the Rift

[OPEN] Here to stay
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

The sun was hot, as it beat down from the sky onto Gaucho's dark flanks. Although he had now weathered many seasons in the Throat, as TallSun approached, the dun found his flanks covered in sweat far more often than he liked. "Gaucho have to train more." He decided. Although finding a sparring partner lately had been difficult; without the Threat of any impending attacks, in his simple mind, he feared that the herd had gotten soft. He wanted them to feel safe, but it would take more than himself and Midas to protect them, should anything happen.

Ah well. He'd to have speak to Midas about that one day; today was saved for a different matter. And for Gaucho, who was just beginning to get into the swing of long conversations, one was enough.

Gaucho might not have a flying companion like Midas to seek him out, but he did have something that would work just as well; from his ear, Mara drew one bead of blood, ever so carefully. Gaucho's dark ear flicked in annoyance at the twinge, and let his magic pour from his body. Three eagles - the size of small dogs - suddenly emerged from the silvery mist that exuded from his antlers. "Find My-das" He told them, as they divided and went off in different directions to seek out the painted Sultan.

Mara hissed reassuringly in Gaucho's antlered, trying to still his thoughts. She could sense the apprehension that he felt about what he needed to discuss with his fellow Sultan, but words of encouragement often did not work with her primitive companion. So, she resorted to hissing to try and take his mind off of it.

@[Midas]

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

quote quote quote
quote quote quote

Fina flew at my side, our wings thumping off beat to avoid a wing on wing collision. We road the warm air currents on this quiet afternoon, keeping watch for visitors and or trespassers. Either would be a welcome distraction to this mundane day. My Phoenix had taken to singing, chip chat, chirp hiss; there wasn't a tune she couldn't mimic, or a melody she wouldn't try. Wether or not Fina got it right, now that was a whole different matter.

A silent but stern sun stood in a cloudless sky- it's embrace a welcoming caress. In the distance my companion caught sight of something traveling toward us. She ceased singing and curved her wings to pick up speed, I glanced up, semi bemused. The speck grew rapidly larger, Fina clicked her beak and shot off toward it. A gleeful smile filling in the curve of her grin; apparently the speck was about to become lunch.

Moments later she came soaring back, a hissy frown replacing her lost smile, and talons empty. The strange eagle drew close, it was then that I realized what had deterred her. This bird was different from an ordinary avian, it's body was shrouded in mist. Outlined by a smoky light. Fina soared around my feet, chirping angrily at the ghost bird. I'd seen on of these birds before, at the cave we explored a few weeks ago. Guacho.

Without pausing to question I push ahead, the eagle made a sharp bend and took off for where I guessed Guacho would be waiting. Our guide didn't have to lead long, soon enough we spotted the dark stallion standing by as patiently as he could. Daggers found ground seconds later, a heap of dry dust scatters as my body settles into the soil. "Afternoon brother." Muzzle thrust toward the taller lad.

Image by: Sei
Table by: Brit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]
Ascended Helovian

It was one of the many advantages of having wings - the distance which could be covered was unequaled by any of the other species (unless magic was involved of course). In that regard, Gaucho was forever grateful. Waiting was not a game that he was particularly good at. As the shadow of both equine and bird darkened the ground, Gaucho cast a squinted gaze upwards, just in time to see his painted comrade descend. A welcoming and easy smile parted Gaucho's dark lips, completely void of the apprehension he felt only moments early.

"My-das" Gaucho replied with a bob of his antlered brow. In his antlers, Mara hissed unaggressively towards Fina. Her time spent around the painted Sultan's companion told her that a bird made of fire would probably not taste good. Even so, she could not overcome her primal instincts to at least try. Poison welled in her jaws, but they remained firmly closed, as she draped herself to sunbathe at the top of Gaucho's antlers.

"We need...to talk." Gaucho began, rather dramatically, though unintentionally. He had been mulling over what to say for a few days now - ever since he had brought that filly to the veins. The words of the Sun God had played over and over in his mind, and what needed to be done seemed entirely obvious to Gaucho but...would it to Midas?

"When Gaucho first come here... Kri tell about the Tuuli. Kri also say that Sun God pay-tron God of Dragon's Throat...that means this his land. He watch over it. After Kri say that, Gaucho go to Veins - to leave gift at Sun God's shrine, and say that Gaucho will always protect Throat. But then - " Gaucho lowered his brow to Midas' height as a bright light of awe gleamed in his stormy gaze. Had he known that interactions Midas had with the Earth God, he likely would have been shocked with awe - as it was, Gaucho felt proud and lucky to have had the experience he did. "- he appear My-das! He tell Gaucho he will give him magic, and all Gaucho have to do is pree-ch. So Gaucho get Onni to help with the words but..." Suddenly Gaucho paused. Although he had gotten better with his words, what he clearly demonstrated that he needed to work on, was phrasing. Suddenly he felt lost in his own sentences, as if he had said too much, and not enough at the same time.

Gaucho's dark flanks heaved as he took a breath, shaking his dark muzzle as if to start over. "Kri not here. This our herd. Sun God protects this land - Sun God good to Gaucho. Gaucho want....Gaucho want knew rule. Kri say that no ah-lee-gents has to be given to Sun God. Gaucho think it does."

At that, his jaw clamped shut. Diplomacy felt...awkward to the dun. He was a warrior - and while he wasn't absolutely certain that he could best Midas in a fight, he felt a certain amount of confidence. Thus, asking for something, when he could simply take it, was not something he was used to. But there was another feeling he acknowledged deep within, he didn't want to fight Midas (except for fun, of course).

Image Credits

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

quote quote quote
quote quote quote

Fina had lost her interest in the silver snake—she had long been taught that said serpent couldn’t be wrest from his owners caress. To do so would inflict an unamendable injure that could only be bested by torture for eternity. Aside from irritated glance my phoenix went about her business without so much as a second glance towards Mara.

Guacho greets me gently, though there is a worry on his brow and a lingering unease in our greeting. My own lines furrow with slight concern as to what had stressed my favorite brother in arms. When he says we needed to break words I settle into the ground instinctively, sliding wings tighter against their sheath and cocking weight to my right hip. His words are slow in their coming, but quick in my understanding. I’d been around him enough to mark his speech with ease. Though, the meaning he produces didn’t bring rise to either a smile or frown; I simply stood by, listening and thinking upon the idea my fellow Sultan offered. To form an alliance with the Sun? Finally Guacho finished speaking, shifting his gaze to me with an abrupt expectancy that was noticeable yet nonthreatening.

My mind turned to a personal Lord. Earth. “For many a year my family has sworn their bond with Earth; knowing that it was Sun who guarded our steps.” Considering to myself, words fell short and quiet, “It was the way of my father, and his before him.” Sun had done many things to ensure the safety of his clan. After a moment I added, . “I’d say there is no harm in this. Perhaps we bring request to the herd, see what they might say on the matter?”

Image by: Sei
Table by: Brit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]
Ascended Helovian

Both Gaucho and Mara intently listened to the paint's words. The pair was surprised to learn that Midas' allegiance was given to the God of the Earth. This seemed...odd, to Gaucho's simple mind. What was better than a good warrior? A better one - and the best would take them all. Thus, what was better than a good God, well, a better one of course. Helovia would wither and die without the sun - that much had been tasted during the eternal night of few seasons back. But...were the earth simply to fall away into the nothingness of the sky, the Sun would still remain. Still, Gaucho would not question his friend's beliefs. He had been in Helovia far longer, and perhaps knew something of the Earthen God's power, that he did not.

Gaucho's antlered skull bowed in silent disagreement as Midas offered putting the suggestion to the herd. Were they not chosen to be their protectors? To do what's best? The herd was...flighty and often rash, as he had witnessed during their last herd meeting. Most wanted to simply jump on whatever band wagon was currently passing through, without any thoughts of their own. However the dun did not voice these opinions. Tesssssssst, Mara whispered in his mind, to which Gaucho agreed. Midas had said that he would have to work on his verbal skills...was this merely an opportunity to do so? One that had a personal reward should he succeed?

Gaucho's dark ears twitched as all of this processed in his simple mind, finally culminating in a snort and a nod. "Yes to herd. Gaucho make them see that this is best decision - " Then pausing, he quickly looked up, opening his dark lips to clarify. "-with words. Gaucho do with words."

Image Credits