the Rift

[OPEN] Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work we go [WALL BUILDING]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

Don't get me wrong, I love my family, but I would be the first to tell you that I am not the most social of creatures. It is because of my background - I wandered alone for most of my life, so I am not used to being expected to interact with others. It has always been easier to slip through the shadows, unnoticed and untouched, avoiding the fear of placing myself into danger again. Mother and Father, after all, stayed among friends and allies, and they were still murdered brutally. I was left alone, and for a long time, it seemed that I was better off that way. It has only been since arriving in Helovia - no, not just in Helovia, since arriving in the Dragon's Throat - that I have come to understand that one can be safe, and even happy, in a herd.

Still, as individuals slowly come to greet me and offer their assistance, I am a bit taken aback. I am giving my all to protect them, as I should do and as I want to do, but I never expected them to come and offer their help. I never expected to hold such a place in the herd. I never expected responsibility. I never expected anything that has come to pass in my time here, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

A young filly is the first to arrive, a light amber color that reminds me of my darling Skysong. A slight twinge of the heart takes my breath away, pain clouding my gaze for a moment, but I look away and take a breath, and the feeling leaves, hidden forever in the darkest recesses of my mind. "A bit of both, youngling," I respond to the flicka's question with a heartfelt smile. "My name is Sohalia. I am the Forger of the Throat, and so this wall is my responsibility. I just so happen to enjoy working on it, even at night." The young fae stands a bit far from me, so I take a step forward. Something about her reminds me of myself when I was young and alone.

I am interrupted in my assessment of the youngling by a cheerful, ringing call of greeting. Turning, astonished to see yet another out so late, I see a pretty, ivory pegasus approaching. She, too, earns a sweet smile, though I glance again to the yet unnamed flicka, kindness in my gaze. "Good evening," I respond. "I am sure I can find something for you to do, sister," I say, noticing more movement behind her, "but I believe I will wait until there are no more new arrivals." There is amusement in my tones now, as I am still trying to understand why there are so many where there is normally just me.

The newcomer is Rasta, and I am relieved to see someone that I know. She is not quite herself, though, for though she steps forward with a smile, no words leave her lips. I frown slightly, worried creases appearing where there is usually only smooth flesh, but I am sure she is here to help. After all, she is technically under my supervision. So with another concerned glance, I turn to greet the final arrival - Midas himself. I nod deeply and respectfully to our gentle Sultan, offering a genuine smile. Though I haven't had time to get to know him as well I I would like, I have found him to be kind and fatherly to all that he speaks with, for all he may call us sisters.

"Good evening, Sultan," I say. "I do seem to have several volunteers. I have just run out of ore," I inform the group at large, my gaze flickering around the little circle to include them all now, "and I was about to go find more. It's a bit easier to try and find the metal closer to the surface than it is to turn to magic for every little thing; it gets very draining," I add for explanation. "I have found that there is quite a bit lying around a way down the wall, closer to the sea. Shall we?" With that, I turn to lead the way down the line of the wall, sharing a brief touch with Rasta and attempting to place myself so that all can speak freely amongst themselves. "What brings all of you out here so late?"

"talk talk talk"
@[name]

Live... I want to live on fire
Die... I want to burn out brighter
Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work we go [WALL BUILDING] - by Sohalia - 12-23-2013, 09:50 PM