the Rift

[OPEN] The Fire

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

keep on walking, soldier girl, home is far behind you

Megaera had once called a frozen tundra “home” but that now seemed such an unfitting word to call it. In her nearly three years there she had seen half the kindness and welcome that had come her way in barely two months in Helovia. The little soldier girl inside her kept waiting for an ambush, for someone to break this stream of smiles and soft words. Here in Dragon’s Throat it seemed that she was going to have to get used to being a part of a herd that actually wanted her there.

Warmed by the bright flames in their little dance, it was so easy for Meg to forget the night. The pretty little white thing before here, Alina Josephina she said her name was, smiled at her with such sweetness that she was quite disarmed. As contrary as it might have been to the habits she had built up, as the little dove spoke and called her ‘sister’, Megaera found herself smiling back and relaxing. So used to the company of other females being tainted with scorn and disinterest, Megaera for the sensation of comforting female companionship so novel, but it was such a pleasant feeling, just like she had met Africa in the threshold. So unexpected, so incredibly dear.

”Well met, Alina Josephina.” she said, her low voice calm as she grew ever more so. At the invitation, Meg stepped up closer to the fire and the white mare. “A warm welcome indeed. I was greeted back at the threshold by Gaucho, and a mare named Africa as well, perhaps you’ve met her? I only just arrived here at Dragon’s Throat, but I’m already learning to like it quite a bit.”

Thinking about where she’d come from inevitably made the circumstances of her departure flash in front of Megaera’s mind’s eye. An involuntary flash of defiance, of anger ran across her features. He deserved it! For all her father had done and all he’d failed to do, surely she had been justified. But with that old rage and resentment guilt still stirred, and she always tried so hard to move on. In an act of defiance she had woven his bone into her mane, but sometimes it felt more like a chain that a trophy. Meg must have noticed that she’d been lost in memories for a moment, so she shook her head to clear it. “Sorry… ah.. North of here, and quite far east of here too, I suppose.” she said with a sheepish smile, casting around for a change of subject, I like it much better here, that’s for certain.”

Her eyes found the fire again and latched onto that. “This…um… this fire. There’s something odd about it isn’t there? I’ve already heard and seen a bit of the magic of this land, is this something special too?

FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
The Fire - by Alina - 12-14-2013, 06:29 PM
RE: The Fire - by Megaera - 12-15-2013, 01:06 AM
RE: The Fire - by Alina - 12-15-2013, 08:57 AM
RE: The Fire - by Megaera - 12-17-2013, 10:02 PM
RE: The Fire - by Alina - 12-20-2013, 04:55 PM
RE: The Fire - by Megaera - 12-21-2013, 08:50 PM
RE: The Fire - by Alina - 12-26-2013, 03:01 PM
RE: The Fire - by Megaera - 12-30-2013, 04:08 AM
RE: The Fire - by Alina - 01-08-2014, 03:00 PM
RE: The Fire - by Megaera - 01-08-2014, 03:56 PM