the Rift

[OPEN] Lets Play Ring Around The Rosie

Jorogumo Posts: 70
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 2 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Selkie
“Sun comes up, we live and we cry. Sun goes down, then we all die. There is your lullaby, sleep now. You’ve left me and your mother incredibly worn out.”
“What does that song mean?”
“It means everything has an end.”

The light of dawn awoke the dark filly from her dreams, the weight of the past didn’t come with her awakening as none of the dreams were remembered. Her pale eyes looked about as she took in the details of the shallow cave she had claimed. With a yawn she arose and sauntered out to find food and drink. She dug into the snow and pulled out strands of grass and then proceeded to find drink. After her thirst had been quenched and her hunger satisfied, she knew it was time to decide what to do with her day. It was in that moment she decided to leave behind the icy grip of the Basin for a day. There wasn’t any adult to try and stop her. One of the many perks of being an orphan, no one to tell her what to do. Jorogumo was finding that perk wasn’t as fantastic as she thought it once was. Having a mother dote on you as rather nice when you didn’t have it, doting on yourself, and singing lullabies to yourself never was much fun. Being alone was nice, but being all the time was making her feel a crushing weight in her chest, and sometimes she just wanted to sit in her cave. Today she was motivated, she wanted to do something, see places.

The spider child took off without much thought toward the entrance to the Basin Kisaki had shown her. She spent the duration of her descent down the mountain singing and occasionally beginning games of pretend, but those never got very far as she found herself concentrating on her surroundings. Every now and then she would pick out a rock or structure that could be used as a landmark on her path back toward home.

When she finally reached a massive field, the sun was high within the sky. Journeying back was going to be incredibly dangerous, since she would be in the dark after all, there was always the option to sleep in the field. That could be something could be dealt with later. For now, she would eat because she was incredibly hungry. She devoured the grass with great vigor and then found a small bit of water and drank till her thirst was quenched.

She then began to play with herself amongst the tall grass. After a brief while a scent of another filled her nostrils. “I know you’re there.” She called off into the distance, unsure of where precisely the stranger was. “So don’t waste my time by skulking about. Either leave or come out.” There wasn’t any aggression in her tone, in fact, it was quite apathetic. In reality she was rather nervous, but she did her best to conceal. The spider child was learning to weave a web of stoicism and indifference. It was still an art she was perfecting, but she was confident in time she would be a true master.

@[Reginald]
"Talking"
Jorogumo

Icon by Bronzehalo

Reginald Posts: 165
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 hh :: 3 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Ka'Mate :: Harpy Eagle :: None & Ka'Ora :: Harpy Eagle :: None M.E.

speak

He lives here.

He sleeps here.

He drinks from this river.

He breathes this air.

His family lives with him, and he must allow that inevitability. However, that is all. The grey-eyed prince cannot stand his home being trampled, intruded, and desecrated by others who do not share his blood. He cannot stand the scat of others, he cannot stand them breathing his air, taking up his space, partaking in the clover of his fields. No matter how much he appeals to his mother, she brushes away his rage. ”This is a land for outcasts, and all may intrude here from time to time,” she says to him frequently, stern and loving at the same time. When Reginald appeals to his father, the dark brute only shakes his head and chuckles darkly, knowingly, infuriating the prince further as chuckles do nothing to protect the borders of their home.

There are no borders he is told. And he answers in his head, Of course there is. I have placed them. He is ignored; he is not minded. Adults come here nigh-on daily, and they do not ask his permission to reside in this place. Not too long ago a congregation of these intruders gathered in his home, dipping their sweating bodies into his water, holding council over affairs of which he had no interest in. It had poisoned him to watch these interlopers and be powerless to chase them out; he hated them, becoming sick with his own helpless hate—the prince would have vomited if his body would allow it.

This is the spleen that lays dormant in his stomach on that afternoon. The scent of another reaches his notice, and it unfurls itself once again, a fiery-fanged beast awakening in his bosom. It only growls louder as the audacious voice of a young girl sounds through the air. He prowls through the brush, and spies her—she is very young, as young as he is. The fangs behind his lips sense an opportunity.

“Waste your time, when you waste my grass?” It is a quiet growl that slips passed his teeth, but it is cold with his fury at her insolent remarks. “Skulking around this place, when I live here?” He snorts; it’s tiny, but in this moment of his crackling anger, he feels its gravity. You leave; you’re the stranger.” He never raises his voice, for it would cost him greatly to overexcite himself. He lowers his head as his mother has taught him, his growing horn pointed at the round, dark filly that has decided to intrude, his grey eyes shards of ice and granite as he stares, and stares, at her in his fury.

@[Jorogumo]

You can't escape the wrath of my heart
Beating to your funeral song
All faith is lost for hell regained

by: Kristi Herbert at flickr

Selkie
Jorogumo watched as another child stepped toward her. He threw at her angry words and accusations. There was no reason to even sit there and try to test him, his display already showed the filly he was weak. Part of her wanted to laugh, but she wouldn’t give him the slightest bit of emotion. “No,” was the only response she gave the colt. The filly had better things to do than argue with a stupid little colt, so she took a mouthful of grass and began to trot away, but then stopped when she thought of a more devious plot. Turning back around, she locked eyes with the little boy that thought he was some kind of king. She then walked up to him and got within close vicinity of his face.

“I don’t listen to stupid people, so, I won’t leave… Unless you can catch me,” For the most part her tone was flat and apathetic. “I won’t leave. Now, if you can’t catch me, you have to do whatever I say.” An undertone of mockery and aggression seeped into her voice. Would the angry little boy latch onto the bait? After all, Jorogumo had every intention of leaving after awhile, but she may as well trick someone as stupid as him to play with her.

Without another word she turned and took off at a trot, there was no reason to bolt off like a fool in case he was too lazy to defend the land that he had tried to claim. This very well could open up the door to being physically beaten, but the filly was too ignorant to realize that. Besides, she had Kisaki, an empress on her side. What did that sniveling little boy have other than his pathetic pride? Well, there was his mother but the child didn’t think she could stand a chance against the great queen of the Basin.

The filly decided to canter a bit to get a good distance between herself and the colt. Of course he would know the land better than she because he seemed to live here, but Jorogumo had her smaller size to her advantage. Where he was bulk, she was long-legged and graceful. Vanity might’ve been a thing beginning to grow inside the child along with many other faults. As she was also becoming quite an arrogant little thing to believe herself so capable of winning, after all, she had been just earlier on a rather exhausting journey.

@[Reginald]
Jorogumo

Icon by Bronzehalo

speak

*“No.”*

Reginald stays standing. He hears that tiny little catalyst of a word, and he knows its inherent meaning. He understands what flies from the moon-eyed filly’s mouth darkly, obstinate, a refusal to hear his words. He keeps his footing even as stars erupt in his eyes, the ground rocking underneath him, the world spinning in dizzying circles. Something bursts in his brain. A nerve is pulled painfully; the air is suddenly incredibly hard to breathe. It tastes like iron on his tongue. He wonders if it will suffocate him, because he can’t breathe. He can’t see. He can barely listen passed the echo of the single syllable that has dropped from her teeth.

Then, he is fine.

Reginald closes his eyes as she comes near, shoving her face into close proximity. Much too close; she could be in danger. But he does nothing. His eyes stay closed peacefully, calmly, and when he finally looks at her foolishly trotting form, the interest is settled there. He is interested.

*“I don’t listen to stupid people, so, I won’t leave… Unless you can catch me.”*

His ears perk forward; his pupils contract. He listens—it is a manifestation of his interest.

* “I won’t leave. Now, if you can’t catch me, you have to do whatever I say.”*

“Yes,” he answers, and in every facet of his tone there is amicable laughter, a child’s excitement for play. He doubts she hears him—for she has bolted off and left him in the wake of her dust, trotting here, cantering there, giving him an eyeful of the fluidity she possesses despite her size. It is one thing Reginald notices about her; she is the first filly he has witnessed who does not appear scrawny and underfed. She has bone and meat; his eyes scan her vulgarly, unashamed in his hungry gaze.

He walks after her—just walks. Running is a foolish pastime for the small son of Hellion; there is no way he could match her speed. He humors her, though. He walks behind and follows, an irritated cloud hanging over his eyes, a shadow overhanging the threads of a grand tapestry unraveling in his mind. “What are you going to do?” he calls after her; even his shouts are naught but ghostly whispers on the crisp currents of Orangemoon, “Will you run from me all day? You can’t hide; I’ll find you. You can’t stop; I’ll catch you.”

@[Jorogumo]

Selkie
Jorogumo caught the way he closed his eyes as she grew close to his face. Weak, weak, weak she thought to herself. This game should be relatively easy if he wouldn’t even look at her. The child snorted and continued on prancing about, completely oblivious to what kind of trouble she was heading towards. In her mind this was all just game, a simplistic child-like game, yet there was something twisted at the same time. She wanted to boy to lose, she wanted him to kneel at her feet and realize that she answered to no one. The girl had been subservient to adults and all they had done for her is leave her off to die, laugh at her and leave her on her own.

A grin passed over her lips when she saw the boy beginning to walk toward her. The stupid boy fell for her trick, finally she had someone to play with. The spider child noticed the way the stupid little boy was looking at her, something about it made her feel unsettled, it was as if he was staring at her every crevice, and studying her body like a starving wolf. Never before had someone gazed at her in such a way, this wouldn’t stop her though. Her gait was a smooth trot and she didn’t want to exert her muscles too much, after all she had taken the long journey here.
For a brief moment she stopped and listened to the boy as he shouted at her. A smirk passed over her lips and she shook her head. “That’s what you think, but there is always somewhere to run to. The world is an endless place, and you’ll have to be relentless to catch me. I won’t just run today, but I’ll run tomorrow and the next and the next day.” That challenging tone returned to her voice.

For awhile she remained still, and she even allowed the boy to get close, oh so very close, but then bolted at a canter to widen the distance between them once again. Once the gap between them had grown, she began to walk once more, to let him get closer, just so she could bolt away again. So this is how the game would be, she would let him get close and then bolt off again. My how pleased with herself Jorogumo was, such a brilliant way to taunt the boy and give off a very obvious message, she was untouchable.

@[Reginald]
"Talking"
Jorogumo

Icon by Bronzehalo

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

Dainty hooves pound on the leaf laden ground, the beautiful fae walks gracefully towards the Thistle Meadow, seeking some relaxation. From what? That question doesn't have an answer, for it seems that she hasn't been doing one thing. The painted filly carefully makes her way to the meadow, already invisioning the beauty of the place. The purple flowers that dotted the land were always pleasing to the eye. Her long pillars move swiftly, lean muscles flexing beneth her sleek, painted coat, with every step. Her orbs are set forward on what is ahead, her ghostly friends flanking her on both sides. 

Nearing a rise, she climbs it quickly. At the top, she can see the stream clearly, dotted with a few grey rocks. Quickening her pace to a jog, she sets her sights on the stream. Soon she is only a few horse lengths away. Taking in a deep breath, she glances around, no one in sight. With a small sigh of joy, she halts in front of the stream. Cocking her back left foot, she lets her eyes shutter close. 

The stillness is soon interrupted by voices near by. With a long exhale, she shakes herself, triying to rid of the tiredness that still seems to cling to her bodice. She nears a small rise that has been obstructing her view of the rest of the meadow, eagerly climbing it, she hopes to find the sorce of the voices. Abishia's brown pools rest on a fae and a brute, the fae seeming to run from the brute. And by the looks of it, they are quite young, near Abi's age, one could suppose. Shaking her dome in confusing, she carefully starts to walk forward. She isn't far from them when she clears her throat. 

" Hello sir, hello miss. I couldn't help but notice what's going on..."  

She dips her head to each of them in respect before trailing off knowingly, not wanting to intrude on the situation. The moonlit cloaks her and givers her frame a mistifying look, her beauty hard to ignore. The slight breeze sends her locks dancing in the wind.

@[Jorogumo] @[Reginald]

Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

speak

*“I won’t just run today, but I’ll run tomorrow and the next and the next day.”*

Reginald chuckles; it’s forced from him, slipping passed whatever barriers he has erected against this alien.“And the next day?” he wonders, continuing his steady march toward his prize, the inevitable. “And the next day? And the day after that? You’ll run forever?” His imagination runs rampant with the image of this slight little shadow flying over the countryside for all eternity, an eye cast over her back for the menace she had foolishly invoked. “I want to see that,” he decides. It is a hiss between his teeth; he does not care if she hears. He will see her run for eternity.

She stops and lingers for a bit, bolting as he comes close. She is a coy little insect, baiting the hawk or the tiny weanling serpent, teasing the grey-eyed prince with her imminent presence. He does not rise to the bait, for the churning and bubbling in his stomach has been mastered finally. It is naught but a storm raging in the distance, and though he hears the rumbling thunder across what seems to be many seas, he does not succumb to it. She runs away from him once more; he feels the thistles bristle across his legs as he slowly ambles past. He keeps his sight on her. “No sleeping for you,” he says, another growl under his breath, a mocking sort of croon. He plays the game willingly. How fun.

The scent of another reaches his notice, however, and he stops in his tracks. The game has paused; Reginald looks into the face of another young filly who has ambled into his homeland quite innocently, her tone polite as he addresses him and his new “friend” as sir and madam. “This is a land for outcasts,” he hears his mother say in some distant memory, “and all may intrude here from time to time.” Whatever blisters inside his ribcage is contained, and he feels very little for this new addition—he only acknowledges slight irritation at the suspension of their game. She is not a part of it—at least, not yet.

He stares at her. There is no speech from his maw. The breeze rustles gently; the sun begins its decent. The light becomes golden in the early evening, and he knows his mother will expect him soon. He only stands there and stares into the green irises of this new filly, disliking her stringy build, the ridiculous dish of her face. He continues to stare regardless of her infuriating faults. Waiting.

Selkie
The boy laughed. Jorogumo snickered back. For her to keep running, he would have to keep chasing, and she doubted that he would pursue her relentlessly. Unless he was stupider than she thought, which oh how she hoped he wasn’t that stupid. Those last words he whispered, a smirk broke her stoic mask and she shook her head. “Can you chase me for so long? I think you’ll give up. For a good predator doesn’t chase endlessly, it builds its web and waits for prey to come to it. A spider isn’t an easy thing to catch, they know just the right dark places to hide in.” Let him chew on those words. More words parroted from her mother, well, all except for the last sentence, that was conjured up by her own murky mind that was plummeting deeper and deeper into darkness with each day. Blindly she was heading down a road of treachery, and with her narrow sightedness, the end of the road was a big blur… But she believed it with every fiber of her being, that this dumb colt wouldn’t be there. All he was to her was temporary amusement.

The game of cat and mouse continued, Jorogumo, of course, didn’t believe herself to be the prey. Her tactic of taunting and teasing remained, each time she would let hm get closer and closer, recklessly believing herself to be the one who will win the crown in the end. This game was quite fun, especially since she was winning. Games were fun only if she won she realized. I will always make sure I win, she thought to herself. I was born with a crown, thus I was born to rule. She thought back to the first steps she took into the Basin, all those words of supremacy implanted into her brain. The seeds were beginning to sprout, and the spider child believed that she would someday see those crowned with horns rise to their rightful thrones.

With all these thoughts of domination, a voice spoke, and it wasn’t that of her playmate. After some distance had developed between her and the boy, she turned her attention to the filly. In silence she studied every fiber of the mare and it didn’t take long for her to notice the lack of a horn. This dainty little filly was a butterfly, and Jorogumo was the spider, she would devour this hornless. The butterflies wings wound be ripped off and it would bow to the spider. It would sing praise to the black widow. That was the natural order of things. The black widow slaughtered the butterfly.

Still retaining her silence, Jorogumo approached the little butterfly. Despite the superior size of the filly, she would still kneel. Chou,” The spider child said softly, her voice icy cold . “You aren’t crowned little chou.” She said, a bit of malice creeping into her tone and the darkness that lay asleep in the child awoke like a roaring beast. “You are a hornless butterfly…” A bright idea flashed into the filly’s mind, maybe she could keep the ugly little filly as a pet! Oh surely Kisaki would let her keep it! She could make the little butterfly entertain her and do things for her. There wouldn’t be any need to dig amongst the snow anymore, she could make the weak butterfly do it. Hm, no, she wanted a prettier pet. Maybe she could find a Pegasus to make her own, that sounded much more appealing than a skinny little freak.Chou, I am going to pluck your wings.” She locked eyes with the filly and swiveled her ears back, and suddenly a shift overcame the filly. Where once mere apathy once was, there was aggression and a girlish sort of malice. What would her companion do? Would he take his opportunity to grab her? Or would he, a fellow crowned, join in the game of breaking the butterfly?

[Chou = Butterfly
Jorogumo won't attack if you will not want her to. Even if she does, she will cause hardly any damage as she is still very young and isn't in any way a skilled fighter.
@[Abishia] ]
"Talking"
Jorogumo

Icon by Bronzehalo

Hidden Account
Wild.

Ah, another hateful of the hornless? She doesn't mind. She envies them, her lack of a horn ashamed her. They are majestic beings, Yes. She wishes she was crowned, but the filly's odd words distract her. She speaks of a butterfly, no, she calls Abi herself a butterfly, and talks of ripping off her wings. If Abishia had eyebrows, she would furrow them. She turns her head to the side, noticing the scent that wafts off her. It's the one that had wafted off the Lady Illynx. She remembers what lays around her neck, the thick strands that Abishia had carefully braided; the strands are the color of midnight, made carefully into a necklace by Abishia's careful kissers. The hair is from Illynx herself, a ticket to the Basin to speak with her. Abishia smiles smugly, staring at the beautifully crowned girl. She bows her head respectfully. 

" I not know what you speak of, beautiful miss. "

She says this truthfully, completely puzzled by the odd language the filly seems to speak. She smiles lightly at the girl. 

" I envy you and your horn. Your horn makes you a great being miss. "

Her voicce is trimmed with want, actually, the need to be horned... She decides to ignore the odd brute, completely concentrated on the beautiful horned being before her. 

@[Jorogumo]

{ Its fine, she's your charrie, do what you want!(: }

Credits

lines

speak

A spider, she calls herself. Reginald wonders why she uses such a metaphor. He decides it suits her perfectly: small, black, hairy, annoyingly underfoot as she spits venom from the fangs in her mouth. He fleetingly wonders if her queer eyes old 4 irises beneath the opaque cloud of its color, and he laughs at this thought. We lets her be a spider; he lets her weave her web. How exhilarating it is for the grey-eyed prince to know he will not need to prepare the trap; it is being made before his very eyes. He must only wait until it performs its duty.

He’s good at waiting.

The daydream comes to an end behind his eyes. The sun continues its arch downward; a cool breeze wafts over the amethyst thistles of the field; it is evening now. His stomach lurches in hunger. He ignores these pangs, for he has found things to amuse him, captivate him, pull at the chords of his attention. It is indeed captivating; his spider snarls and bares the daggers of her throat, stalking this new “butterfly” that has decided to flutter much too close to a flame. Reginald does not move yet; he watches, his mind coolly assessing the spectacle before him, listening as this broken-faced filly addresses the spider as “beautiful”.

He cannot believe the words that fall from her mouth; he does not understand her reverence. She is indeed a butterfly drawn to a flame—drawn to her own destruction. The oddity of the term “hornless” is suspended as he processes the queer nature of her actions. Does she not recognize danger? For there is a dangerous light in the spider’s eyes as she stalks her prey—Reginald believes her bloodlust—he does not doubt her resolve in attack. Laughter tickles his stomach; he can’t keep it in check, and it falls lightly from his mouth, boyishly tickled, charming in its own twisted method. Only moments before she acted the role of the arrogant intruder, desecrating the land he slept on, ate on, lived on; here she marches, ever ready to purge this place of the interloper. The irony cannot escape the grey scrutiny of the dark prince. His laughter spreads amongst the golden light of the falling sun, the purple of the weaving thistles.

“After you,” he says in a tone he deems pleasant, speaking to the spider as she approaches the chou-- what an odd name for the doomed. The eyes of the broken-faced filly do not follow him, and that’s alright. He has wondered for a while if he would be able to test the sharpness of his growing horn on something larger than a rat, more substantial than a crippled hatchling trapped on the ground. He is eager to start his new game—with his “playmates”.

He follows her towards the chou.

Selkie
Jorogumo watched the little butterfly with great intent. The little butterfly spoke back, and the hornless was confused, so, the butterfly was hornless and stupid, a horrible combination. That would be typical for a creature as shallow and flight as a butterfly, all they did was flutter about and appear pretty to the world, until the spider snatched the little thing into its web and destroyed it. In the eyes of the world, the butterfly was the prey and the spider was the predator. The spider child would make this filly her prey. Never before had she felt such an urge to simply destroy.

Evening has arrived. Darkness was coming and consuming the light. A wicked grin passed over the girls lips as the filly spoke about envy.
“You should little hornless. Let that envy burn.” Jorogumo whispered. “Because all your kind is, is a complete disgrace to the esteemed blood of the crowned.” Now the filly began to circle about the spotted thing. “Where should I rip first Chou?” The spider asked. “How long will it take for you to kneel to the spider?” A giggle passed from her lips and she stopped in front of the filly once again, this time looking her up down with a hungry expression. There were so many perfect places to begin. The sound of laughter distracted her, and she merely flickered her gaze over to the stupid boy, who she had realized followed behind her. A smirk passed over her lips at his words and she flickered her gaze back toward the filly.

Slowly she crept toward the little butterfly and just about hesitated when she found herself beside the filly’s shoulder. Faster than she thought she was capable of, she reached out with her teeth toward the filly’s shoulder, hoping to plant a good solid nip. Oh how she wished she had the bite of a spider. To poison the filly and watch her die every so slowly was such a beautiful thought, and Jorogumo knew she would’ve been like the predator she so admired. After taking her nip she lifted up her head toward the ear of the butterfly. “Chou, you have wandered into the spider’s web, and now, there is no escape.” It was then she went in for her first attack, aiming to slash her horn down the side of the spotted filly. Let her see the might and power behind a horn! The butterfly wouldn’t just envy the horn, she would fear it, Jorogumo would ensure that.

After she had taken the first blow she looked over at the stupid boy. Would he attack or simply watch? The spider child’s darkness was a beast and it was consuming her. The scarred tissue of her heart had grown in, and she had succumb to the pain trapped inside and was letting herself become the monster her parents had dreamed of.

"Talking"
Jorogumo

Icon by Bronzehalo

Hidden Account
Wild.
A B I S H I A

Chou?
She wasn't fond of this little thing, no. Her actions proved she wasn't worthy of her horn. The little thing shouldn't be so confident, for the girl could easily over power her. Abishia pays no attention to her words, for she doesn't care for them. With a sigh, she simply stares, and stares. She was pretty, yes, but damn was she a nuisance. The girl was crowned, which made the suspicions rise in the girl. Maybe she was from the Basin... With a sigh, she encouraged herself not to assume, but made sure to keep the thought in the back of her mind. She wouldn't want to disrespect the horned girl, because of her possible connections.

The spider lurched for the filly, and nipped Abishia on the shoulder. Abi simply stood there, wondering what to do next. She started to speak, but was interrupted by another attack. She had almost escaped the jab of the horn, but she was no expert, and very inexperienced. She was delivered a deep gash in her barrel, and she winced in pain. Orbs light with fury, she whipped around, her rump now facing the spider. She tried to kick out at the girl, but stopped herself. Turning back around, she faced the girl confidently. Staring her straight in the orbs, She started to speak in a quiet voice.

" Look, I have no intention to disrespect you. I don't want to fight, crowned one. "

The blood was running down her barrel now, and she groaned in pain. Why did she have to be so stupid, and get herself into this sticky situation? Maybe I AM a stupid equine... She thought, shaking her dome. But she quickly reminded herself that no, she wasn't like the other's in her species. She was special. She hated her own species, and the others, all except Unicorns. That really showed how different she really is. She had respect for all the crowned ones; they where royalty to her. Although, she would refuse to be a slave to them. Go ahead, they don't have to respect her, but she will not follow them around like a lost puppy and do their dirty work. She sighed, a low, long sigh.

" I'm sorry if I ever offended you, miss. I didn't mean to. I will go now, and leave you with the boy. I'm sorry again. I really am. "

She stared down at her hooves, watching as the blood slowly dripped onto the freezing soil. She started to walk off, stopping at the girl's side and muttering something that only she would be able to hear, hopefully.

" Look. I'm like you in an instance, I hate Equines and Peagusi just like you. I'm disgusted with myself; I hate being a stupid Equine. I want to be horned like you, but don't take this in a wrong way. I love Unicorns because they are a great species, they are beautiful, and majestic. Don't think I'm just the ordinary Equine, because I'm not. "

Before trotting off, she stared the girl in the eyes, and muttered a small goodbye. She brushed past the boy, and dipped her head in respect to him before slowing to a walk a few strides later. She looked back, wondering what the meeting would have been like if she had only had a horn.

[align=center]
::Tags::
@[Reginald] , @[Jorogumo]

::Muse::
Okay

::Notes::
ooc; SO SORRY. I read back on this and was like holy crap, this is horrible. I technically changed the whole post, and I apologize. thank you so much NPC for pointing out my mistakes. helps a lot! (:

lines

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Please adjust your post, as the following has happened:
- Abishia has no magic and therefore no blinding attack
- A scent cannot exactly pinpoint a herd someone came from, especially not the scent of snow which masks many smells
- It is powerplay to assume a character's position as well as escape damage since your character is a 9 month old filly! In actuality, Abishia is the weak one!

Respondents to this post can assume that no blinding attack was made and that she does not know where you came from for certain.

speak

The spider is faster than him; it’s to be expected. Nonetheless, Reginald cannot keep the surge of hatred that rises like disgusting bile in his throat, the loathing for the suppleness to her movement, the ease of which she attacks this annoying, ugly-faced fawn who has chosen to intrude on his homeland as well. The yearning to attack in such a fashion sears his stomach, causes an ache in his breast; a groan rumbles in the back of his throat, quiet and persistent and clinging behind his eyes as she veritably chases the ugly-faced one away from his home. He focuses on that beneficial aspect of this entire maddening escapade: she could be useful if she was not so hard-headed.

He sighs; he dismisses the anger, and once again, he looks on the scene with interest. He has stopped approaching the peculiar filly, for she retreats from the bite and stab of the spider. He listens to her vitriol once more, shocked by her words, confused by her hatred. Still he does not understand the concept of racial superiority; he is perfect regardless of his horn, regardless of his blood. The spider is a nuisance with or without the aid of her sword; the dish-faced filly is just ugly. They should be ashamed.

“Follow her,” he says to the spider foaling, and his voice is tired. The sun is gone; its rays are dying fast. He hears the echo of his mother’s neigh, nearer than he realized, and he cannot ignore his mother’s call. It’s time to eat—then he must sleep. “Follow your chew toy, or brave the wolves, I don’t care,” he says, turning his back on the black filly, exhausted with so many different types of foolishness. He pauses; he's surely tired. "Your chou toy." He breathes a laugh; he lets the falling dark swallow him. The game is fun and he won’t forget it. He lets the spider skitter away; he lets her build his web.

@[Jorogumo]