the Rift

[OPEN] A Wayward Wanderer's Return

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
déodat,

The layers of stone and ice that had formed around the Blood Prince’s heart nearly cracked at the reaction of his friend. She pleaded for the filly to stay in vain. Once again, he snorted and shook his head. The sadness on his friend’s features made the frown grow larger on his features, when he should’ve perhaps been offering a smile. After casting a quick glance around to ensure no one else was within view, the Blood Prince lightly pressed his nose against his friend’s shoulder in hopes of lightening her spirits. After mere second or so he pulled away. That ridiculous manly pride of his would never let him express such intimate acts so openly, especially if others of similar rank were amongst them. Such displays belonged in places of solitude and moments of emotional intimacy should never be enacted in such open places. An exception had been made though. After all the months of separation and abandonment, a brief moment of reassurance would be of no waver to his pride.

Her face lightened once again, and she told all had been returned safely. Good. Then a question passed from her lips. Did she error? “Lena, I think that filly was just oversensitive. If I’m correct, she’s probably in that age where she’s just about to reach maturity, so she is just chockfull of emotion and hormones.” Since when did he know anything about fillies? It wasn’t as if he had neither children of his own nor any sisters. Of course, he had grown up beside many a filly In his time… So, perhaps he did know of what he spoke… somewhat. “I wouldn’t fret much over how we might’ve offended a filly, they get offended over everything.” It very well could be regarded as cruel, but someday Déodat hoped that rude little filly would get a reality check.

Their conversation moved on from the petty offense of a child to yet another subject his friend wished to avoid. With her response he once again didn’t press into things deeper. Then the Blood Prince heard a question aimed toward him. How were his travels… A simplistic question on the surface, dig beneath into the complicated spectrum of emotion behind it all a whole new level of conflict arose. Plenty of single words came to mind when he thought of the journey, solitary, pointless, dull, lonely, foolish… That wasn’t all. Another thought hit him. Maybe his journeys hadn’t been as pointless as he would like to believe.

“Honestly, there was seemingly no point to it at all. Looking back on it now I realized it made something incredibly clear to me.” For a brief moment he paused. “I think that journey made me realize there was only one place I can belong to now, and that’s here.” His own home was gone. Taken over by the slaves and winged filth. Where once the proud nobility ruled, fought, and bled, was only but a mere figment. Someday he desired to return to that place and crush that Pegasus that killed the General. That would be a journey for another season.

"Speech speech speech"

image credits
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Messages In This Thread
A Wayward Wanderer's Return - by Déodat - 12-15-2013, 09:15 PM
RE: A Wayward Wanderer's Return - by Lena - 12-16-2013, 05:09 PM
RE: A Wayward Wanderer's Return - by Déodat - 12-19-2013, 12:35 AM
RE: A Wayward Wanderer's Return - by Lena - 12-21-2013, 02:16 PM
RE: A Wayward Wanderer's Return - by Frost Fyre - 12-25-2013, 07:40 PM