the Rift

A whole new world.

Aailios Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
It was a small wonder as the seasons changed that the air became cold enough for particles of moisture to suspend in the air for moments before whisping away on the cold winds. Well, it was to her anyways. She was from historically warmer climates where it was only cold at night and never snowed. Rain was a rarity as well on those sandy slopes where wind was prone to whip the abrasive earth into a frenzied storm that could engulf entire herds. Now she was standing on lush, verdant greens, staring at trees that were neither palms nor fruit trees, but rather oaks and evergreens. Of course she didn't know that.

"Where am I?"

Finely chiseled nostrils flared broadly, bringing in more scents on the cold air. The horses and other creatures that were there with her in the gathering as well as those who had been before tempted her olifactory senses and confused her for a moment before she steeled herself. There was simply too much here to take in, but the petite mare had never shied away from new situations and she wasn't about to start now. She drew herself up to the unimpressive height of 10.3 hands and took a step, hesitant as to where she was supposed to go. She had a truth to face here, she was alone. There was absolutely not a soul she could turn to or trust. Maybe, here amongst all of these creatures, the petite bay could find a home. Her evenly spaced eyes moved just as her finely tipped and slightly curved ears twitched to gather more sounds and her hares flared again, this time with a soft, blowing snort.

Lio needed to compose herself now. She couldn't find a home if she hung around on the outskirts especially now as the sun began to set into a stardust filled sky and the temperatures plummeted. She picked up her finely made hooves and struck into a smooth, easy lope. One that failed to betray her apprehension.

"Hello?"

She vocalized to no one in particular. Her personal allignments rested with neither side, she merely existed in the desert and with the desert, now she was going to find a way to live with a new herd in a new land made of grass, and not sand.

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
The air was getting colder each passing day, chilling the bones of the arabian stallion. His mane wipped into his face as the harsh wind beat on to him, this day being particularly colder than the rest of the autumn times. This time of month appealed him, but being born and raised on a beach, moving to a warm field, Arrane was more accustomed to heat, and the warmth of the sun. Flipping his head, he rid himself of the red tipped mane that bothered him so much as he came trotting into the forest.

With each exhaled breath, mist formed in front of him, and his white body contrasted brightly against the darkening trees. The sun's fading rays were bleeding into the sky as starts began to shine faintly. Dusk was a beautiful time of the day, in his image, but he preferred the day light much more, and the soft touch of the Windtossed Foothills grasses. Treading deeper into the forest, cyan orbs scanned the area as his ears pricked up catching the trace of a fragile voice. Interest sparked up within him, and inhaling the air, he caught the scent of another wandering the forest.

Looking straight, he slowed to a brisk walk, keeping attent to anyone wandering. His eyes finally caught sight of a feminine mare, a petite little bay. With a friendly smile, he walked closer and responded to her call. "Hello", with his ears fowards, the warrior's stance was non agressive, being the kind soul he was. "I am Arrane from the Windtossed Foothills. What brings you here this evening, Miss?" His voice was tenored, but his vocals were still boyish laced with slight concern. It was dangerous to be out in the woods.

Unregistered
The wind whipped up and ran it's fingers through the trees, coaxing them to bend and sway, to give heed to where it wanted them to go. The leaves responded in a cacophony sounds,  a symphony even, in homage to the rapidly cooling night and the sun that was sinking into the dusk. The little mare had come to a halt from her short lope,  realizing that most of the creatures around her where turning in for the night or paired off to go their own ways. Perhaps on the morrow she would find a soul to take her home. That was an abrlstract concept,  home.  Until a few short days ago,  she was in t Send he deserts,  contending with Caspian tigers and golden coyotes, sandstorms and not enough rainstorms for survival.  

Her thoughts shifted to her surroundings and the glourious golds, reds, and navies that had turned the sky from crystal to velvet with an emerald backdrop.  She had certainly seen colors of such spectrums in the deserts, but the sky never threw such colors for as long as they did here. The sound of an approaching hooves brought her back from her thoughts and she turned her rich, golden eyes toward the sound of the approaching equine. She canted her  head and her ears perked forward toward the stallion. He was certainly a vision, almost like a ghost against those dark trees and the night. His voice was warm and melodious,and even though he presented himself in a nonthreatening manner, his stature was still rather impressive.

"Hello, Arrane..."

She extended her fore leg and dipped her well formed skull toward him. Well, this meeting was certainly not expected. To meet a ghost named Arrane. In her wonder at the world around her, she had lost her hesitation, or rather her nerves had kicked in and had taken over so that she no longer felt timid. Flight or fight response had always seen her fight, or in this case calm down and face new situations without fear.

"I am Aailios, from, well, not around here."

She chuckled slightly, standing up straight from her bow. Even at her full height, she probably didn't make it up to his withers.

"Tis a pleasure to meet you. As for what I am doing here, this was the first place I happened upon that had a conglomeration of creatures that did not feel like a herd. I figured this was as good of a place as any to begin the search for a new home."

Her accept t was certainly different and her voice was outnof proportion with the petite frame she carried. It was wind swept, husky from the arid climate she had come from, though it was also warm like the sands and as alluring as the desert stars and the very mystery that's surrounded her former home. All in all from her frame, to the spicey smell of her skin, the gold in her eyes and the tone of her voice, she presented quite an exotic persona.

Hidden Account
Orinthia
As he approached closer to speak to her, he truly realized her petite frame, only reaching up to his withers as she craned her feminine neck to look up to him. The wind blew past, causing the rustling sounds of leaves, and the whispers of the bending trees. The sky transformed from its blood soaked color to twilight as the two equines stood facing each other in the tranquil night. As he glanced at her with cyan orbs, her golden eyes stood out as she stared right back. Her posture seemed interested, with pricked up ears and curiousity, yet he wondered if she felt somewhat intimidated by the dominating height difference he had over her.

A smile appeared on his maw as she politely dipped her head and uttered a greeting. She wasn't so timid or wary like others he met wandering around the forest at this time of night. Dipping his head once more, he watched as she introduced herself. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Aalios, and I had a feeling you were new here", with a chuckle, he took a deep breath inhaling the scent of sun kissed skin, with the smell of sand. Aalios was most likely from the deserts, but that was a first assumption he made based on her fragrance. As Arrane continued observing her, he kept on noting her exotic appearance, with the desert like perfume, a lilt to her speech to her golden eyes and frame. Yes, she was quite the foreign beauty. "Ah, so you seek a home?" The question was about to be followed by something else.

She was a wanderer, seeking a place of refuge. The Windtossed Foothills was the only place he could present to her. A place with a loving family, even though they weren't desert dwellers like the Dragon's Throat horses. "I have only my home to offer, the Windtossed Foothills, not far from here. You seem weary, and you seek a haven, right?" With a genuine smile, he flipped his tinged mane out of his eyes. He hoped that maybe, Aalios would want to come back with him to the place he had grown to love so much. "I hope I did not come on to fast. I don't want to pressure you into anything", with an apologetic tone, his eyes were alit with her alluring presence, and he only now had to await on what she was going to say.

Unregistered
(I'm sorry for the time between replies. Work has been kicking my ass, but that is coming to a close here shortly.)
He was charming that was for certain. Mr.Arrane, the gentleman warrior who now was standing in front of her, offering a home of sorts. How temporary would it be though? She knew that, given how little she actually knew about the stallion in front of her it could end badly, but she spent her life, the last 4 years living in dangerous lands and somehow he didn't strike her as a threat. She could even see herself being happy in lands where she didn't have to contend for resources that were all together too scarce. Actually, that idea seemer increasingly appealing.

She watched as her breath was illuminated ever so slightly in the scant moonlight then turned those golden, sand colored eyes back to him with a slight smile on her maw. He was so cool, but with a sweet, warm disposition that seemed almost effortless.  His offer was followed by an apology and she found herself laughing easily before taking a few steps towards him. Aailios found it sweet that he cared what she thought, that he was worried about offending her. They didn't care so much where she came from. The herd leaders where just as ruthless as the land and there was little room for kindness.

"Arrange, do not worry about that. If I felt you were inappropriate, I wouldn't have stayed around."

Her words lilted lightly with that wind swept voice that was indeed reminiscent of the desert sands.

"I am indeed seeking haven and it seems that you are offering exactly what I need."

The burning question was why was he offering? What did he see or expect in return? She was used to there being conditions and stipulations, other agendas. Her eyes directed towards his and she canter her head slightly, debating on whether she was going to ask him or not. Sometimes maybe it was better to just leave some things unsaid and find out later than to lay everything on the line to begin with. Besides, looking at him,watching how he held himself, the genuine smile he gave and the sincerity in his voice told her that her questions were baseless and thus left unsaid. She relaxed into her stance again and the few concerns she had she had laid to rest with just a slight internal conversation.

"Tell me about your home?"

She asked with her harks swivelling forwards, curious once more.

Hidden Account
Orinthia
A little bit of kindness did help. In fact, it drew weary newcomers closer to friendship, and brought some sort of happiness within their eyes. Arrane hasn't really done any warrior training so far, more like recruiting, seeking homes for the unfortunate newcomers--wanting to truly earn his leaders trust. With warm cyan eyes, despite the chilled weather, he offered a small laugh along with hers. It was a trait that was finally being uncovered to him, after all the horses he has been meeting. They all sought a little bit of friendship.

"Well, I'm glad I didn't strike you as that", his remark was playful and an excited feeling was spreading throughout his chest. Helping other horses was really what he loved doing besides fighting and defending his home. This feeling...he couldn't describe. Golden orbs started back at him, lit with light of the moon. She seemed to be from the desert, many lands away. Her body was perfumed in the sand's scent, as with her fur color. Waiting for her to ask the question, a smile finally melted onto his maw when she asked.

"My home resides in rolling green hills. There are sparse trees here and there, but it is mostly tall grass. We live in a herd where we treat each other equally, as brothers and sisters. There are many ranks you can apply for, but even then you could just live in the herd and not hold any rank", kindly speaking, he paused giving Aalios a second to absorb everything in. Curiosity was present in her gaze, and Arrane felt the same way towards her.

//don't worry, school kicks my ass too! >.<