the Rift

Lesser Demons

Belial Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
charks

Belial
unicorn . colt . no herd . growing

Good evening, stranger. Pleasure to make your acquaintance. Allow me to introduce myself - I am Belial, son of Zuriel, prince of tricks and master of illusion. And you, you are a figment of my imagination, a friend I have created so that I might document my adventures, and feel less alone. But do not worry, I believe in you and your reality. After all, far be it for me to lie to anybody, least of all myself. I never lie, if I can help it... except perhaps just then. Oh well! You forgive me, don't you? Of course you do. I made you up, you have to forgive me.

But enough of you, let me tell you more about myself! As I said, I am Belial, and today, I am making my way through the Threshold of Helovia. Yes, I already know where I am, unlike most of them who make their way to a new land. How, you ask? Magic, of course! No, no, I lie - magic is no fun. I asked a little bird, and she whispered the name. What, still unconvinced? I should throttle you for doubting me, but you are far to entertaining. Fine, my mother told me, before sending me on my way. She comes from a place not far from here, you see, and according to her I have a sister who resides within these borders. She says that she is too old to revisit the people and places of her past, but I ought to go reclaim what is my birthright. Frankly, my birthright can kiss its ass. Mother's all into unicorn supremacy, but I think it's all nonsense, you know? The only supremacy I know of is the supremacy of the mind! Well, that and my own supremacy. And clover. Clover is amazing.

So when mother dropped me off here, a tender yearling tossed from the safety of home for the first time, and told me to find mt sister Alustriel and restore the majesty of her bloodline and save the planet from evil and turn pink and start dancing and singing, I nodded my head and smiled dutifully at her and promised to do so. In hindsight, she might not have said that last part. I don't really remember, I had stopped paying attention early into her tirade. She realized this, probably, because she bit my ear and sent me on my way. And so this is how I got here, in some random woods, talking to you! I've been walking for days and days and... ok, maybe just a couple of hours. It's kind of musty in here, with dim light despite the fact that's it mid afternoon, and little flies are buzzing around my hocks. My long, leonine, silver-tufted tail just can't beat them away fast enough. An angry shudder passes through my chestnut hide. If I stay in this forest for much longer, I'm going to explode! Oh, hey, I made a small rabbit explode, I'm so frustrated! Did you see that? My magic is amazing.

You're probably bored with my frustration, though. Don't worry, I'm sure somebody will show up soon and then we can interact with them and it will be great! I want to make friends here. It's only mid-afternoon, and there's water nearby for me to drink. In fact, I'm going to go drink some right now. I'm thirsty. You can't stop me! I'm my own colt, damnit! I drop my horned crown to the water, sucking in the luscious, sweet nectar. In the corner of my eye, I see a great black wolf materialize out of musky sunbeams. A small grin crosses my face. This should be fun.

Varath Posts: 45
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.0 hh :: 3 Years HP: 63.5 | Buff: ENDURE
redgod

Varath had wandered after his brother to the Threshold after sneaking away from his mother, but Vadim must have run off to harass someone else. Grunting slightly, the young colt stepped carefully around the trees until he reached a small pool of water. A black figure was there, taller than himself and with four horns instead of his one. Still, the charcoal colored colt stared at the strange other with his own dual colored eyes - one crimson and one silver.

The charcoal colt was graying quickly, but he was still dark. His black hair was growing, and the crimson fringes were very apparent against his dark skin. Blood. The scent of blood confused the young colt, and he snorted loudly though his nose, looking for the source. A tiny squirrel.... or what was left of a squirrel... laid on the ground in a glorious, gory mess. Already, the colt could feel strange things in his soul, genetic remnants of his grandfather perhaps. His grandfather Riekahn, the Crimson King as he was called in his former land.

Varath smirked at the thought of being so much like his great and terrible grandfather, though his mother and father seemed to be wary of these wonderful tributes. Nonsense. "You are new?" he asked to the dark figure. His tones, though still tiny and child-like, held the future of a deep voice. "Can I help?"

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

A man delivered can never
Make his way in the darkness

Ktulu didn't recognize the Threshold when she first entered it. She had been in too much pain and too focused on making herself run that she didn't remember much of any of her surroundings. She only remember Ophelia's urgent voice urging her forward, begging her to take another step so they would both find safety. The scents of Isilme still lingered in the forest. She could smell hints of the Tides and the Woodlands. The dark filly sighed, her white tail slapped against her legs and she walked forward.

Why an outcast like herself was roaming the Threshold she didn't know, but she felt as if she were searching for something. She didn't know what, but she felt like she would know when she finally found it. A strange noise made her stop. Her ears tilted forward and she drew in a breath the snorted at the scent of blood. For once she was thankful that Ophelia was not with her. Whatever had made that noise and drew the scent of blood couldn't be good and she didn't want Ophelia to suffer from anymore bad memories.

She wasn't scared. Not at all. So she pressed onward, soon entering an area where two other unicorns stood. One had four horns upon his head and the other ... the other had the telltale red fringes that belonged to her father. She was mildly annoyed that he would have more children so soon after finding her and Ophelia. He hadn't even told them that he was going to be staying in the Foothills. That much she had found out on her own by spying.

"You." She said to the younger of the two colts. "You are son of Paladin the Valiant and Soleil the Virtuous, are you not?" The other colt could wait for the time being.

Icon by Tay

Hidden Account
charks

Belial

Well would you look at that! You see, I told you that somebody would show up soon... What do you mean, I never said that? Of course I did! You just never listen to me! I cannot believe this. You, of all people - you, the friend I thought I could turn to when all went poorly! Oh well. It seems that nobody will love you but yourself. It's ok, though. I never loved you, either. Now, I must not keep my visitors waiting! The first one approaches, a colt younger than myself, but I do not raise my head to greet him. Instead, I continue to guzzle down water, inspecting the newcomer from beneath lowered lashes. He has two-toned eyes, too, which is pretty neat. He even has a silver one, like me, which makes me a little jealous because I thought I was unique. Oh, who am I kidding? I am unique!

The colt sounds like a baby, with his broken speech and incomplete sentences. Still, the smirk on his face is promising, and he looks intelligent enough. Should I give him a chance? You're right - why not! I raise my head from the water, short silver mane bouncing on my neck. "You seem new," I inform him, voice imperious. "In fact, you must, if you don't know who I am." My blue and silver eyes take in the darker colt, as I try to look older and intimidating, stretching myself out to my full height. Then the moment is gone and I laugh and walk towards him, grinning. "But I suppose I am new, too, since I don't know who you are!" I announce. Then, I add, "Your mane's really cool."

The new kid doesn't seem to notice my wolf, does he? Oh well, I'll just let it go for now - see, it evaporated so nicely into sunlight and dust. I'm about to ask the other colt his name when a girl shows up. She doesn't seem to see me, though, does she? No, she seems quite taken with the other colt. You see that, it's impossible to get anyone to notice you when a red-head's around! Hm.. you're right, I could use this opportunity to just watch them. I turn my chocolatey figure so I can observe their interactions, cloven hooves soft on the ground. The filly seems about my age, and almost mirrors my coloring, except she's black and I'm brown, and she has a normal tail so she's not a real unicorn. So does the colt, actually. In fact, they also have similar, crimson eyes, as well as those red streaks in their hair...

No, no, it was not her speech that gave it away, give me some credit! I had the fact that they were related figured way before she started talking. That just sort of confirmed it. But now that I'm pretty sure they're related, I'm not really sure what to do about it. Doesn't it look to you like the filly's upset about this? I think she is, and that's really a shame. Family should not fight. Except when they should. Which is usually, really, as long as it's friendly.

"Hi!" I interject into their conversation before the other two could completely forget my presence. "Are you two friends?" My face is a picture of innocence, eyes wide and bright as I look at them.

Belial II Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
There had been nothing to stay for - so he hadn't stayed. He'd been a vagabond from a young age, but it had taken years to hammer the fact into his stubborn heart: he was unwanted among his own, and he had the Gods to thank for it. Wasn't it perfect? He couldn't find it in himself to blame his poor, stupid parents for it, because which leaders didn't dream of blessings? It was just unlucky that the Gods had been listening and decided to meddle in the affairs of mortals, and the result? A broken life. Absolutely fantastic. Belial's features hardened into a scowl of sorts, and he didn't know whether he was happy or sad to be out of the mountains - the mountains that had been his life so far. On one paw, it might be good to not be shunned wherever he went. On the other... this was something very new. Unknown. It could be dangerous.

He sighed, clutching his useless, cursed wings closer to his thick chest. The trees here were tall, taller than he was used to, their crowns swaying overhead and blocking out the sun - it was too warm down here, too. Not only did he feel small and insignificant, threatened by the looming trees, but the air was thick and heavy and hot; up in his mountains, it had always been pleasantly cool. The unease only caused him to try and press his wings harder against his sides, and an annoyed look crossed his face, blue eyes darkening. Why was it so damn hot down here? He wanted to turn tail and run back to his lofty peaks and the valleys and the shrub trees... but there was no life for him there.

No - going back wasn't an option. Irritated with himself and the world, Belial pushed on, wandering through the forest. Seriously, how did one know their way around these places where you couldn't see for all the trees? He hissed quietly, stepping on soft moss and expecting sharp stones to stab his pads any second... but it never happened, and so he was constantly surprised. Belial's eyes narrowed, and the further he went, the more certain he became: something - somethings - were out there. He could smell them. In the back of his mind he decided he was curious; in the front of it, he decided they were in his way and that was why he kept walking towards them. The closer he came, the more he recognized the underlying patterns of their scents. Equine. Usually, that meant food, though he knew that a lot of the equines living in this area (unless he'd got his points of the compass tangled up again) were, uhm, not good for eating. Besides, he'd torn another muscle when hunting earlier that dawn, and concealing his limp was painful enough that he didn't feel like hunting more. In fact, he oughtn't be walking, but since when had Belial ever listened to reason?

Knowing full well what he was both capable and incapable of, the smilodon padded towards the trio. They were all fairly small, the two thicker - older - ones perhaps a little taller than he himself... Young, he presumed, with sticks on their heads. One of the sturdier ones, the chestnut male, had many sticks on his head. Wary but silent, the predator slunk through the shadows, claws safe within their sheaths. He breathed in the silence, drifted ever closer until he stood at the edge of the shadows, blue eyes narrowed in the slanting sunlight. "Boo," he muttered mirthlessly without much inflection, not expecting the sound to carry far. Maybe they'd hear, maybe not - he didn't care, not really. Not really. Right? Right.

.. right?

redgod

The words of this new colt were strange, and highly egotistical, Varath decided. Still, he was unsure if that facts meant that he did not like him. He would wait and reserve judgement. "We are both new then, yes," he grunted in response. The compliment was unexpected, and the younger colt blinked in surprised. "Oh, thanks. Your horns are cool, and your tail is... ah... really interesting. I have not seen that before."

Varath flickered a wary ear behind him when heavier steps approached, and he turned his head sharply, leveling a silver eye on the newcomer. His heart stopped in his chest at the initial fear that this character was his father, but he soon realized that she was a she and still a little shorter than Paladin. Almost a moment later, Varath realized that this must be one of his sisters.

She must have thought much the same thing, and her brusque tone sounded so much like his father's that the hair on his back bristled in irritation. The colt's nose twitched and his eyes narrowed slightly. "Yes," he replied shortly, his body stiff with temper. "You." he replied mockingly with a dry, and nearly vicious tone. "You are one of my older sisters? Ktulu?" he asked.

The sudden and sharp interruption from the dark bay colt made Varath jerk his head back, and his eyes leveled on the older colt. Varath snorted sharply and shook his small tail back and forth. Friends? He raised a brow at his sister. "I am not opposed to being friends," he replied with a smirk. Of all the external stimuli overloading his brain, one scent crossed strong, and he turned his head to look around, ignoring his company for the moment. A deep voice muttered 'Boo', but after all the times Vadim had jumped out and scared him, Varath was immune.

A strange cat with large teeth stood nearby. "You have very big teeth," Varath said, stating the obvious with a dry tone.

Ktulu merely tilted one ear back as the colt answered her in a mocking tone. "Such a temper for one who still wears a milk mustache." She commented with a lazy flick of her white tail. Her attention was finally drawn to the other colt when he asked if they were friends. "Not quite." She replied, her stony gaze returning to her younger sibling. She should like him, she knew. She should feel some sort of pull to befriend him and teach him about the world, but she already didn't like the little thing. She wished Ophelia was there just so her sister would agree with her.

"You know my name." She said to Varath. "So why don't you just come out and state yours?" For being so young he certainly did have an obnoxious and arrogant air about him. Really, though, she didn't much care for knowing her younger brother's name or not knowing it. It all boiled down to one thing. Her father couldn't find her and Ophelia so he had replaced them with that obnoxious little brat.

Ktulu snorted fiercely then turned to Belial. "Welcome to Helovia, I am Ktulu." She finally greeted him so as to not seem completely rude. She had only been ignoring him because she had wanted to be positive that Varath was her younger brother.

Belial only had her attention for a split second before she was looking at the same big cat that Varath was. The dark girl grinned at her brother's half-witted statement about his teeth. "All the better to eat you with, dear brother." She was not worried about the cat coming after her. She had her own magic to defend herself, and she was quite positive that the cat would not be able to attack if he could not breathe.

Icon by Tay

Hidden Account
charks

Belial

Well, would you look at that? It would seem that these two are not only siblings - I told you so, didn't I? - but not exactly pleased about it. Pity, isn't it? I do quite like these two, and I imagine you do, too... of course you do! Look at them, aren't they delightful? Let's keep watching, I want to see how they interact, the weakness they express. Already some things are evident. The younger one, the colt, is clearly not as subtle as his sister, prone to quickly shifting emotion. You see, of course, how he stiffened when I tried to play him with my words. Oh, you know I expected such a reaction, don't try to make it out like you were right and not me. I do appreciate the grey fellow's admiration of my horns, though. A wolfish grin spreads across my face. "Thanks, but you should see my mother's. She has six" His statement about my tail is puzzling, though. I bring it around towards my face, craning my neck to examine the long silver tuft at its end. "Really? Where I'm from, all unicorns have tails like this." His ignorance is a bit concerning, as I'm sure you realize, but the colt is younger than I. He can learn.

I do like how he seems amenable to being friends with the filly, whose name I'm sure you caught. It has a rather nice ring, doesn't it? Ktulu. My attention is on her now, pale eyes still watching carefully to see how she behaves. She seems much calmer than the colt, I think, and makes a good point about him not stating his name – although at this point, I have not given mine, either. I suppose courtesy requests that I do so, but really, nobody has asked... and besides, you wouldn't expect me to just give it away, would you? These two seem worthy of knowing it, but there is still time for them to fail, is there not? We must continue to watch. I think I like them, though. It would be good to have such strong siblings behind me, when I make my moves. What? Oh, no, that's nothing for you to worry about. Carry on.

Finally, I get some attention. Not that I needed it, mind you, but I am the newcomer here. You can't tell me it's unreasonable for me to desire some sort of acknowledgment, a little bit of groveling. "Hello, Ktulu." I reply to her lightly, but my voice has a darker tone now than it did when I addressed her brother, a suggestion of something else, something smarter and cleverer than what meets the eye. It's not that I'm trying to show off, per se, I just really want her to be my friend. You can't deny that she seems like an intelligent filly; at least for now, she would be a good companion, a helper for my mischief. I don't have a chance to respond with my own name, however – that treat is taken away by the most interesting character to arrive yet.

I have seen big cats, and I have seen big birds, but never before have I seen a cat nearly as tall as I, with great wings folded beside me. Yet here one is! All three of us had turned to stare at it, but you really can't blame us – the thing is so very unusual. I only hear the siblings exchange quips vaguely; I'm too busy trying to commit the image of the cat-thing to memory. I know it could probably eat us in a second... or it could try. If it does, it might actually be an interesting experience. What would the other two do? Thus far they have stood their ground, but do you think they would flee if the beast were to attack? Or would they help me fight? Boo, he says, and I stop puzzling. Instead I blink, focusing my magic. It takes less than a second for the second cat to materialize next to the first, although something is off about this one. Okay, don't blame me – this thing is certainly unusual, and it's my first time trying to materialize anything like it. The second cat blinks, but otherwise stands there dumb. Hmm. Should it's wings be bigger? Its back be longer? I'm really not sure. I wonder what the cat thinks of his likeness. Maybe I'll ask him.

"Does it look alright to you?" My voice and face are the picture of innocence, bright eyes staring at the predator and feigning purity. "I don't know. I'm not sure it captures your ferocity, Mr....?" Then, in an act of perhaps utter stupidity, I walk towards the beast and begin to inspect his sides. He has not shown any desire to kill me yet. Let's tempt fate just a little more.

Unregistered
It was, at least, proving to be entertaining - to some degree... And, at the same time, their reaction was a bit of a let-down. To be honest, Belial wondered just how ragged he looked if all he warranted was an observation about his teeth! Not even a flinch, a trace of fear or awe, just.. just as if he was an exceptionally furry stick-head! He scowled at them, before muttering "No shit," in response to the colt's statement. At the filly's, his blue eyes flashed dangerously. Really? Was she serious, or just mocking her brother? The feline gave his head the tiniest of shakes. If he hadn't been so certain of the fact that the horses of this region possessed some uhm undesirable qualities in prey, he would've been convinced by now. If they all weren't bred for sheer stupidity, they knew of something that could defend them from a predator their own size. It was a most disconcerting thought.

Admittedly, he hadn't been paying much attention to the silent colt of the many sticks. So when a second cat suddenly materialized beside him, and the kid spoke up, Belial was struck into silence for a couple of heartbeats. If he hadn't been so tired of life and its surprises already he probably would've jumped, but as it was, he just turned his head to stare at his copy. A frown creased his forehead and he gave the creature a critical look. It looked sort of.. stupid. And dead. Slightly uncomfortable, Belial shifted his wings and leaned in to give the thing a sniff.

No scent.

And the colt's question...? Oh, Belial, you're such a joykiller. "It's ugly," he said flatly, knowing full well that he insulted his own appearance in the same breath. But wings... wings made it ugly. It shouldn't have wings. Maybe he should to the colt that one kindness? Did he deserve it, despite asking for his own name and trying to flatter him by calling him ferocious? Belial had no ferocity to speak of. He was too tired, and his leg was hurting. With cold eyes and a voice true to his grumpy nature, he fixed his gaze on the oldest colt. The other two were irrelevant, they were just interested in his teeth and potentially in being eaten. Belial was in no mood to humor them. "It shouldn't have wings," he said sternly, his own feathers whispering as they moved against his sides. Slowly, as if contemplating, he turned to look back at the... thing. His mirror-image, after a fashion. Maybe its back didn't slope quite enough.. After all, horses were built with straight backs, and most other animals too. Smilodon were a tad unique in how much lower they were at the hips than shoulders...

He'd been so busy staring at the copy that the colt's approach went unnoticed for a while, until his movements caught in the corners of Belial's eyes. Startled, his head snapped around and he glared at the horse. Well, let him stare... Everyone stared. But if he began poking about with his horns, well... Even Belial had limits on how much of a tourist attraction he was going to be.

OOC // Sorry, still not sure on how to handle him. xD My posts sort of suck at the moment, eep. ;~; And he's being rude and ignoring the Palkids, sorry. :c

redgod

Varath was short tempered enough as it was, but the constant poking and prodding by his sister was making him steam. "Piss off," he snapped, his crimson and silver eyes narrowing as his tail flicked angrily behind him. Or well... what he had of a tail so far. So she didn't want to be friends? Fine. Screw her. Varath's ears laid back against his skull, and he sulked. So, she wanted to know his name now? Part of him hoped that his other sister was not such a mean witch, but he had little hope. "Varath." He grunted. Why did she have to come here and ruin everything? He liked this older colt, and now he felt... unwanted.

When Belial was talking about his horns though, Varath grinned excitedly. "Six? That's awesome! I wish I had six horns!" he said, stomping his hooves in excitement. Apparently his tail was normal where he came from. Maybe his tail was like this because his mom was an equine? No... Dad had a full tail too. Maybe his dad was not a real unicorn after all. The attention his sister received was unsettling, but if he was being honest, he knew that she was pretty.

After stating the obvious, his sister mocked him again. "Will you lay off? We get it. You don't like me." Varath snapped angrily, storming off to a distant corner where he ran across the winged cat with massive fangs. The colt was saddened that such an interesting creature seemed to dislike his own form so much. "I think the wings are cool," he said. "You can fly around and dive bomb everyone. That would be awesome!"

Varath's mischief could be forgiven. He was only a child, and a young child at that.

It was so easy to irritate her little brother and set his temper to boiling it almost took the fun out of it. Still Ktulu would continue to be cold and distant. She had the distinct feeling that Ophelia would act the same way, especially after the colt's outbursts. Finally he said his name, but she was still looking at the cat. The flash of his eyes was unmistakable, but she still was not scared. She'd dropped her father easily with her magic, a smaller animal would no doubt be less of a challenge.

Another outburst came from Varath and Ktulu simply rolled her crimson eyes in response. "What's the matter?" She questioned. "Did little Varath get his feelings hurt?" Why was she antagonizing him the way she was? She couldn't exactly place it, she just knew that she didn't like this younger colt. Her younger brother. Her replacement. Ktulu snorted loudly and slapped her white tail against her legs. The sudden flash of anger set her on edge. The smart thing to do would be to leave rather than continue antagonizing the little brat.

With that Ktulu turned her back on the gathering and began to walk away. She had someone she needed to see about a little matter concerning the colt.

Icon by Tay

Hidden Account
charks

Belial

Are you watching this? I hope so, because it's an important point of my life, and as my best friend I would expect you to keep tabs on these events. I still cannot wrap my mind around the large cat, but his comment on the ugliness of my creation made me laugh a little. "You're right," I agree, because look at that thing, it really is quite hideous. I'm not sure why, but there is something off about the illusion, something that makes it wrong. I frown at it, dark brow furrowing and bright eyes narrowing in concentration. Then the cat pipes up again, with a suggestion! What do you think of his comment, his idea that it should not have wings? He has wings, and it is supposed to be him...

See, Varath thinks the wings belong there. He makes a good point, too - wings are pretty awesome, and useful, really. I turn to grin at him, approval in my predatory eyes. But look, Ktulu is leaving! This is an unfortunate turn, you're right. Should I pursue her? The question makes me hesitate, and I want to, but the cat is so interesting. Maybe I will find her later. She could make a good ally, I still think. I should get her alone sometime, you know. She seems smarter than Varath; she seems to need someone smart to pledge friendship to. With a last forlorn glance, I return my attention to Varath, shaking my head and rolling my eyes at the colt. We should make him think we're on his side. We're on everyone's side, you know. "Girls," I laugh.

Whoa! Look at that thing move! You saw how quickly he turned, a threat in his eyes. I have to resist the urge to step back. He really is scary, but I think maybe he will respect me if I don't show fear. Instead, I continue to examine him, and you are seeing this, I know, what I see. His wings... is this why he thought they were wrong, do you think? "They're small, aren't they?" I am done pretending to be innocent, because this is interesting to me. "Are your bones hollow?"

[ ooc || REALLY BAD POST I'M SO SORRY D: ]

Unregistered
Actually, their constant gnawing on each other was becoming bothersome. Not even the colt who looked as if he wanted to prod the cat's body apart with his eyes was enough to placate his rising annoyance; couldn't the kid and mare shut up for even two seconds? No. They had to keep going at each others throats like rabid beasts, snapping and acting like they were both three seconds old. A noise rumbled in the large space of his chest, like thunder starting in his lungs - but before it could reach a crescendo, the mare seemed to have gotten enough of colt and turned her back on them. Well, that didn't exactly make Belial any sadder. The giant cat made a sound that was reminiscent of a snort before muttering, "Good riddance,". He shook his head and wondered why he, too, didn't walk away. He'd come down only to find out if he really had reached the strange-place-where-horses-don't-act-like-prey, and if this encounter was any indication, he had reached it. So why did he linger? Why did he bother sticking around? Why?!

The small one, Varath, piped up again, about his wings. Cool? No! What the hell did he know about wings anyway? He didn't exactly have a pair hidden under his downy foal fur! "It's not cool," he snapped, teeth clicking together when he shut his mouth. Wings were the bane of his life, the bane of his existence; wings a pair of cloudy-headed parents had wished upon him. Belial's short tail snapped in annoyance, and once more he wondered why he tormented himself by remaining. Was it because any form of social interaction - even with prey - that didn't lead up to him getting mauled by a pack of smilidon pleased him? Or was it because he was just plain stupid? Fucking masochist.

And the older colt kept up his inspection. Even cats have tempers. Or, well, perhaps one should say, cats have tempers. While it was a welcome change from having claws in his hocks, it wasn't exactly pleasant to be scrutinized so by a stranger who did fancy tricks and made you an ugly twin. Truth to be told, the illusion wasn't all that bad, but wings... At times, they had their uses. Like now. The one nearest to the curious colt relaxed ever so slightly before he slammed it out, aiming to knock the wing bone against his many-horned forehead. He'd come close enough, seen enough, but in the short moment when the wing wasn't clutched awkwardly against his side, it was obvious that, when unfurled, they'd be large enough to hold his weight in the air. Belial didn't enjoy trying it, though, and the muscles were sorely underdeveloped, but he didn't exactly know about that. Grumbling under his breath he reined in the wing again, folding it and holding it tight to his muscular chest again. Hollow bones? What the?

"I haven't exactly checked," he told the older of the pair in an annoyed tone, sidling away from his peering eyes. "And I'm not going to let you check, either. So don't even think it." He'd bury his canines in his fleshy neck before he let that happen. Belial might not like his wings, but he be damned if he was going to let someone rip them off. A pack animal living as a loner was always wary of pain and injury, and he preferred sticking to pulled muscles.

OOC // Sorry for the wait...

redgod

VARATH         

But sometimes out of nowhere
There's demented sounds of laughter

Varath's ears flattened against his skull as Ktulu insulted him again, and he said nothing. The colt listened as the sabretoothed cat spoke then too, and he snorted. "My brother and I live in the Foothills. You are welcome to go there if you want." He said shortly, giving Ktulu a glare before marching back through the trees.

Credits