the Rift

[OPEN] Rx: Drug Induced Euphoria

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
Every step is agonizing, each stride a new symphony of pain. You're hurt- badly. You may have walked away from the fight with the orb in hand, but that doesn't mean you came out any better than Ampere. Stupid wench. And, to top it all off, you threw your damn bag during the fight and all your plants got trampled and destroyed. Seriously- completely destroyed. And it's not for lack for trying that you're walking home now with the shakes, sweating because you don't have any locoweed in your system. Your teeth raked the ground trying to pick up the last pieces of any greenery that might have lasted but you got nothing. Just grass and dirt.

Your head pounds, your hooves drag and your shoulder seems heavy. I think you've said it before, but today just might be the worst day ever. The electric burns on your left side are mostly scabbed over, though walking sometimes causes the scabs to crack a little. The electric burns under your right groin, however, are much worse. The tender flesh there is all but seared to the muscle, serous fluid leaking from the area between scabs that are trying to form. Bruises everywhere protest your movements and you limp on both hind limbs, though your right one especially. Even the pressure of the orb against your left shoulder makes you wince. You really should have thought twice before challenging the electric witch.

As you stumble into the swamp, your head is pounding. It hurts so bad it blurs your vision. You need the doctor and you need some drugs. Now! Stomping through the murk and the mud (as you often do), you make your way towards the back of the swamp where it junctions with the Endless Blue territory. Your plants grow there in abundance. And what seems like agonizing hours later, you finally make it there. “Where's the damn doctor at?” you bellow before falling down in a heap on the ground, snatching up every available locoweed in the vicinity. Why you're calling for the doctor if you're self-medicating is a point of contention, but it is your life. Maybe you should try being nice, though. Medics have been known to switch out a prescription... if it suits their purposes.

@[Rayo] and open to anyone else :)
we all look for ways to make the pain go away
- bg - table - manip -
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Circuta Posts: 100
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 7 Buff: NOVICE
Rhawon :: Siberian Tiger :: None aeolle
<style type="text/css"> .cir{ height:350px; width: 420px; background-color: #EAE8E6; opacity: 0.5; -moz-transition: all 0.9s ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: all 0.9s ease-in-out; -o-transition: all 0.9s ease-in-out; }.cir:hover { opacity: 0.1 }</style>
Disgust and repulsion swim with a wave of nausea as vermin crawl into crevices beneath gnarled roots, pressed deep into the miry landscape around the Nightingale's frame. The heat of summer has vanished, replaced with the bitter tinge of autumn, and soon this too shall falter and crumble, a endless tug of war between opposing forces, seasonal God's and Goddesses that dance and swim within the contours of her very core. The familiar stench of the woman's homeland meets upturned nostrils, carrion and bloated carcasses filled to the brim with slimy larva. Milky silver moons gaze upward into barren limbs, sickening squelches echoing across the skeleton of the Spectral Quagmire from creamy apricot and burnt charcoal. Mud gathers among slender appendages that the Nightingale knows must be washed and cleansed later on in the flowing river, blooms picked from poisonous lilies to cover her with the sweet scents of the cleansed (even though the Nightingale is far from the definition).

As she navigates the swamp, onward towards the invigorating brine that junctions with the temporary Kingdom in which her kindred have deemed appropriate, the land becomes minimally more hardened beneath her hooves, the bloated, abandoned framework of the dead long-forgotten in the trails in which she leaves. Mind aflame with the illusion of the ocean's scent, the kiss of fine grains upon thin flesh, the cleansing in which she shall take forth (the salt will wash away the bacteria that seems to creep upward towards her heart from the damned souls behind), she does not recognize the pungent taste of blood upon her tongue, the charred smell of scabbed sinew, the stumbling hoof prints in the soft Earth. It is not until a bellowing roar of vocal cords startles the very avians that flit to and fro in the pathless skies, disgruntled caws that squawk forth in contest to it's demands.
Hark's swivel in surprise and dread, concern clotting vermilion veins with a pallid complexion, and within but moments the Nightingale has fallen into that of a quickened trot. She, for the first time, takes in the shocking revelation of the precise smells around her, that of hemoglobin and burnt hairs. Plaguebearer.

When she finds him, it is not hard to see. His bulk seems to waver upon the very Earth itself, wallowing in filth, grass and dark Earth staining his already mussed coat. Bruises, a kaleidoscope of hues as the Aurora Borealis to the far north. Red-blue, sapphire, sharp tinges of heliotrope, edges of green and sickly yellow that twist her stomach into a burning knot in the depth's of her bosom. Vital fluids drain from a wound she cannot identify, the stench of blood covering him as one may draw a blanket across a young babe. It is not just his own, but the scent of another, one she has not yet cataloged into the infirmary of her mind. What seems yet stranger about this appearance is not that the Plaguebearer is gathering the green weeds in which he consumes with fierce determination as if it means his very life, but that he has gained a orb upon his port wither. Anguish and misery scald her as guilt from each and every pore as she observes the (it's almost as if he is in spasms) brother before her, draining away any interest she may have in acquiring knowledge of the mysterious object perched upon his battered warship. His given name from the Nightingale herself slips between alabaster and obsidian maw, through ivories, and soft as the spring song of morning birds.
"Plaguebearer..." It is troubled and remorseful, gentle, for is she not at blame? She is the very intelligence of the Asylum! She alone should have protected her brother from the wounds in which he has bloomed upon his hide.

With careful examinations, she uses sharpened ivories and curved dagger to slice and cut forth a grouping of the same plants he consumes with such fervor. Gathering them daintily within her maw, she moves forth to place them in front of her brother's emerald tinted maw. She is meticulous in her movements, for she does not want to become addicted as he whom would loom above her if he stood now. "Take these, brother."
And then, dome raised high, she calls forth the name the bloodied stained Queen of her land had told her to take healing from. Her lyrics are clear, resonating, not bellowing as that of the Plaguebearer, but cutting as that of a knife against the meager life of a plant.
"Reizend!"
It is a rare sight that she, the Nightingale, speaks the name of an individual.

.. Perhaps the life of her brother is more important.
How intriguing.
power & control
i'm gonna make you fall

Credits
AHMEDBAKIR : VENOMXBABY : GALAXIESANDDUST : SALSOLASTOCK</style>

Cause she's a Cruel Mistress
And a bargain must be made

Reizend Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: 7 (ages in Orangemoon)
rooster
Reizend
My days have been filled with mindless tasks - gathering herbs and organizing a workspace, watching the comings and goings of my family and cataloging their colours in my memory. I am rarely needed, and only for minor healings; my purpose for being here, Seele, has gone off with Eris, to goodness-knows-where. I am not high enough in the chain of command to be considered the 'inner circle.' Instead I stay out of their way, hoping that perhaps one day my courage will gather and I will be able to gain Seele's favour - but for now, I merely keep my head down, remaining quiet but capable, unsociable but efficient. And that is what I am doing when the roar of my brother shakes the ground.

I am gathering a particularly rare plant in a rather difficult to navigate section of the marsh. Dull bronze and a rather queasy green are little sparks in my vision as I pull up the plants, taking great care not to bite too hard and get their juices in my mouth. It is, after all, a powerful sedative, and it will not do to pass out and drown here. Suddenly, a bright flash of yellow-green mars my vision; I yelp and step back from the plants, thankful that none were in my mouth. Without stopping to worry about the plants, I push myself into as fast a gait as I dare in the Marsh. Thankfully, I am close to home, and I only need to clear the brambles and deceptively deep waters to make it to the source of the call.

Still, someone makes it to Oxy before I do - the dull teal of Circuta's vocals stabs through my sight, smearing more gently across my retinas than did Oxy's angry bellow. Still, I do not need colour to tell me that I am needed - even Circuta's voice holds a certain tensity that I have only ever heard from those whose loved ones are in danger. Upon arriving on the scene, I take note of the severe burns about Oxy's body, the pain clouding his eyes, and the orb on his shoulder. I do not know what has befallen our brother, but I do know that he is in pain - and no amount of those silly weeds are going to ease that for him.

"Move," I snap, concern evident in my manner as I hurry forward. I do not wish Circuta any ill will, and I hope that she knows that - I just need to fix the damage before it becomes too much for him to bear. "Oxy, this might hurt, just try not to hurt me, okay?" A light pink flows from my right, and my mother's presence both calms and comforts me. I do not have time to look to her silhouette, but I can almost hear her voice all the same. Easy, meine liebe, she would tell me in a soothing whisper, almost a purr. You can fix it. Breathe in, breathe out. I do.

I pass my muzzle gently over the wounds, trying to get a feel for how much power I will need. I fully expect him to lash out even at the lightest touch, but I hope that he will refrain from damaging me. My voice spills from my chest suddenly in a quiet alto, and I slowly adjust pitch until my singing produces the colour of Oxy's voice. It is a wordless song this time, one that promises to soothe and heal. I watch as the colour melts and molds to Oxy's form, knitting broken skin together and pulling the heat from the burns, easing the ache of bruises and mending any fractured bones. The pus-filled boils brought on by the burns burst before my eyes, shriveling as new skin grows over the broken. I cannot fix the singed hair - that will have to grow back on its own - but when I stop singing, the result is a much better-looking, if slightly marred, pelt with little to no sign of whatever battle he had participated in.

I step back, sweat coating my pelt and panting slightly from the exertion. His wounds had been extensive, and I sway slightly with exhaustion. "Does anything... else... hurt?" I ask, my violet gaze roving over his body carefully. From my right, I can almost feel the rosy colour of my mother smile. Wonderful, my darling, she would tell me. Simply wonderful.

"Talk talk talk."
Reizend
Image by Kaydeniro

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
Cold wind blows off the ocean, washing over you, but giving you no reprieve from the wounds. It seems like electric burns cannot be numbed with the autumn winds. You make a mental note to avoid such damages in the future. Ampere. Crazy wench. For a moment, your drug hazed mind wanders away from, lost in a void of mist and fog, twisting and turning, a maze of nothing. And for a moment you're laughing, because you think you're going to name this little orb Amp or Amber or Ampersand or something so close to Ampere that she can't help but hate you even more. But in the end its just the drugs, and you decide that maybe you're not going to name it at all, because you don't even want it. Whatever.

And even though it seems like eternity, eventually they come. The Phantom Seeker first. And for a while you don't even remember if you like her or not, if you want her here or want her gone. She spoke out against you after all, called you a liar in front of a new recruit (which you were, but still...). But then those lips. That voice. That sweet molasses that pours out to coat you. She could talk a starving tiger into befriending a wounded deer. But has she talked you into her sweet little game, her collection of loyal followers. Eris thinks she's the best thing since sliced bread, after all. Do you? If you didn't, you do now. She drops a wad of yours drugs at your face. “Phantom Seeker,” you choke out, brown eyes trying to catch her own. You almost add on a won't you be a dying warrior's last conquest? but you're not really ready for any humor right now. And besides, the words are just a conjuration of your drug riddled mind. They're not your actual feelings, are they?

Move, comes a new voice, an efficient voice, and your blurry vision finds something teal and white. A ghost? But no, she moves like she's living, even your hazy eyes can tell this. It's a good thing you were lying down already. The amount of drugs you've decided to ingest would certainly make you incapable of walking. All-in-all, you're just lucky the locoweed plants are not a respiratory depressant or you would suffocate lying here in the open air. Oxy, hurt, try not, Something, something. Is it the pain or your plants that are messing with your hearing? Maybe both.

And then she's touching them, the wounds that already burn like fire and you don't hesitate at all. You kick, but backwards at least instead of down. It's serendipitous really, you didn't do it on purpose, but unless Reizand has moved she should be safe. And you scream, a bellow so loud that somebody might think you're dying. It's a good thing she's the Doctor, or else the wolves from miles around would be here in minutes to finish you off. But then she's singing and you're.... you're hearing things aren't you? There's no way she's singing you better.

But slowly and surely your skin pulls back together, the burnt edges cool and are replaced with newer, more complete skin. You don't see any of it, of course, but you can feel it happening. It's the oddest thing. And yet when she finally stops her song you feel healed. When you look back you find the Doctor sweating, breathing heavily, and somewhere deep in the depths of your soul something akin to a thank you whispers out. But you don't say it aloud. Your heart has been too hurt by those that have mocked you for so much of your life, you think that maybe you see something similar to ridicule in her violet eyes, even if there is none. “No,” you say finally, taking a deep breath. You can move without searing pain. “You're a worthy doctor.” It's the closest she'll get to thanks from you, and perhaps the highest complement you can give, considering you've called almost everyone else in your little group useless at one point or another.

In a moment your head falls back to the ground, locoweed making it too heavy to hold up. You're alive. You have the orb.
we all look for ways to make the pain go away
- bg - table - manip -
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post