the Rift

Ave Maria [ Locket Teaching Spar]
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

They never make him wait long, do they? Perhaps others, but never Gaucho. There is always someone to answer his call - to rise to his challenge. With each new partner, Gaucho always faintly feels the pull of the unknown, that perhaps today he will meet an opponent like Archibald; one who can bring him to his knees. Will it be this masked warrior? This one, lithe of build and surely quick on his feet? He answered the call immediately, but does he know what he's in for?

Gaucho's stormy gaze washed over the lithe warrior, in the moments before he charged. Yewwneekorn, he thought to himself. He had fought many, and while their horns could be problematic, the dun had learned many tricks to defy and defeat their natural spears. He had antlers - large with numerous tines upon them to deflect and ensnare the horn of a unicorn, and now, as Locket raced towards him, that's just what he planned to do.

Gaucho lowered his brow slightly, so that his antlers were pointed horizontal, but also to compensate for the smaller stature of his opponent. Otherwise, he remained still; letting the impulsiveness of his opponent bring him closer, so that he would not have to waste precious energy.

As Locket neared, swerving to the right, the dun finally burst into action. Protecting his face and neck with his lowered antlers, Gaucho threw his own body to the left, towards Locket. Although purposefully allowing himself to take damage early in a spar was perhaps not advisable, he had told the warrior to prove that he was not weak. In that, Gaucho would not dance away from him. He wanted to see what the Foothills were made out of, and in turn, they would learn about him as well. Gaucho's intention was to thrust the collar of spikes that rested upon his shoulders, into his opponent's left shoulder as he passed. If he wanted to get close enough to use his horn - Gaucho would let him, but at a price. As he threw his weight over, he felt the white-hot tear of skin, as Locket's curved blade thinly parted the skin over his ribcage. Gaucho's dark ears immediately pinned against his skull as the itchy-burning feeling of the cut found its way to his brain. It was not deep, but like a paper-cut,it stung with each twist of his barrel.

Through his peripheral vision, Gaucho could see the stallion spinning behind him, and...bucking? What on earth was he doing? Gaucho was right here - did he get stung by a bee? However the dun made no move to question the unicorn - it may all be some kind of ploy to get him to let his guard down. Indeed, that might have been it, for the stallion was on the move again.

Fool, Gaucho thought with a hardened grin, as he watched the stallion near his hindquarters. Did Locket perhaps think that simply because he was currently still, that he would remain so? Gaucho tried to restrain himself until he judged that Locket would not be able to completely swerve to avoid what was coming. Lowering his head, Gaucho bucked towards the outstretched muzzle of the stallion. His intention was to kick him squarely in the face as he tried to bite at his large hindquarter.

As his hooves once again struck the ground, Gaucho dropped his right shoulder, moving forward and turning in to the right. His stormy gaze sought out the lithe form of his opponent, and locked on. With a loud grunt, Gaucho launched himself forward towards Locket's left shoulder. He lowered his antlers defensively, to protect against a potential horn-retaliation from the smaller stallion. He meant to once again slam himself against Locket - this time, with his right shoulder, against Locket's left rib cage, or shoulder. While Gaucho's considerable bulk and force would likely causing bruising, it was once again his spiked collar that was the real worry.

[ WC: 666
Attack 1/3

@[Locket] .

OOC Notes
REALLY good intro. I like the emotion about Lakota, and how he wants to get himself injured so that he can see her more. Hilarious! Here are a few things I would suggest you could improve upon (feel free to edit your previous post, or just continue. Whatever you want :3)
  • So Locket's first attack is to run head on at Gaucho, and try to drag his horn against him. The first thing I would suggest, is to mention which side you're talking about. If you're running at him, and moved to the right, then it's Gaucho's left side you're attacking. Also, where are you aiming for? His neck? His shoulder? His flanks? Hip? Wing? I took it as rib cage, since you didn't specify.
  • Second attack, Locket turns around (bucks at his own tail, lmao), then runs at Gaucho again trying to bite his hind quarters - again, which side?

I would also suggest using more of your post count. I almost always think 'eh, I won't need 800 words', and I always do. Maybe Locket is thinking/hoping that Lakota will be around to see him beat up the stallion? Does he recognize him from any of the invasions? What does he think of how primitive Gaucho looks? Maybe he'll compare him to Solace in his mind, because they're both larger breeds, and Locket can once again use his speed to his advantage? All of these things, will make the spar more vivid to read.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Messages In This Thread
Ave Maria [ Locket Teaching Spar] - by Gaucho - 12-19-2013, 05:17 PM
RE: Ave Maria [ Locket Teaching Spar] - by Locket - 12-29-2013, 11:21 PM
RE: Ave Maria [ Locket Teaching Spar] - by Gaucho - 01-18-2014, 01:46 PM
RE: Ave Maria [ Locket Teaching Spar] - by Locket - 01-29-2014, 12:13 PM
RE: Ave Maria [ Locket Teaching Spar] - by Gaucho - 02-02-2014, 06:34 PM