Vanilla Twilight [ Sun God ]
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
It's not hard to live like a ghost.
I just haunt all that I wanted, and leave what I don't.</style>

Continuation from this thread. In Gaucho's quest, the Sun God said to bring back any he 'converted'. I'm going to try not to do them all individually, however - it just worked out for this one. Jump in whenever :3
I'll post his current progress at the bottom, for reference as well.

Gaucho watched as Aurelia turned away - as she arched and tensed her neck in a manner that suggested she was far older than she was. His pierced-nostrils flared slightly, taking in her scent, as she advised that she wanted to fly. Were he a more paternalist creature, he might have cautioned against this, fearing that she was still too inexperienced, or that it could be dangerous. However, Gaucho took the girl at her word, nodding. As she tossed her dainty head, turning her flank towards him, Gaucho reached out his long neck, meaning to nip lightly at her pale flank - at the same time, her wing shot out, brushing against the refined muscles of his chest.

"Gaucho keep up. Not worry." He said with a grin, pulling his muzzle back. He watched with a lingering gaze as Aurelia lifted herself into the sky. Grunting (with an unhelpful hiss from Mara, who could only roll her eyes in disbelief at the thoughts wafting through her bonded's mind), followed her quickly.

The colours of the sky were dazzling, as the sun gently began to set. In the back of his mind, Gaucho vaguely wondered if perhaps the Sun God slept, when the sun was down. Would he be available? He had told Gaucho to bring back those who wanted to see him...were there any other instructions he had missed? Biting his lip, his powerful wings propelled him after her - though he never overtook her. He simply stayed a playful distance behind, as if truly struggling to keep up.

As they flew towards the Veins, the air began to grow slightly colder as they left the desert-like currents and heat of the Throat behind them. Gaucho angled his large body once the small peninsula of rocks came into view, and gently prepared to descend.

Some Devil - Asks Onni to teach him how to preach about the Sun God.
- blackbird claw - raven wing; Tells Megaera of the Sun God in an effort to win her over to the Throat.
- We are the wind before the thunderstorm; Tells Meraki of the Sun God.
- so, i kick out like this?; Talks to Aurelia about the Sun God.
- Swinging Low; Meets Israfel - turns out she's the daughter of the Sun God! Well..he tried!
- Singing in the rain; Gaucho had every intention of preaching, until it turned out there was a unicorn from the Basin present. oops.
- The World; In progress - with Nyx.
- Bad Trip; In progress - with Oxy

Here is the original quest thread for reference.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

As I fly, I see Gaucho behind me the whole time. I know he can fly faster than me, for he is use to his wings where as I am not... yet. I want to learn to fly better, and to do that, I have to visit Alysanne and Mik (as I've nicknamed him) at World's Edge. Should that be my next stop?

I see Gaucho start to land, but I miss the opportunity to land. So, I let my left wing angle downwards, and my right upwards and turn around swiftly. Banking so effortlessly is very easy for me, because this is the one thing I love doing. I point my muzzle to the ground. My wings stop flapping and angle downwards now. I descend from the air rapidly, too rapidly.

Stretching my front hooves out, I try to land. With my luck though, the weight of my body is to heavy for my legs. I don't know how, but after almost falling and trotting forward to regain my balance, I have managed to halt, on all fours, balanced. Before anything else, I smile softly-- also embarrassingly, but that's not the point.

My forelock all messed up on my brow and covering some parts of my eyes. As I stop feeling embarrassed and actually realize I've been here before. I had no idea what this place was, but now I may understand. "Is The Sun God here?" I ask tentatively as my gaze searches for Gaucho's. I should flirt, but really... I CAN SEDUCE YOU WITH MY AWKWARDNESS. I would've laughed at myself, but that would've been strange, so I didn't.

"Gaucho..." I whispered softly. maybe I am scared, maybe flirty. I have no idea why I said his name, but I did. okay, well, it had been a seductive tone, but was I really going to seduce him? Probably not, but maybe it was harmless now. quacho was probably already taken, anyways.

Walk walk walk
talk talk talk
ooc:; I got rid of some of the humor here.. it's really weird to play her before she was attacked or anything... because now she's really serious an stares a lot, but here she's like flirty and who knows? :D @[Gaucho] I wasn't sure if you wanted me to tag you every time?
Image Credits

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Ascended Helovian

[I don't mind either way :3 ]

Gaucho watched as Aurelia's landing took an awkward turn. He winced slightly as she touched down - back home in the Throat, such a landing would be cushioned by the red sands, but out here, there was nothing but charred rock. However, for all of her stumbling, she did manage to stay on all four legs. Grunting his approval, he nodded once it seemed that she was fine.

Gaucho's dark ears twitched at her question. No, he wasn't here - and the lingering thoughts that clouded his mind on the flight over - that perhaps he wasn't available during the night - came tumbling back in. Although Gaucho was not by any stretch a self-conscious creature, he had told the golden-child that she would see the God here. Gaucho, who didn't' usually need to rely on others, suddenly felt very helpless. "Not yet..." He mumbled, "but last time Gaucho come, Gaucho meet daughter of the son, Isra."

Moving away, he strides to the blackest of the shrines - the one that looks clearly the most burned. It was many seasons ago that he had come to this exact place, merely offering his respects and appreciation to the patron of his new home, when the God had suddenly appeared. With the same gentle sweeping motion he had used that, Gaucho began to gradually force away all of the dust and the rubble that had accumulated on the shrine, using his large wings. As Aurelia called out to him, his large antlered brow turned her way - stormy gaze meeting her own. Maybe a more socially-inept stallion would have seen through her facade, to her flirtatious intentions, but Gaucho was not attune to these subtle signals. Nostrils flaring, he flapped a wing in a 'come here' gesture.

"Gods no come here much any more but...we still keep Sun God shrine nice." He continued to sweep away the charred earth and dead grasses from the shrine.

Image Credits

baylee
She was a girl, confused in a world much bigger than she wanted. Why are there gods? Why, why, why? She says that a lot now, almost as if she doesn't understand her world. Does she need a teacher? Emotions are evident, but seemingly multiplied on her sometimes. Why? Perhaps it's a silly thing. Maybe she just wants attention, or maybe something else blocks her path to knowledge.

She stares at him as he beckons her over. Does he want Aurelia to help clean? Aurelia doesn't second guess his motives and trots to the shrine. Reaching her pink nuzzle out to the shrine, she touches it. The rough smooth combination if the surface of this is strange. Retracting her muzzle, she fails to notice the black dot between her nostrils. Like a fool, she looks at the shrine with her temporary marking. On the shrine, there is a section where the black ash has been moved away. She then realizes her muzzle is covered with black. "Uhm... Is my muzzle black?" Looking for an honest answer, her eyes look for Gaucho's.

Her creepy white pupils have gotten stared at many times. Has Gaucho stared at her awkwardly? She'd been thought if as blind by a few horses, does he think she's blind, too? Aurelia's vision is very good, actually. Maybe not better than an average horse's, but not worse than excellent.

Aurelia flaps her wings too, but not completely. They are massive wings. Opening them completely wouldn't work, because they can't completely unfold in the limited space, and she didn't want to whack Gaucho. Her flapping isn't very effective, but it does the job. The ash from the shrine starts to float in the sky and around her. Who burnt this shrine? maybe Gaucho knew, but she surely didn't.

"Not yet... but last time Gaucho come, Gaucho meet daughter of the son, Isra." Isra? Was that short for something? Are there more Demi-gods? "Is she the only Demi-god?" She asks him softly, but still with a hint of flirtatiousness. After looking at the flying ash, her gaze returns to him, yearning for answers. I don't hear an answer right away, but he does speak again. "Gods no come here much any more but...we still keep Sun God shrine nice." She listened to him, happily. Already, she had trillions of questions for Gaucho. Still, she restricted herself to one question. In a sweet voice, she asked. "I hope he comes, do you?"

Ascended Helovian

Gaucho is pleased when Aurelia moves to his side, and begins to help. If the God was going to take his time in arriving, then Gaucho wanted to keep Aurelia busy until then, lest she believe that perhaps something had gone wrong. But...had it gone wrong? Gaucho kept thinking about Onni's advice, and how to proceed in fulfilling his duty. Surely the God knew of Gaucho's restricted vocabulary? But he wouldn't have sent him on a quest that he couldn't complete...would he?

Before Gaucho's mind could worry any further about the extent to which he could satisfy the God's request, Aurelia looked up at him, with adorable, large childish eyes, and a nose covered in black. Gaucho's dark lips pulled apart in a small, as he nodded earnestly; stormy gaze twinkling with amusement. "Yes. Very sooty." he replied, extending a dark wing her wing, to try and dust her muzzle off with the longest of his feathers.

He pondered her question carefully, trying to recall if he had ever heard of any other offspring of the Gods. In fact, he had: Roskuld, during an attack of one of the monsters. However at the time, there had been no indication of her lineage, such that he would recall it now. In his antlers, Mara shifted, as if trying to shrug for Aurelia's benefit: She didn't know either. "Gaucho think maybe..." His voice trailed off, as his muscled shoulders also shrugged. Turning back, he continued to work on the shrine, working diligently to remove the ash and grime. As the smooth, polished stone began to show underneath, the dun grunted with pleasure, proud that their work was starting to pay off.

Dark ears flickered slightly as Aurelia spoke again. His gaze moved from the stone's before them, to her lithe white figure. "Yes. Gaucho hope he comes. Sun God is....amazing. He powerful and strong. He watch over the Throat....like Gaucho.." A smile once again pressed itself to his muzzle, as he thought of all the long hours flying under the rays of the sun, patrolling the Throat. Never before had he thought of himself patrolling alongside the God, but now as the idea sifted into his mind, he found it rather pleasing.

Image Credits

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

At the top of the Sun God's shrine, a large, pillar-like flame of light erupted, seemingly from nothing. It remained that way, a reminder of the Sun God's promise - one flame for each converted soul.

baylee

As I cleaned the shrine with Gaucho, me and him made small-talk. We simply threw questions and answers back and forth, but honestly, I think I was asking more questions than him. "Yes. Very sooty." My mouth formed an O shape right before large feathers dusted my muzzle. Holy damn am I embarrassed. Like... How awkward? It's not him, it's me. I'm just making this awkward. after giving myself what can be known as a mental slapdown, I smiled at Gaucho. I can't have a crush on the [i]Sultan. He probably fetches the pretty ones-- no the pretty mares probably flock to him.[/i]

"Gaucho think maybe..." After asking him my question, he gives me this answer. There are more? He knows Isra, daughter of the Sun God. Hototo looks an awful lot like the God of The Earth, but that could be purely an accident. Does Hototo know the Earth God? "I met a boy that looked like the God of The Earth, but that could just be coincidental." After thinking on that thought for a moment, the silence is shattered by Gaucho's caveman voice. "Yes. Gaucho hope he comes. Sun God is....amazing. He powerful and strong. He watch over the Throat....like Gaucho.."

Pausing, I thought about what he said. My lips opened to ask a question, but suddenly a pillar of fire exploded from the top of the shrine. It caught me off guard and I stopped fanning the shrine and stared at the light that has just risen like a beacon. I cocked my head slightly. "Does this always happen?" I asked him jokingly, but also seriously. My jovial tones pointed to a rhetorical question, but I was serious.

Have I been blessed?

Then, suddenly, fear struck me hard. Shadows... "I must go Gaucho. We should chat sometime again." There is no fear in my features, but I know something unwanted is here, and so, the fear rises inside of me. What is here? A shadow maybe? The hell with this, I'm dying. WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING? Does he notice them? The shadow thing? I turn around, the graceful flow I once had, vanished. My steps are like a robot. I then disappear into the sky, flying.

Walk walk walk
talk talk talk
ooc:; sorry this is craziness. XD
Image Credits