the Rift

[OPEN] The Fire

Alina Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Pink muzzle softly trembling in anticipation of a laugh or a scolding; emerald eyes filled with embarrassment; tiny ears flicking nervously; slender body tense and stiff. For the moment Alina wished that she could turn back time and take back her question. But she also wondered why the slightest error in her behavior threw her entirely off track. Why did her self-esteem insist on riding this rollercoaster? Why was she feeling so calm and self assured one second and so insignificant and insecure the next? She was not being fair to herself; in her strong moments she created situations that made her weak. Why couldn’t she just relax?!

The dove could see and hear the signs of laughter in Megaera’s features and her heart sank. Again she cursed herself and that didn’t really help her in her plight. She tried desperately to reach that state of self assurance that she desired, but to no avail. She felt as if she was shrinking with every passing moment; soon she’d be so small and insignificant that an ant could trample her. She expected the bay mare to break into laughter any second, but instead something amazing happened…

Alina thought she would never seize to be amazed by the kindness of those residing in the Dragon’s Throat. Where she had been expecting taunting laughter she received a sisterly ruffle of her silky forelock.

With a sigh the girl relaxed. Tension slid off her slender body like a wet blanket and she turned to Megaera with a warm, thankful smile. She listened carefully to every word the bay mare uttered and made sure that she etched every one of them into her memory. She was extra careful to take note of the warnings she was given; she didn’t know it then, but Megaera’s warnings would sway Alina’s orientation even more towards mares.

"Thank you, Megaera, for not laughing at me." Alina said. Speaking openly now that she felt secure again. "Sometimes I seem to be a little bit too open." She gave a shy laugh and flicked her ears.

"Also I am very thankful for your advice, I will remember your warnings and I will be careful."

Since she had no siblings and her only foalhood friend had been a colt Alina had always wanted a big sister. It most likely had to do with her complicated relationship to her mother and to Josephina, and now a tiny spark of hope started glowing inside her that maybe Megaera could make that wish come true. The dove was glad now that she had asked the question because it seemed to have formed bonds between her and the bay that would have taken longer to appear had she not been so open.

Suddenly Alina yawned and her eyelids dropped slightly. "Oh, I didn’t notice how tired I was." she said and smiled as she gazed into the flames of the fire before them. Slowly, very slowly she began to fold her front legs. Every movement tugged on her marred skin, but it didn’t hurt all too much. When she was finally on the ground she looked up at her herd sister and said with another yawn: "I think I will sleep here by the fire tonight. Will you stay with me?"

The skies above were covered in glittering stars and maybe it was because Alina was tired, but the reflection of the stars in Megaera’s eyes created the illusion of the night sky being visible through the bay mares black pools; as if the heavens resided inside her soul. However, it made Alina feel safe.

ooc; hehe yes! So cute :D

I must say I love Megaera's design, I often find that less is more when it comes to character design and I think you nailed it!

locolobo.net

Messages In This Thread
The Fire - by Alina - 12-14-2013, 06:29 PM
RE: The Fire - by Megaera - 12-15-2013, 01:06 AM
RE: The Fire - by Alina - 12-15-2013, 08:57 AM
RE: The Fire - by Megaera - 12-17-2013, 10:02 PM
RE: The Fire - by Alina - 12-20-2013, 04:55 PM
RE: The Fire - by Megaera - 12-21-2013, 08:50 PM
RE: The Fire - by Alina - 12-26-2013, 03:01 PM
RE: The Fire - by Megaera - 12-30-2013, 04:08 AM
RE: The Fire - by Alina - 01-08-2014, 03:00 PM
RE: The Fire - by Megaera - 01-08-2014, 03:56 PM