the Rift

[OPEN] One More Day [Herd Meeting]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

For One More Day, I'm Not Afraid to Fall

One by one they came, following the sound of his cry.

The first creature that seemed to arrive from his beckon had been Eytan, much to Apollo's immense surprise. The familiar form of the bumbling brown grizzly was a welcome sight, a reprieve almost, knowing that Ktulu had witnessed his victory and that she was nearby. She would always be nearby, Apollo had realized some time ago, making sure that he was well... And honestly, the battered Chief wished she would not hide from the shadows, but come forth and stand at his side once more. Perhaps not as Chieftess of the Foothills, but even just a member of his homeland. He missed her immensely, but that was a thought for another time. Instead, the stallion lowered his weary head and nosed Eytan as the bear plopped down at his side, smelling both the familiar smells of the grizzly himself and Ktulu upon his coat.

"Hello, Eytan."

The Merciful's head lifted as the rest arrived. Ciceron offered him words of congratulations upon his victory over Confutatis, and Apollo's lips twisted upwards only slightly in a smile. "Thank you, brother."

Then Locket, the stallion who had served alongside Apollo in the Grey as an Executioner. During their time in the Grey, Apollo had never spoken to Locket, at least not directly, but he had known of the fierce Executioner's loyalty to Ktulu and Ophelia. How long ago that life seems... Nodding his head towards the Warrior, Apollo greeted him formally. "Aye, Locket, well met to you again. Even though the Grey is no more, I'm glad that you've remained here, brother, for we need strong warriors to keep our home safe."

And then, well... Apollo could not anticipate for what came next. A young, dark thing named Colt seemed to stir up quite a frenzy, and Apollo was honored by the individuals who immediately spoke to stick up for him and the Foothills as a whole. Soulful honey-brown eyes lingered upon Phaedra at her words, and he outstretched his muzzle towards her in a motion of peace. There was no missing the look of guilt that pinched the Opulent's pretty face, and Apollo found he didn't like seeing such a look there. He held no ill-will towards Phaedra for allowing Confutatis to come into their home... If anything, he had brought it upon himself for being the gentle soul that he was.

Phaedra, Solace, and even Archibald the Dauntless spoke of his praise, and the entirety of it would have made Apollo squirm in embarassment if he had been well enough to do so. Yet his wounds plagued him and pained him, and so the Merciful simply stood with his head held at half-mast, watching the bickering between his herdmates with growing sorrow. Why must they fight? Hadn't there been enough of it as it was? At Archibald's words, for Heavens, they meant so much, Apollo gave the massive black goliath a honorable nod of his head. Thank you, brother...

Archibald had gone from the Foothills, but Apollo also wished he would stay. "Archibald... Thank you for your support in us. If... If you ever wish for a place of respite, please know that you're welcome here. You'll always be welcome here."

Looking to Colt, Apollo dipped his head downwards slowly at her words in a nod. Despite their cruel honesty, she was right. "You speak the truth, Colt," he began, his voice lacking anything but professionalism, "There are many here who serve the Foothills with their body and minds, but we do lack forces that could protect us if the need ever arose. I do not doubt anyone's abilities here; your words and praise and dedication, not only to me, but to our home in its entirety have proven that... But sometimes that isn't enough." Pausing, the stallion took a heavy breath, his sides heaving as he looked around at all the collected faces. "I am no soldier, surely all of you know that. I was a medic. I have no solid, battle-born backgrounds like many of you do have, and perhaps it was luck that I won over Confutatis today... But should the need arise that I should put myself bodily in front of any of you, I would do so in a second... But my desires and willingness to serve you all won't keep us safe from an invasion. We must train, we must strengthen ourselves, or next time... We may not be able to call the Foothills our home."

Then, Lakota arrived, all fire, grit, and sharp wit and everything else that Apollo found alluring about her. Passion and love is what compelled her to speak, but Apollo knew Lakota may never admit it. Instead, he listened to her words, a conflicted claw grappling at his heart. This bickerment is not what he wanted to occur, but... Perhaps it simply needed to be done. Oh, the woes of leadership. As Lakota moved to face him, Apollo's head lifted once more and he offered her a smile. Like she, he could fondly remember when a youthful play-date at the ocean took a terrible turn for the worse.

"Thank you, Lakota... You... You've done so much for me, for us. I could never repay you, as much as I want to." His eyes remained upon her as she moved closer and brushed her lips upon him, her Godly gifts of healing working their miracles upon him. Wounds closed, pains faded, and soon the stallion lifted his head upright, releasing a sigh as though a large weight had been pulled from his shoulders. "Thank you..."

"First, we must have peace amongst ourselves; a nation divided will fall as soon as the hounds of war begin barking at our doors." Here, Apollo's gaze flicked to Colt. He did not feel anger for her words... She was simply stating the truth. "Allies will be a necessity, and I will gladly step foot into any meeting that transpires to gain us some. I agree with Lakota, as well; where we once called the Asylum our enemies, perhaps it is in them that we should find brothers and sisters in arms. I already have a... Personal connection to the Sultan of the Dragon's Throat, and even though past choices upon the Grey have sullied our names, I believe he would be willing to overlook any transgressions that may have occured to build a foundation for kinship."

"If there is any suggestions, please... Do not hestitate to speak up. I'd like to hear them, as I'm sure Phaedra would." Here, he turned his head, smiling towards the Chieftess. "Perhaps we should send our spies out to gather information, Phaedra? What do you think? And in names of negotiations... What would you all say if we were to introduce a new sect into our fold? Delegates, of sorts, to keep in good words with each of the other herdlands? Do we have any volunteers who may be interested in such a thing?"

Apollo's questions were honest, for he would not make a decision without consulting his family, first. Their opinions, albeit different, were precious.

[ooc: Sorry for the wait, everyone. <3]

For One More Day, We Try to Save it All

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
One More Day [Herd Meeting] - by Apollo - 12-14-2013, 06:31 AM
RE: One More Day [Herd Meeting] - by Ktulu - 12-14-2013, 10:13 AM
RE: One More Day [Herd Meeting] - by Ciceron - 12-14-2013, 09:47 PM
RE: One More Day [Herd Meeting] - by Locket - 12-18-2013, 08:48 PM
RE: One More Day [Herd Meeting] - by Colt - 12-19-2013, 01:25 AM
RE: One More Day [Herd Meeting] - by Phaedra - 12-19-2013, 01:14 PM
RE: One More Day [Herd Meeting] - by Solace - 12-19-2013, 03:42 PM