the Rift

[OPEN] Fruitless contemplation

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
AFRICA
Diviner for Dragon's Throat

The Zephyr could bare the proximity no longer.

Even though he had been pushed from his roost upon Africa’s back by the intimate embrace of the stallion he felt nothing but concerned apprehension for, Silas had remained close by to his beloved; hanging by her side between the ravenous flutter of his star-strewn wings. Fiercely loyal to her, and with naught but her wellbeing and brittleness in mind, he watched with aversion as they shared the moment; locked together by some emotion or lust he could no more understand, than severe with the blade of his beak. The manner of the stallion, the bold and unnerving way he interacted with her, incensed the little avian who had been born to her; for her, and because of her.

Africa could feel the swell of unhappiness in her companion and it unsettled the sea of bile in her already squirming stomach. Many times before they had spread to each other feelings and strong sentiments that conveyed how they felt in situations; and the resentment which poured so gracelessly through their bond now caused arcs of vicious energy which pierced the inner-lining of her helpless mind. Her heart began to burn for the disgruntlement of the Zephyr, to ache and throb as he cast himself away from them through the weight of night, and into the sparking sky which swallowed him from her sight.

Silk spoke, guiding the frantic search of her eyes through the distant constellations, again back down upon him. The caress of his sympathetic tone soothed her for the time being, and she absorbed his frighteningly real words with the slightest gasping breath. “Live with no regrets...?” She whispered vaguely, understanding, lost in the mesmerising depth of his eyes- that which had gone thus far unnoticed to the same degree. She did not realise when her body sought once more to be tight against his; it was an involuntary action, a need for that comforting touch stemming from much deeper even than the spin of her thoughts and strum of her pulse (perhaps it was not so deep like the connection she shared with her bonded though). The heat of him caused her eyes to close; lashes to wrap tightly together, and teeth to grind soundlessly.

“Have you ever wished you could change the past?” She asked then, still leaning heavily into his masculine brawn and feathery quilt of wing. Perhaps the conflicted Oracle was not quite sold on Silk’s theory; or maybe she simply could not yet face up to the reality which stalked her day and night. How had she been able to quell these inhibitions for so long- and why now were they driving her to despair. “Sometimes I think about what I would do differently; if I would be the reckless child who fell flat-faced upon these strange shores of Helovia at all to begin with. But then I look at what I have become, and while truthfully I don’t recognize the reflection who watches me by the lake, I envy her worth and her struggle. I don’t know how she holds high her face so bravely. I just don’t...

The Oracle’s eyes fell apart then, and while tears did not stir from the hardened ducts which had been dry for many seasons; she felt the wave of self loathing and bitterness sting the muscles through her clenching heart. “I must go...” She heaved, pulling herself away and starting forward with staggering, wobbly steps. Something graver than friendship loomed below the surface of that inexplicable meeting, and she shied from it now; from the crumbling of the walls which had been packed so tightly around her, and from the shock of Silas’s pain- ricocheting through her mind and body with the violence and anger of a tornado unleashed. “I must go...” She mumbled again, her jaw trembling beyond control, as she whirled through spraying beach sand and away across the dunes surrounding.

Messages In This Thread
Fruitless contemplation - by Africa - 12-16-2013, 10:16 PM
RE: Fruitless contemplation - by Satanic Silk - 12-16-2013, 11:42 PM
RE: Fruitless contemplation - by Africa - 12-19-2013, 06:19 PM
RE: Fruitless contemplation - by Satanic Silk - 12-19-2013, 08:30 PM
RE: Fruitless contemplation - by Africa - 12-19-2013, 10:52 PM
RE: Fruitless contemplation - by Satanic Silk - 12-20-2013, 04:42 PM
RE: Fruitless contemplation - by Africa - 12-23-2013, 05:53 AM
RE: Fruitless contemplation - by Satanic Silk - 12-23-2013, 06:12 PM
RE: Fruitless contemplation - by Africa - 12-28-2013, 04:38 PM
RE: Fruitless contemplation - by Satanic Silk - 12-29-2013, 02:45 PM
RE: Fruitless contemplation - by Africa - 12-30-2013, 07:17 PM