the Rift

[OPEN] Rx: Drug Induced Euphoria

Reizend Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: 7 (ages in Orangemoon)
rooster
Reizend
My days have been filled with mindless tasks - gathering herbs and organizing a workspace, watching the comings and goings of my family and cataloging their colours in my memory. I am rarely needed, and only for minor healings; my purpose for being here, Seele, has gone off with Eris, to goodness-knows-where. I am not high enough in the chain of command to be considered the 'inner circle.' Instead I stay out of their way, hoping that perhaps one day my courage will gather and I will be able to gain Seele's favour - but for now, I merely keep my head down, remaining quiet but capable, unsociable but efficient. And that is what I am doing when the roar of my brother shakes the ground.

I am gathering a particularly rare plant in a rather difficult to navigate section of the marsh. Dull bronze and a rather queasy green are little sparks in my vision as I pull up the plants, taking great care not to bite too hard and get their juices in my mouth. It is, after all, a powerful sedative, and it will not do to pass out and drown here. Suddenly, a bright flash of yellow-green mars my vision; I yelp and step back from the plants, thankful that none were in my mouth. Without stopping to worry about the plants, I push myself into as fast a gait as I dare in the Marsh. Thankfully, I am close to home, and I only need to clear the brambles and deceptively deep waters to make it to the source of the call.

Still, someone makes it to Oxy before I do - the dull teal of Circuta's vocals stabs through my sight, smearing more gently across my retinas than did Oxy's angry bellow. Still, I do not need colour to tell me that I am needed - even Circuta's voice holds a certain tensity that I have only ever heard from those whose loved ones are in danger. Upon arriving on the scene, I take note of the severe burns about Oxy's body, the pain clouding his eyes, and the orb on his shoulder. I do not know what has befallen our brother, but I do know that he is in pain - and no amount of those silly weeds are going to ease that for him.

"Move," I snap, concern evident in my manner as I hurry forward. I do not wish Circuta any ill will, and I hope that she knows that - I just need to fix the damage before it becomes too much for him to bear. "Oxy, this might hurt, just try not to hurt me, okay?" A light pink flows from my right, and my mother's presence both calms and comforts me. I do not have time to look to her silhouette, but I can almost hear her voice all the same. Easy, meine liebe, she would tell me in a soothing whisper, almost a purr. You can fix it. Breathe in, breathe out. I do.

I pass my muzzle gently over the wounds, trying to get a feel for how much power I will need. I fully expect him to lash out even at the lightest touch, but I hope that he will refrain from damaging me. My voice spills from my chest suddenly in a quiet alto, and I slowly adjust pitch until my singing produces the colour of Oxy's voice. It is a wordless song this time, one that promises to soothe and heal. I watch as the colour melts and molds to Oxy's form, knitting broken skin together and pulling the heat from the burns, easing the ache of bruises and mending any fractured bones. The pus-filled boils brought on by the burns burst before my eyes, shriveling as new skin grows over the broken. I cannot fix the singed hair - that will have to grow back on its own - but when I stop singing, the result is a much better-looking, if slightly marred, pelt with little to no sign of whatever battle he had participated in.

I step back, sweat coating my pelt and panting slightly from the exertion. His wounds had been extensive, and I sway slightly with exhaustion. "Does anything... else... hurt?" I ask, my violet gaze roving over his body carefully. From my right, I can almost feel the rosy colour of my mother smile. Wonderful, my darling, she would tell me. Simply wonderful.

"Talk talk talk."
Reizend
Image by Kaydeniro

Messages In This Thread
Rx: Drug Induced Euphoria - by Oxy - 12-17-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: Rx: Drug Induced Euphoria - by Circuta - 12-20-2013, 05:56 AM
RE: Rx: Drug Induced Euphoria - by Reizend - 12-23-2013, 10:32 PM
RE: Rx: Drug Induced Euphoria - by Oxy - 12-24-2013, 04:59 PM