the Rift

[OPEN] Even Rabbits Make History [Nasreen, Open]

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
Nasreen had to fight to keep her jaw from dropping as she listened to Kahlua’s account of her encounter with the earth god. She became even more curious when she learned of his instructions. “You mean you can teach magic?” she interrupted, wondering aloud.

Would the wonders of this land never cease? Gods and goddesses that deigned to pay visits, be they ever so rare, blessings and gifts heaped upon its inhabitants. Magic, even. “Mirage is our queen, the DragonHeart,” Kahlua continued. “She leads our herd, the Qian, and we aim for peace throughout the land.” Nasreen nodded, taking it all in. So there was one even greater than her companion, it seemed. Her young head spun. To keep the peace, there must be strong warriors, or strong magic—or both. This was no Th’orqui, and in her mind, no place could ever be greater, but the World’s Edge came terribly close.

“You could stay with us, you know…until we can find out about Th’orqui,” Kahlua offered. Nasreen raised her head, eyes shining with gratitude. The flamed crackled between the pair, but the warmth she was suddenly feeling had nothing to do with the fire. “Could I really? You—Mirage—would let me…? I mean,” she stammered, “I…I would love that.”

The offer of a home, so easily given, had come as a surprise to her. Nasreen was one to believe in the kindness of strangers, but Kahlua had surpassed kindness. “Thank you.” she said again. It felt like it was the only thing she’d been saying all afternoon, but she didn’t know how else to put it. Mere hours ago, she had been lost and lonely in a strange land. Now, she was lying by a merry fire in good company, and temporary as it might be, Nasreen was home.

The snapping of twigs in the wood caught her attention. Nasreen peered past her companion’s shoulder, apprehensive. Kahlua didn’t seem to be worried though, and Nasreen realized that the security of the wall really did cast a sense of peace over the surroundings. No outsider, save one of her own kind, could enter without drawing the attention of the two by the fire. Before she had time to worry about another pegasus though, a small mare emerged from the trees, greeting Kahlua and introducing herself as Resplendence. “Hello,” Nasreen replied, scrambling to her feet in order to properly address the newcomer. The princess may have been polite, but she was not quite so graceful—she nearly lost her balance on the way up. “I’m Nasreen, pleased to meet you. I’m new here--Kahlua was kind enough to show me the way,” she added, bobbing her head in return.
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Even Rabbits Make History [Nasreen, Open] - by Nasreen - 12-26-2013, 12:49 AM