[PRIVATE] Pendulum

Roy Posts: 22
Dragon's Throat Stallion atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4 [ages in frostfall] HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

They say that with age comes wisdom.

Well, that's complete bullshit.

The stallion thought as he trotted on his way. He didn't know where he was going. he knew he shouldn't be leaving the dragons throat at the moment, but he couldn't stand it any more. He had not seen Sia since they'd joined the herd together. He'd come along with her to keep her safe, not so she could run off by herself again. Even with the return of the sun, it was still too dangerous for the little filly to be out there by herself.

The stallion had come out here to look for her, to at least make sure she was okay, and as he had traveled farther north, the effects of orangemoon had been more obvious. As of right now, he was trotting through a Thistle Meadow that was covered in a layer of frozen dew. It had yet to melt because the sun was not quite over the cnopy of trees that marked the dark forest border in the distance. As such, the sky was pale yellow and pink and the stallion was shrouded in long, stretching shadows.

He slowed to a stop in front of a stream and lowered his head to drink some of the icy water. His breath came out in steam and caused ripples to spread across the already bubbling stream and laughed to himself when he lifted his head and water dripped from his muzzle. The icy water hit his stomach like a kick in the guts, but there was nothing he could do about it- it was this or nothing, and the stallion didn't think he could go on for much longer without something to quench his thirst.

Raising his head, he let out a snort and shook his mane to shake off the water dripping off his muzzle before it froze to the tips of his whiskers. Looking for his daughter had taken him far from the borders of the Dragon's Throat, and while he now felt accustomed to having so many companions surrounding him at all times, he was thoroughly enjoying the solitude. The silence allowed him the ability to think quietly for once and he found himself able to reflect on his life. So much had happened in his life, and not all of it he could comprehend. he was the product of a forbidden romance, raised by whom he had once called brother... although now that he knew the truth he realized how foolish he had been not to notice the connection between himself and who he now knew as his father.

He had lived most of his entire life trying to live up to a legacy when he had no idea how profound the legacy really was, and in the end had not even come close to doing it justice. In all honesty, he thought himself a failure. He had failed as a brother, had failed as a son, and now that he had lost Sia, he was failing as a father as well. This trail of thoughts made the stallion lower his head in the beginnings of depression.

On any other day, Roy would not be feeling this way. Actually, he would be, but he was a master at hiding his real self. Lying about yourself came easy when your whole life has been built on a lie. Roy had not expected it to hurt so much, but it did. For the first time in his short life, the stag was having trouble controlling his anguish. He was only glad that he was alone because that meant no one would see him like this.

Or... so he thought.

Adrixaura, played by Katie
Waiting on her to get Adri out of AA, this is her incentive. :P

Adrixaura Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A d r i x a u r a
hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die,
then life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
It feels amazing to be back here. To feel the cooling air of Orangemoon filled her lungs to the brink is enough to make her kick her heels up and charge it head first into the battlezone. There isn't a battlezone today, not today but maybe in the distant future, that she can take part in. Instead, as the air lets Frostfall take over, she wanders back to the meadows, her thoughts not even directed towards her lost family. While she disappeared, she got her things together and finally went to visit relatives.
They had been more than pleased to see her.
At the end of heart-felt goodbyes, she left home to return to her new one. Where ever Sikeax found herself off to, she didn't mind these days. The child was almost a year now, and didn't exist as the Devil's Advocate's issue anymore. Children had been her thing, keeping her eyes upon the ones her mother birthed. It wasn't until she had her own that she saw the difficulty to that task.
Each day she tells herself that her daughter is doing well. Each day she lies to herself and likes to think that Roy is dead. He did the kid as much good as she had done.
She lies to herself a lot more than she means to by the time reality steps in and has the balls to set her straight.
A cooling wave meets her stomach as she drinks. The water in the river will be iced soon with snow to cover the earth. The animals will flee to hibernate, and she won't have to be bothered by them much more. While her mind is preoccupied by the changing world, she doesn't have much time to pay attention to that disgusting smell in the air. It wrinkles her white muzzle up, bursting out her annoyance in a loud snort. Her eyes carry their gaze about to find the source, and soon enough, there is it.
Oh, and it hits her so hard that she staggers. Literally. Her back legs are moving about in wrong ways, the limp on her right hind leg now more noticeable. Of everyone she could ever have to see again, it was him. It could of been Kanai's ugly face coming back to beg her on his knees to return home with her. It could of been Adze rolling his eyes at her complaints of how he probably knocked her up. It could of been anyone, just not him.
She falls like a dumbass onto her ass, lying there for a moment with a confused face. I hate you so much right now. I swear by my firstborn's life that I'll have some sort of revenge on this meeting.
"Excuse me?! Roy?! I thought you wouldn't dare your ugly face in my presence ever since you ditched me pregnant in the Foothills. Tell me, why are you here?" She pauses for a moment and thinks, seeing as he might be able to have some sort of connection to her daughter and uses all of it her advantage. "Tell me, have you seen my daughter anyway? I've been visiting family, and was far from out of town."
A slice of worry gets added into her voice just so he might think that she cares about her daughter right now. In reality, she really doesn't. She just likes to nose her way into everyone's business and see what's going on, to see if it's going to benefit her later on.
Finally off the ground and limping along to him, she wears her infamous smile. Her eyelashes flutter like butterfly wings, a helpless flirt when it comes to these sort of things. He might of gotten her pregnant in the past, but she's not going to let it happen again unless she's fully willing. Not this time around, not the next time around.

image credits
table by whit

Loon

A voice called to him. A voice he thought he'd never hear again. A voice that sparked emotions in him that he thought he'd never feel again. His head jerked upwards and he looked towards the source, an expression of disbelief on his face. Her beauty had not been diminished, that was for sure. She was just as capable of leaving him dumbfounded as the last time they had spoken, perhaps moreso. He had not seen her since he had left her pregnant in the foothills, as she so eloquently put it. Her scathing tone cut his heart and his ears pinned back against his skull in shame. yes, it was true. He had failed as a mate as well.

Thank you for adding that to the pile of failures. He thought as resentment overcame his shock. He would lift his head higher and a hardness came to his expression. The tail resting against his hocks flicked a fly from his haunches. She had the audacity to say that he had meant to find her here... and then further to ask her where Sia was. Cold rage flooded his eyes as he glared at her and stomped a hoof to let off some steam.

"Adrixaura... I don't think you deserve to know the whereabouts of my daughter after all that you tried to do to her... and to me." He snorted, a weary darkness entering his tone as he spoke. In the department of failing parents, Adrixaura took the cake in his mind. What she had tried to do was worse than lose sight of her for a bare minute or two... According to his knowledge, Adrixaura had tried to force Sia to do things she did not feel comfortable doing, instead of doing as she should have, which was accept her for who and what she was and allow her to make her own choices- supporting her no matter what.

The fact was, Adrixaura had not seen Sia as a daughter, but more as a tool she could use and that would never sit well with Roy. On top of that, when Sia rebelled against her wishes, Adrixaura had refused to accept her position in the wrong and had blamed him for it- attempting to replace his role in Sia's life with a stranger that neither he, nor Sia, even knew.

Still, h was too weary to fight much and at the very least, he could let the mare know that their offspring was alive and well. "However, since I'm not in the mood for a fight, I suppose you'll be happy to know she's decided to take up the art of healing and has joined one of the four great herds in pursuit of that knowledge. she's off on a medicinal mission now." That was it. That was the bone he was willing to throw at her.

He still did not trust the mare enough to tell her the exact whereabouts of Sia. He didn't think Sia would thank him for that, nor did he particularly want Adrix to try something stupid- like attempting to kidnap his daughter. He turned his head away from her to study the surrounding grasses. His mind began to wander off again, this time wondering if Sia was alright and where she was.

He let out a sigh as he realized that once again, the pair of them were close to blows again. He turned his head back to look at her, studying her more closely and as he did, he was distinctly reminded of that night in the heavenly meadows. Despair crawled into his expression as he thought of how peaceful it had been, and the events that had torn their relationship apart. Now they were meeting again on a similar night, the only thing different was that this time, they were not strangers.

Funny how things swung around full circle, wasn't it?

@[Adrixaura], played by katie
;3

Unregistered

A d r i x a u r a
Both took different paths with their child: Adrixaura had decided to be there for her child when she could, juggling raising a child, leading a band that seemed to recieve hatred at every turn, and then faced the fact that the stallion she left behind came straight back to her. Roy mistook what Adrixaura had done and from the mare's point of view, had his views of her molded to hate her greatly.
All of this turned her stomach into a roll of knots and tangles that would take years to untangle.
"You were never there, Roy. I did nothing to you. Nothing. As for Sikeax, what happened to her was a series of events that occurred due to the fact that I had a lot more on my plate than just her. After we left the Foothills, I spent as much free time I had with her, telling her stories when she asked for them, sleeping beside her and offering gentle lullabies. It was a good time with her, and I do admit that I miss spending time like that with a child. The world decided that my child wasn't going to be my only reponsibility, and snatched time from me the moment I got a hold of it. When I did have time, it was spent with her in attempts to fix the fact that she needed two parents instead of one."
Her eyes burrow into his skin, hating every piece of him and how he now seemed to think of her. Sikeax had always been such a frail thing that had a hard time of keeping up with all of the things that went on with their small little band. At times, Adri was more than welcome for her child to run off for a bit of time to visit her little friends, or to drive Tonka insane when he was around.
"The leads of the Assassins took off when the Edge kidnapped them. Do you have an idea as of what position that left me in? We had no leads, Roy! I stepped in as fast as I could and took over before we lost all of it. They were never around, and with Sikeax so needy for my attention, I went into the Threshold multiple times with her by my side so that she could meet newcomers and others from herds. She seemed to like the time I spent with her. There were times when I wanted to go out with her to hunt for herbs and help bring them home, but never had the time to. And then there was the incident at the Edge. She never told you about that, did she?"
The remains of the night were only the scar on her leg and a few bite marks on her shoulders, breasts, and withers, ones that if you paid attention to you were likely to notice. Her limp was the most noticeable thing, and beautiful mares like herself were never known to have limps like that naturally.
Snorting in disgust at him, she tosses her vision away from him to look about there surroundings. There was a certain lack of visitors today, most of them running south where they could escape the cold air.
He speaks about what her child has become, and it brings a warm smile to her. Relief comes as a wave over her body and she's free. The child was alive and doing better than she had expected the kiddo to do.
"I hope it is not the World's Edge. Sikeax took off when we watched the Basin go to invade the Edge and Throat. I took over full leadership then and she didn't like it. She didn't like it when I left her for just a short amount time with a herd member, telling her if she needed someone badly to go to one of her friend's and their parents until I returned. I promised I wouldn't be long.
"Tonka and Chemical were in the Edge as prisoners, and I left to go and fight for them. I fought the King there, Thor. In the end, I won, but in the process I almost broke my leg and came home barely walking. It must of bothered her, but while I couldn't walk much, I spent the time I'd missed out on with her. Maybe what happened came crashing down on her too hard. She was always like that."

If she was a ghost, she might of taken this moment to hover and do ghostly things til she felt that she was free of the uneasy feeling that was taking their air and smuthering it. There would be an easy escape, but while she is firmly grounded with a body to linger within, there will be no hovering about without some godly powers involved.
Her legs linger forward and she comes closer, the weight breaking downwards when her wounded leg threatens to make her fall. She's so high on a pedastal that a fall would land her in the grave with the rest of her old band.
"The whole time we were together, she'd talk about how she wanted to be a healer. I'm proud of her to know that she found a safer place to stay than out in the Wilds with me and is already following her dreams. It's nice to know she's going for her dreams. Tell her the next time you see her that I'm proud of her and that I love her. I doubt that I'll ever be seeing her again."
Even if those words were truth or just lies the mare wanted to tell herself, they hurt. Roy had taken the child from beneath her wing when her baby needed to accept that not everything is going to be perfect. Such a harsh thing to think, but when the child was so completely ruined of it's mother, there is no room to repair the broken parts.
Her relationship with Sikeax had become like glass: once it shattered, you could try to glue it together though it would never be the same. Pieces would be missing and there would be cracks for everyone to see. Adrixaura was smart, like most would be when it came to broken glass, and chose to sweep up the pieces into a dust pan and throw it out because there's no chance of fixing that.
image credits
table by whit

Loon

Her explanations, the dejected tone in her voice as she spoke the words, was what shattered Roy's resolve to hate her. With his expression softening up, he sighed, snorting as he looked away from her and lowered his head a fraction. She had just been busy- he could sympathize with that. It was difficult to run a herd and be a mother at the same time. Still, that gave her no right to replace him.

Reaching a decision, the stallion began to walk until he was much closer to her. He stretched out his nose in an attempt to touch her own. ".... I don't know how you do it." He muttered, grudging amusement in his tone. "No matter how angry I am at you, every time I see you, I wind up falling in love again. Peace, babe. It's not your fault. I understand that now... I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions." he looked away as though unsure of what to do with himself now that they were in such proximity to each other.

He kept glancing at her, though. It was like he couldn't get enough of looking at her, but was shying away from staring at her. Eventually, he let out a nickered chuckle. "I guess this is what happens when two strangers make love and expect a groundless relationship to last. We barely knew anything about each other that night. We're still no closer to knowing each other than we were that night. I would like to get to know you, though. I've always kind of wanted to know you on a more personal level."

Alarm suddenly overtook his senses and he looked at her quickly. "I don't mean that in a perverted way, though. But... Would you stay with me for a while? Like, we're not done yet... are we?" relaxing a little, he sighed. "Although first I guess I owe you an apology."

"I didn't abandon you because I didn't want to be a father. I was... afraid. My own dad was... well, I'm not going to lie, he was really good at being a dad. In fact, he was really good at just about everything. I've always been living under his shadow. Even now that he's dead, I've been trying to live up to his legacy, but I think I've always known that I'm no where close to what he was. The fear of failing as a dad, of letting my own dad down, kind of made me fail as a dad, you know what I mean? I've been trying to make up for that ever since. First to Sikeax, and now to you. So... will you forgive me?" He asked, his ears pricking forwards hopefully.

Unregistered

A d r i x a u r a
Apologies rise up from the pair, easing tension from the air and softening their faces to a feather-like state that comes out in the most tender of moments. She hears every word he has to say towards her, and when the word 'love' gets inside the conversation, it stops her heart.
How do I find the heart to tell him that love is something I cannot take easily? Betrayal and lying will only end us up at the same spot we just emerged from. My heart has a spot for him that grows, but I have taken no time to think it over.
She slips out of reality for a moment and closes her eyes, dazed until she feels something touch her. Startled, annoyed, and already to aggressive conclusion, she backs up a step before remembering that Roy and her were the only ones in the area. "Excuse me, you must understand that the last to touch me without warning was in a manner of fighting. I am still on edge even though that was almost a year ago." She refuses to bring out the fact that she just didn't want him touching her due to the fact that'd she never be able to trust someone who said they loved her when they weren't family.
His story out, before he spoke it he'd stated that he wanted to know her more. Eyes still shut, she finds the nerve to open them and stare into his. Sikeax is more like him than she ever was her. It's another ten pound weight added to her already heavy heart.
"If you wish to know more about me, I can tell you a few things so you might understand everything that I do more. Even though when I got pregnant with our daughter from you, you weren't the first stranger to come along and set me in such a way."
A reminder that he spoke about his father was there, about how his father did what he could and was in return built to a shrine in the stallion's head. In return, disgust settles in her stomach and she snorts.
"My father, my biological father, was never around. He raped my mother while she was away and she fled back home with me in tow. She gave birth to me and my first memory was of the stallion who raised me bleeding on his head. His name was Onsoun, and he had a shapeshifter follow him around named Kandra. To this day, I still feel bad for Kandra. Onsoun is aggressive and a quick fire, like myself. He didn't have a sharp tongue but my mother's gentle nature could never hide the fact that she did too. Kandra spoke out of line and was beaten most of the time but was never bothered by it. Onsoun always made Kandra follow me and Myrsk about, Myrsk being my Blue Jay. He died on the trip here while we were running."
Shut eyes hold back tears as hard as they can, thinking about the little bird and how he used to drive her nuts. She would always return that favour, but at times it fell useless.
"He refused to let me carry him and chose to fly. He flew till his heart gave out, and I never spent enough time mourning him. He is still my only true friend.
"When I got older, I went out on my own with a lot of who I used to be in me. My beauty alone got me a lot of places, and I used it a bit too much. One night I met a man named Kanai, both of us alone not counting Myrsk. I followed him home thinking I could use him to get a few things I wanted and leave. He decided to keep me and make me his personal Queen in a concentration camp. He fell in love, and I used everything I was given against him. He let me. If you think you know stupid, go a million times further than that and you had Kanai. In a way, I broke him and made him fall. I don’t care anymore. Instead being a lead, I was a prisoner. He never let me leave, so I ran off in the nights. He cgased me after two different stallions took me and one made off with me. He chased me halfway here and then I tricked him, and that was the end of him. You know the rest."

Waving her head to release the excess amounts of words and thoughts from her head, she finds ways to break herself up. She needs to apologize and to accept his, to tell him that she is unsure if she completely trusts him. There’s a gut feeling and she needs to go with it or she’ll never be at peace.
In the end, she does exactly what her gut tells her to do.
"I forgive you, as long as you forgive me. I hope you understand that I love you, in some weird way, but my trust isn’t fully set in stone. Don’t think it’s your fault that it isn’t, only remember that Kanai ruined me more than anyone else in my life and set me so that I can’t trust a soul. I don’t even trust my own daughter, now isn’t that just sick?"
It’s sick, really it is. It is sicker than sick to know that you could not trust your own child, and there would be whole days that Adrixaura would spend trying to figure out why she couldn’t trust that precious thing. Change was harsh, and change wasn’t harsh enough now to fix that issue.
Even change couldn’t fix the fact that she just told Roy she loved him, but wasn’t ever going to be able to accept any loyalty he had to her. If the man wish to run wild like her kid, let it be. His business was as much of her business, vice versa.
image credits
table by whit

Loon

The stud listened in silence as she spoke, carefully paying attention to every word she spoke and as her story unfolded, he felt himself connecting with her on a more subconscious level. He had said nothing of the events of his past, just of the way he felt about being a dad and being honest for what may be the first time EVER about the fact that he was still mourning the loss of his bro... his father. The fact that she felt the need to reward his honesty with her life story touched him, and made him feel, strangely happy in spite of the sadness that she had experienced.

As he listened to her talk about Kanai, Roy actually being to realize something- the reason he had been so smitten with her. As she spoke of all of her various escapades against Kanai, he realized that Adrixaura was a mare that did not need protecting. Being around her was a breath of fresh air from all the damsels in distress he'd met, and with that realization, he felt himself falling in love with her even more, but sensibly. When she finally finished speaking, he stepped closer, tentatively, to drape his neck over her withers in a sort of hug. Maybe he was throwing caution to the wind, what with her jumpy attitude and all, but he really did feel like he needed to soothe her fears by gentle physical contact.

"I appreciate you opening up to me, Adri." he nickered, turning his neck around to face her head. Although, since she was still a few inches taller than him, he wound up resting his cheek bone against her shoulder. "It means a lot to me that you would tell me all of this, ad if you don't feel like you can trust me completely yet, I understand. We'll take it as slowly as you want. I don't mind, really. Considering all that you've been through, I don't really blame you for being slow to trust anyone. I was like that for a while as well, actually. That is... until I met you."

"I showed it differently, though. Very differently. My dam was the lead mare to a nomadic herd wandering the outskirts of Helovia. Her lead stallion was a possessive man, and he was jealous of any and all contact she had with other stallions, so he kept her on a tight chain, never letting her out of his sight, always worried that she would leave him, or that she would find someone better. The situation did not allow much love to grow between them, and so my mother felt nothing for her lead stallion. One day, she managed to get lost from the herd as they were grazing in a new area right after the daily move. That was when she met my father. He was stoic and... well, somewhat of an enigma. A white stallion with amber eyes who was known to wander the land just as frequently as her own herd did. My father was strong enough to defeat my mother's lead, and take the entire herd for himself, however, he chose not to, because he preferred... a different approach."

"My father was one of those studs who wandered around the outskirts of other herds and sneak-breeding with the mares who were in season. He kept his heart and his mind guarded, and usually he felt nothing for the mares he bred. My mother was his downfall. He fell in love with her- she was spirited and a little bit snarky. She had to be- it was what kept her going in her predicament. He offered to spirit her away, but she declined. Without her, the rest of the herd would suffer and she couldn't allow that to happen."

"Still, things only became more complicated when my mother found she was pregnant. She had been careful, making herself go into heat again because she wanted her lead to think the foal was his. The ruse would at least last throughout her pregnancy, however, when I was born, and I looked more like my father and less like the lead of my mother's herd, the stud was furious. My mother gave me up to my father in order to save my life, and so I grew up thinking that my sire was actually my bro, since he had me call him that instead of dad. I never saw my mother again after that... I don't even know if she's still alive."

"Traveling with my sire was fun. He taught me pretty much everything I know today. Most of it was about how to survive, but when I was old enough to be weaned from the surrogate mother that my father had found for me, he started teaching me to fight. I learned a lot, despite the fact that I always lost our spars. My sire was faster than lightning, and powerful enough to kick over a sycamore tree. You'd think he'd go easy on me, but I don't think he did. Even if he had, I probably still would have lost."

He paused, the thoughts of his early life bring a bittersweet feeling to his stomach. He could remember it like it was yesterday- because his sire liked to catch him off guard, Roy had no idea when he was going to be attacked next. Thinking about it, a young colt romping through the forest and then all the sudden being attacked by a fully grown stallion and getting his butt kicked into the ground, made him chuckle a little. However, the constant warzone relationship that he and his brother... he had to stop thinking about him like that- his father set up was beneficial in the long run. It toughened Roy up fast and even though he always lost the spars, as he grew older and learned more, the spars were gradually less one-sided, and Roy started to hold his own... for at least a while anyways. Then his father would do something completely random, break through his guard, and then the beating would begin. Roy couldn't remember a single day lived back then where he wasn't aching from some kind of bruise.

They were well earned, mind you, and Roy never complained about them- to complain was to show weakness, and so he began to learn how to bottle up his pain, which soon broadened into bottling up other emotions as well. Until he became as stoic and unreadable as his father- a poker face as unbreakable as his fathers formed in Roy. The stallion shook his head out of his reverie, suddenly realizing he had gone silent in the middle of his story.

"S-sorry. Anyways, I grew up not only thinking that he was untouchable, but knowing he was, because of how many times he had defeated me, even when I was older and more capable of defending myself. So one day... I was almost 2 years old, I went in search of some medicine because I was getting over a cold- this was during the very end of frostfall, when it was apparent that birdsong was on its way. the point is, we split up and it was when I heard a bear roaring that I realized something was wrong. I ran towards the sound and sure enough, my father was fighting off a grizzly."

He glanced over at her and then lowered his head, the shame evident in his tone as he continued. "I should have helped him. I should have done something. Anything. But my bro, the stallion who had raised me, whom I thought was untouchable, was injured. There were long bear claw marks running down his neck, the blood stained his white coat crimson and pink and at the sight of it... I just... I froze up. My legs couldn't move, I knew I should have helped him, but I was terrified, and it kind of felt like the foundations of everything I'd ever known were being torn apart."

Roy paused again for a long time, his breathing heavy as he realized he was fighting back tears. he realized he most look like the biggest wimp ever, but in truth, this was the first time he had EVER spoken about what actually happened, to anyone. It was always going to be a rough ride. When Roy finally regained control of himself enough to continue, he cleared his throat and started talking again.

"I watched helplessly as my bro, the stallion I idolized and kind of resented openly at the time, faced his only defeat. He was torn apart by that grizzly, and only when the bear turned towards me did I realize what I was doing. I fled. Like a coward, I fled. I don't think I've ever run so fast in my life. But see, without my bro, I didn't have anywhere to go, I didn't know what to do, and as the loss of my sire settled in, I realized it was my fault. If I had snapped out of my terror and had run to help him, he might still be alive... At the end of a year's worth of useless wandering I found myself here in Helovia's Threshold. You know the rest."

As his own story finished, the stallion shuddered. The story had made him feel worse, and yet in it's completion, he felt strangely content. As if telling the story had lightened the weight of his guilt somehow. He glanced back towards her head, wondering what she would say or if she would say nothing at all.

I... wow. o-o;

Unregistered

Consciousness fading out as words pass through his lips, her ears pricked forward with curiosity and the need to know what he has to say after her own speaking. He touches her. The touch to her body is a forbidden action that usually ends in blood of herself and the one who dare touch her precious hide. You don't ever walk into strip clubs and then rub hands all over the dancers, even if Adrixaura was an exotic dancer,- she had more than just the looks, the attitude, all the whole nine yards, but her height and limp wouldn't make her a good one- things would still remain the same.
One cannnot simply expect a lady to be birthed with such beauty and difficult bloodlines and expect her to be a friendly type when the world is lusting to run lustful fingers over such an exotic body.
Her reaction and choice of comeback is a jump, her spine tensing beneath her pale colours and baby-blues narrowing. That touch was unneeded, but she lets him slide off with it because he is learning to accept her more than the rest had done. Onsoun manipulated her into his precious child while neglecting his own flesh and blood daughter for one that is only the kid of the mare he was so in love with. Her grandsire tried to place good in her while teaching her a soldier's fighting skills for it to back fire in his face. No one complained when she was forced to wear a crown and sit atop a throne when it was not her.
Silence gets a foot-hold between the two of them, and when he apologizes, she merely shakes her head to show him that his apology holds no worth to her ears and that the pause was nothing to her. If he wanted a moment to stand back and think, then let him be.
"Take your time; neither of us are in a rush."
A few more words and she feels the air between the two of them shift. His shame coats their breathing space, aware to all of those around them. Her eyes go to him and if she had eyebrows, they'd be raised in worry as why he was acting in such a manner. For the emotions that came off of her, they were dull and lifeless, tucked deep into her chest where she would pretend little Myrsk would be there to feel them come off her when no one would even know they were there. Her ears move about for a song, little chirpings and tunes that they would share between each. They'd break out into arguements and things would go from there. Their relationship was more of sibling rivalry than anything else.
He has halted his voice now, and finally taking note to their silence, she digs about her thoughts to return him spoken apologizes and worries. "I'm sorry. Onsoun just about died on us at one point and I spent the remainder of my time back in my home attempting to kill the bitch that did it. His first born tried to kill him because he neglected her and picked me over her.
"As for you leaving him like that, it is understandable. We make our mistakes, and it may of been his time to go. While I thought Onsoun dying, I took off and left him with my crying mother. I ignored my mother afterwards and when she birthed a stillborn daughter with a completely healthy colt still thinking her lover dead, it shattered her brain. She shamed me and by that I committed a crime worse than what you expected yourself to have done."

Pulling away, moving slow and trying to get her scarred leg to work with her, she almost stumbles. Its laughed off without a second thought. "Neither of us need to dwell within our past mistakes anymore, for if they are haunting us now, we cannot live in the present and enjoy what we have now."

"talk talk talk talk."

Image Courtesy of Alex

Loon

He let her move away from him, although worry for her limp etched itself into his brain. She was injured, permanently it seemed. He flicked an ear in contemplation and as she spoke, he followed to stand alongside her. Although not too close this time, considering her reaction to his touching her. The stallion flicked his tail towards her playfully as the contentment of having everything, or most everything, out in the open having affected his mood and her words made him feel even better. Closing his eyes, he thought about Bro's bloodstained, dismembered face and then he saw the white stallion trotting alongside him through a forest path.

It might have been silly, but the sharing of his story of guilt had helped Roy come to terms with the loss. The guilt weighing on him all this time did not feel so heavy any more, and he felt that if he tried hard, he may be able to let go of his grief. Opening his eyes, he glanced towards her as his mind thought of Sia and now that he had forgiven Adrixaura, he didn't have a single problem telling her where their daughter was.

"The Dragon's Throat." He snorted the words and then elaborated further. "Sikeax and I have joined the Dragon's Throat. If I were a lesser stallion, I would beg you to come with us, but I'm not, I won't make you come with me, and I know you won't anyways. I did want to thank you, though. Sikeax is an engaging filly, and she's the pride of my life right now. Thank you for birthing her..." He nickered, his voice soft. Looking away, he was able to pluck up the courage to ask what had been on his mind rrecently. "I was... ahem- thinking I might want to sire another foal soon, actually."

Embarrassment made him unable to meet her gaze or look at her. it was an awkward question, he knew it. One that was easy to take the wrong way. "I'd like for you to be it's mother. If that's okay, I mean." He flattened both his ears out of shame and still found it hard to look towards her. "I'd like for all my foals to be birthed by a mare as intelligent and pretty as you..." He muttered, nervously glancing towards her for a split second before looking anywhere else but at her.

In which Roy is an adorable, pervy idiot. xD