the Rift

Lesser Demons

Belial Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
charks

Belial
unicorn . colt . no herd . growing

Well, would you look at that? It would seem that these two are not only siblings - I told you so, didn't I? - but not exactly pleased about it. Pity, isn't it? I do quite like these two, and I imagine you do, too... of course you do! Look at them, aren't they delightful? Let's keep watching, I want to see how they interact, the weakness they express. Already some things are evident. The younger one, the colt, is clearly not as subtle as his sister, prone to quickly shifting emotion. You see, of course, how he stiffened when I tried to play him with my words. Oh, you know I expected such a reaction, don't try to make it out like you were right and not me. I do appreciate the grey fellow's admiration of my horns, though. A wolfish grin spreads across my face. "Thanks, but you should see my mother's. She has six" His statement about my tail is puzzling, though. I bring it around towards my face, craning my neck to examine the long silver tuft at its end. "Really? Where I'm from, all unicorns have tails like this." His ignorance is a bit concerning, as I'm sure you realize, but the colt is younger than I. He can learn.

I do like how he seems amenable to being friends with the filly, whose name I'm sure you caught. It has a rather nice ring, doesn't it? Ktulu. My attention is on her now, pale eyes still watching carefully to see how she behaves. She seems much calmer than the colt, I think, and makes a good point about him not stating his name – although at this point, I have not given mine, either. I suppose courtesy requests that I do so, but really, nobody has asked... and besides, you wouldn't expect me to just give it away, would you? These two seem worthy of knowing it, but there is still time for them to fail, is there not? We must continue to watch. I think I like them, though. It would be good to have such strong siblings behind me, when I make my moves. What? Oh, no, that's nothing for you to worry about. Carry on.

Finally, I get some attention. Not that I needed it, mind you, but I am the newcomer here. You can't tell me it's unreasonable for me to desire some sort of acknowledgment, a little bit of groveling. "Hello, Ktulu." I reply to her lightly, but my voice has a darker tone now than it did when I addressed her brother, a suggestion of something else, something smarter and cleverer than what meets the eye. It's not that I'm trying to show off, per se, I just really want her to be my friend. You can't deny that she seems like an intelligent filly; at least for now, she would be a good companion, a helper for my mischief. I don't have a chance to respond with my own name, however – that treat is taken away by the most interesting character to arrive yet.

I have seen big cats, and I have seen big birds, but never before have I seen a cat nearly as tall as I, with great wings folded beside me. Yet here one is! All three of us had turned to stare at it, but you really can't blame us – the thing is so very unusual. I only hear the siblings exchange quips vaguely; I'm too busy trying to commit the image of the cat-thing to memory. I know it could probably eat us in a second... or it could try. If it does, it might actually be an interesting experience. What would the other two do? Thus far they have stood their ground, but do you think they would flee if the beast were to attack? Or would they help me fight? Boo, he says, and I stop puzzling. Instead I blink, focusing my magic. It takes less than a second for the second cat to materialize next to the first, although something is off about this one. Okay, don't blame me – this thing is certainly unusual, and it's my first time trying to materialize anything like it. The second cat blinks, but otherwise stands there dumb. Hmm. Should it's wings be bigger? Its back be longer? I'm really not sure. I wonder what the cat thinks of his likeness. Maybe I'll ask him.

"Does it look alright to you?" My voice and face are the picture of innocence, bright eyes staring at the predator and feigning purity. "I don't know. I'm not sure it captures your ferocity, Mr....?" Then, in an act of perhaps utter stupidity, I walk towards the beast and begin to inspect his sides. He has not shown any desire to kill me yet. Let's tempt fate just a little more.

Messages In This Thread
Lesser Demons - by Belial - 06-03-2012, 11:50 PM
RE: Lesser Demons - by Varath - 06-04-2012, 03:12 PM
RE: Lesser Demons - by Ktulu - 06-04-2012, 04:16 PM
RE: Lesser Demons - by Belial - 06-04-2012, 06:12 PM
RE: Lesser Demons - by Belial II - 06-04-2012, 06:48 PM
RE: Lesser Demons - by Varath - 06-04-2012, 07:33 PM
RE: Lesser Demons - by Ktulu - 06-04-2012, 08:30 PM
RE: Lesser Demons - by Belial - 06-07-2012, 01:36 AM
RE: Lesser Demons - by Belial II - 06-10-2012, 05:37 AM
RE: Lesser Demons - by Varath - 06-15-2012, 09:34 PM
RE: Lesser Demons - by Ktulu - 06-20-2012, 03:02 PM