the Rift

[OPEN] Even Rabbits Make History [Nasreen, Open]

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
If the sky above you grows dark and full of clouds
And that old north wind begins to blow
Keep your head together
And call my name out loud

Brave? Nasreen smiled through her tears. She certainly hadn’t felt very brave, but now that Kahlua put it that way…

“Would talking more about it help?” her companion asked, an expression of gentle concern etched across her features. Nasreen paused for a moment to consider it. Slowly, she shook her head. “I’m kind of all cried-out for now,” she admitted. She had told her story, and having it out felt as if a great load had been lifted off of her heart. Besides, if Kahlua thought that she was brave, she could be brave. She was brave.

“Thank you,” Nasreen said softly. She couldn’t express just how grateful she was that Kahlua had found her, had taken her in, had shown her such kindness…Nasreen simply didn’t have the means to articulate what she was feeling. So, in typical Nasreen fashion, she did the best she could, offering a heart-melting smile to her new friend.

The sun was quickly setting, and Kahlua led her a little ways down the wall to where a small fire burned. A memory stirred: she hadn’t seen a fire like this—a fire for the purpose for comfort and warmth—since leaving the palace. Being in a proper civilization again lifted her spirits; she felt a little closer to home already. With a contented sigh, she flopped down, rustling feathers as she gathered her wings about her. Curiously, she looked around. The wall though, still caught her eye. The way the flames reflected on its surface…how had Kahlua made this again? “Kahlua…tell me about this Moon Goddess?”
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Even Rabbits Make History [Nasreen, Open] - by Nasreen - 12-18-2013, 06:38 AM