the Rift

[OPEN] The Fire

Alina Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The dove heard hoof beats over the hard, red sand. A dull unmistakable thud accompanied by the faintest rustle of feathers told Alina that the approaching horse was a pegasus. And the scent informed her that it was a mare of the Throat. Alina turned and in the light of the stars she saw a bay mare dressed solely in brown and black. She was adorned with a broach of silk and bone and in a way she reminded Alina of Gaucho.

The dove received her herdmate with a smile. She had heard many times how the members of the Throat greeted each other and for the first time she used the greeting herself. "Good evening, sister." It felt good to call the other mare “sister”, it felt like she finally took the last step into the herd; that she was now really part of the family."Although I guess ‘evening’ has passed us by."

"My name is Alina Josephina, a pleasure meeting you Megaera. I joined the Dragon’s Throat only this Tallsun, but I already feel at home." The dove offered a warm smile and gestured towards the fire. "Please, join me by the fire. Unless you have other things to attend to?"

She hoped the bay mare would want to stay.

"I have met Lord Gaucho, he saved my life when I had just arrived here. He and Midas are great Sultans. In fact I think everybody I have met since I came here are lovely people. I have never experienced a quite so warm welcome as I have received here, have you?" She said while turning back to watch the mesmerizing flames. Her normally gleeful demeanor was somewhat dimmed down this night, no doubt because of her uncertain future. But she still smiled broadly at her herdmate and even though Megaera seemed a bit unpracticed in socializing the dove didn’t mind her company at all. On the contrary she was immensely happy to not be alone this starlit night.

"Tell me Megaera, from where do you hail?"

She felt good talking to someone, even though it wasn’t Africa who had come. Anyway the dove knew she couldn’t expect the dappled mare to be awake at this hour. Frankly she couldn’t expect anyone to be and yet there she was; talking to Megaera. Alina felt rather blessed this night despite her possibly impending doom.

ooc; I don't mind at all<3

locolobo.net

@[Megaera]

Messages In This Thread
The Fire - by Alina - 12-14-2013, 06:29 PM
RE: The Fire - by Megaera - 12-15-2013, 01:06 AM
RE: The Fire - by Alina - 12-15-2013, 08:57 AM
RE: The Fire - by Megaera - 12-17-2013, 10:02 PM
RE: The Fire - by Alina - 12-20-2013, 04:55 PM
RE: The Fire - by Megaera - 12-21-2013, 08:50 PM
RE: The Fire - by Alina - 12-26-2013, 03:01 PM
RE: The Fire - by Megaera - 12-30-2013, 04:08 AM