her situation seemed hopeless. Instead she decided on something perhaps a little lighter. "I appreciate you trying to help at least." She replied softly wavering her gaze only slightly.

TAGS: @[Mauja]
MUSE: Good
NOTES: I tried looking up things on frozen branches and such and based on other people's experiences it seems it is easier to split it when it has been frozen :o Would never have thought that but if foresters are calling it plausible lol. He could likely break the pieces holding her foot if it was frozen as they are no thicker than say a broom stick. This is similar to what I was imagining for what is holding her only with shallower water. Her foot has slipped down between the roots and is wedged in between. http://gallery.usgs.gov/images/05_03_201...2483_a.jpg

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Messages In This Thread
lakeside slumber; - by Mauja - 12-13-2013, 07:09 AM
RE: lakeside slumber; - by Brisa - 12-21-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: lakeside slumber; - by Mauja - 12-22-2013, 06:17 AM
RE: lakeside slumber; - by Brisa - 12-22-2013, 12:50 PM
RE: lakeside slumber; - by Mauja - 12-25-2013, 03:50 PM
RE: lakeside slumber; - by Brisa - 12-30-2013, 05:30 PM
RE: lakeside slumber; - by Mauja - 12-31-2013, 07:02 AM
RE: lakeside slumber; - by Brisa - 12-31-2013, 03:57 PM
RE: lakeside slumber; - by Mauja - 01-01-2014, 06:41 AM
RE: lakeside slumber; - by Brisa - 01-04-2014, 12:58 AM